Name this font

Buffalo

So everywhere I turn I see an awesome hipster rocking one of these late 80's early 90's snapback caps with the same font... it's that script font with the city name in all caps Helvetica.

Here are some examples.

DSC08402.JPG

IMG_8285.JPG

img7408f.jpg

I'd like to know what font this is!

Any ideas? Comments?

So everywhere I turn I see an awesome hipster rocking one of these late 80's early 90's snapback caps with the same font... it's that script font with the city name in all caps Helvetica.

Here are some examples.

DSC08402.JPG

IMG_8285.JPG

img7408f.jpg

I'd like to know what font this is!

Any ideas? Comments?

damn I miss those things...at one point in time that was just about the only nfl/nba/nhl team hat style you could get for a 10 year period or so...by far the best looking one I ever saw was a black blackhawks version that had chicago in the the small font and the 'hawks in script...the "B" amd the "k" were huge but looked amazing scripted.

The best one's were made by the company called Starter, with their well-known green under-bills on each of their hats. Some classic hats out there and eBay has a whole bunch. I only have two, a purple Washington Huskies one that says Washington in gold, and a blue 90's Cavs one with an orange bill and green under-bill. Here is one like it without the orange bill.

140.jpg

Here are some other bad ass ones

140.jpg

140.jpg

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

They were actually made by Sports Specialties, not Starter.

Eveningnews Fancy is the closest font I've seen to the script they used.

One of the major hat companies, not sure if it was New Era or Zephyr or someone else, just started releasing new snapbacks with Eveningnews as the font actually. However Eveningnews is not the original script.

• 1 year later...

I am surprised nobody has seen this since the start of the NCAA Tournament, but Nike has resurrected their version of the snapback script. I have seen it more on T-shirts of MLB teams and I first saw UK wear them after the SEC Tournament. Don't have pics but here is the style number.

Look it up and see what you find.

Nike Team Sports 643 Vault Snapback

PersonDivided-2-1.png

I am surprised nobody has seen this since the start of the NCAA Tournament, but Nike has resurrected their version of the snapback script. I have seen it more on T-shirts of MLB teams and I first saw UK wear them after the SEC Tournament. Don't have pics but here is the style number.

66-43805-F.jpg

66-43805-F.jpg

That's a pretty sharp font. I like the look of it.

FsQiF2W.png

66-43805-F.jpg

That's a pretty sharp font. I like the look of it.

that's actually pretty bad, it's not the OG script. shoddy knockoff font

Archived