Buc's Pro-Combatized NFL

tBBP

Very nice series so far, which is to be expected of you. I especially like the Rams, Bengals and Saints so far, and the 'cloudy' helmet of the Seahawks (or at least I believe that was the intention) is clever as well. I may have to jump on this trend as well, although I started several NCAA concepts a while back using my own 'cut' but doing things similar to what pro combat does. I may try to finish some of those up and get them out there eventually, since so many people are doing NFL Pro Combat right now.

MegatronSig2.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steelers: That logo update is really sweet, and I love the subtle addition of gray and the diamondplate undersleeves.

Chiefs: I don't know if the fans would go for it, but that is a SICK looking concept! I like the updated logo, and the helmet and sleeve stripes are really cool.

Giants and Browns: Not much change, so not much to say, but that's a good thing. I'm glad you got rid of the red on the Giants road, though.

Oh yeah, and props for posting right at midnight!

I don't wanna comment on every one so far so I'll tell you my favorites are the Chiefs and the Steelers. I absolutley love what you did with the Chiefs and I've never seen it done before. And the logo update on the Steelers looks really sweet, overall a really nice job.

Thanks, fellas.

DP, your guess was right about the cloudy effect of the Seahawks' helmets. And mbannon, I didn't even notice that at first, but I did post right at midnight, didn't I? Talk about good timing.

More to follow at some point down the line...in the meantime, any other comments are welcome.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

like the unis. but the cowboys are not americas team. not even. change it to "lone star" or something. but no.

The Cowboys are "America's Team." That has been the team's nickname since the 70's. So it fits pretty well.

should it be though? that is the question.

That's like saying should Jacksonville keep their nickname as the Jaguars, since Jaguars don't exactly roam around in Florida... Dallas will always be known as America's team, end of story.

Yet more American fans HATE Dallas than love them. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

87Redskins.png

like the unis. but the cowboys are not americas team. not even. change it to "lone star" or something. but no.

The Cowboys are "America's Team." That has been the team's nickname since the 70's. So it fits pretty well.

should it be though? that is the question.

That's like saying should Jacksonville keep their nickname as the Jaguars, since Jaguars don't exactly roam around in Florida... Dallas will always be known as America's team, end of story.

Yet more American fans HATE Dallas than love them. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

The truth has been spoken.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Dallas is not "America's Team." That's bull :censored: invented by the team and always has been. They have never been the most popular team in the NFL.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dallas is not "America's Team." That's bull :censored: invented by the team and always has been. They have never been the most popular team in the NFL.

Are you serious? Type into google "Americas team" and look at the FIRST result...

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

How 'bout y'all debate that point in another thread, or via PM amongst yourselves?

KTHXBAI :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Are you serious? Type into google "Americas team" and look at the FIRST result...

Google is hardly an objective source. Also, that's mainly because the media forces the idea of the Cowboys being "America's team" onto us. They enforce that meme, no matter how false it is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time again...got a few more to toss out there.

------------------------------------------------------------

DENVER BRONCOS - every part of me wanted to do this concept in sepia and saffron...but in the end, I ended up going the predictable orange and blue route, except that I tried to find a more unique combination of the two colors--an almost warm-ish reddish orange, with a much brighter, lighter blue. Uniforms, like the 300 other Broncos concepts of late, follow the Cookie Gilchrist/Marlin Briscoe-era uniform sets. Here they are below:

DENbroncos_NPC.png

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - BrandNStudio...this one's for you, homeboi. B) For the rest of y'all, I got at him a lil' while back and mentioned I was stealing a previous idea of his for this concept. He gave me the go-ahead, so I went on with it. I originally wanted to find some way to incorporate brick red into this concept (being that the circle-dot on the Indy civic flag is that color, and as a sublte tie-in to the Brickyard 400, ran at the famed Indy Motor Speedway)...but in the end, and after polling several Colts fans around here as to whether they'd like a uniform update and/or additional colors, I stuck to the basic blue and white. I also wanted to work in some visual elements evocative of racing, since Indy is known for that (as well as Baltimore, where this team started); but that never came to pass. Now, to be sure, the logo shown below is a specialized version of a new branding identity I've had in the works for a while, and am still working on. (The idea for that, as well as the team motto, was originally BrandN's idea; I just built upon it.) Here's the visual of all that:

INDcolts_NPC.png

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - For reasons I can't even explain, I've always been a big fan of the "stripes, stripes, and more stripes" look of the Herman Edwards/Harold Carmichael/Ron Jaworski days; in fact, my first Eagles concept was based off that look, but done in the current colors. The same holds true for this one, with one exception: I followed my curiosity and stripped all the black out of it. (In my own opinion, it really does enhance the modified logo a good bit.) Check it out:

PHLeagles_NPC.png

ATLANTA FALCONS - alright Jay, Brave-bird, and you other Falcon fanatics out there...you been waiting on me to get to them "dirty birds" for a while...well here it go, just for y'all. ^_^ Some of you may remember a Falcons concept I did on here a little while ago (here's part one and part two of that set). Well, I took that and built on it...and went ahead and did with this what I wanted to do with that one: add the stylized numbers, which I feel fits the Falcons' identity much better. Also did a little stylized falcon wing treatment on the sleeves...see if you can catch it. In addition, I remember some of y'all mentioning that I should have added a litte bit more red trim to that revised logo I came up with; well, i didn't forget, and I did it here. All that said, here it is:

ATLfalcons_NPC.png

------------------------------------------------------------

I want to say that puts me at 18 of 32 teams done thus far. For those left, I'm still trying to look at some new identites I left unfinished long ago, so I can't say when I'll get to those. But I WILL get to those...I DO intend to finish this series on out. In the meantime, feel free to holla back at me about the new ones posted above...or about any of the previously posted ones. Much appreciated...and thanks in advance all.

~Buc

All of these look great, I really have no complaints. That Colts logo is pretty sweet, combining the city, horseshoe, and "horsepower." I like what you did with the Falcons, but you can't see the whole sleeve, so it's hard to tell what the design looks like. Maybe you could just post a graphic of the sleeve design.

Absolutely LOVE the Colts logo. That is major league right there. Really well done. I love the Falcons update as well, took the best from each and combined it for a logo that's better than what they have now for sure. Eagles... I would rather see a different green, but yours is all good.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Broncos: I really like the combination of eras, but I think the pant stripe should be reversed, so the blue is on the inside. I think it would flow better with the sleeves.

Colts: Love the dots on the striping, although they look a little similar to an idea I did a while back. I do like your version of it though. But I'm not sure about the numbers. They might be too bubbly for the Colts.

Eagles: Although I think the Eagles should go in a totally different direction, your concept is well done. Just not my cup of tea, though.

Falcons: Love the sleeves and red helmets, but the numbers look too much like the Bearcats for my tastes.

Hope that helps.

Giving this a little shameless "bump" for those who might have missed it...

Archived