Buc

Buc's Pro-Combatized NFL

Wow Buc the Falcons one is stupendous,I love how you mixed the old logo with the new one,great job.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - BrandNStudio...this one's for you, homeboi. B) For the rest of y'all, I got at him a lil' while back and mentioned I was stealing a previous idea of his for this concept. He gave me the go-ahead, so I went on with it. I originally wanted to find some way to incorporate brick red into this concept (being that the circle-dot on the Indy civic flag is that color, and as a sublte tie-in to the Brickyard 400, ran at the famed Indy Motor Speedway)...but in the end, and after polling several Colts fans around here as to whether they'd like a uniform update and/or additional colors, I stuck to the basic blue and white. I also wanted to work in some visual elements evocative of racing, since Indy is known for that (as well as Baltimore, where this team started); but that never came to pass. Now, to be sure, the logo shown below is a specialized version of a new branding identity I've had in the works for a while, and am still working on. (The idea for that, as well as the team motto, was originally BrandN's idea; I just built upon it.) Here's the visual of all that:

INDcolts_NPC.png

ive never been a big fan of royal blue, prefer navy but this concept looks really good. i love the horseshoe holes incorporated in all the stripes. very nice touch. your "horse power" logo looks way better then the one i did too; why didnt i think to put an "I" in there? lol, job well done

This latest bunch is amazing.

Denver - Only thing I don't like is the number font, which I've never been a fan of. Colors/logo match up perfectly.

Indianapolis - That logo just makes too much sense. The number font is perfect for a team that gets rid of the Standard Block and still stay 'classy.'

Philadelphia - Colors work great and design is simple, yet effective.

Atlanta - Absolutely love the number font. The close resemblance to the Bearcats' number font is a good thing for me. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who looked at this and immediately thought Brad Jones and Chazz Anderson. :P

Really well done stuff here as always buc.

Broncos - actually like the new colors a lot, they'd grow on me. design is pretty standard for these guys nowadays haha

Colts - Seen the dots thing done before but you pulled it off really well. Would've liked to see the red...

Eagles - wouldn't mind if they wore this, I think the gray may be a tad too light, start to lose it on the white. would be interesting to see it in kelly

Falcons - Love it all around, only gripe is the new logo, it just looks like the strokes were thinned out

want moar!

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - okay...this one might catch some folks by surprise. I got REAL ambitious with this one here, and yet still had to actually rein myself in on it; as such, it isn't 100% what I wanted to put out, but pretty daggone close. To start with, I'd been working for the longest time on a new direction for the Chiefs...and finally it all came together for me. You might note a bit more "western" flair, and an Iroquois influence, with this--the team IS called the "Chiefs", after all. That said, the helmet idea isn't mine; I got it from someone who posted a similar helmet concept on these parts some years ago. (You'll see what I did.) Kept the red and yellow...but added a new color I call "burnt black", which is actually a really dark brown. You might also notice the wampum belt pattern on the sleeves--wampum belts were originally worn/carried by the Iroquois people as a means of identifying oneself, telling stories, or sending messages amongst each other, via the symbols woven into the belts. Took a stab at a new arrowhead logo, as well. Check me out...

KCchiefs_NPC.png

This is most certainly ambitious. I like the uniform and the subtle "burnt black." What I don't like is the helmet and the new arrowhead logo. I think the sleekness of the current arrowhead lends itself nicely to a modern uniform. Now, I love insane helmets as much as the next guy (I started making that whole series of them), but this one's off-putting. The predominately red helmets are too gorgeous for me to part with, but using this as an alternate helmet, maybe, would be pretty sweet. The wampum belts are a very interesting concept. I could get behind that. It's unique.

Great number font, nice addition of a new color, and thanks for keeping the red and yellow, but that helmet makes me cringe. This thread rocks.

To be real with you, Chief--I'm still iffy on that helmet, myself. The idea looked great in my head...but the execution of it didn't come out as planned (but then, a lot of my stuff ends up that way). That said, the Chiefs concept was an idea I'd had for the longest time, but knew it would be a hard sell--I myself think the Chiefs have one of the top looks in the league.

@BrandN...glad you like what I was able to put out. It seemed none of the "cliche" references really played out as I had hoped...but, and you know this, after having spent a weekend camped out right by Lucas Oil, I was reminded of all the old factories and mills nearby--at which point all the rivet holes started to make all kinds of sense to me. At some point down the line, Imma look at arranging a full AI branding concept for your Colts. may serve me well, especially since it appears Imma be sticking around the Circle City for quite some time.

And again, thanks to everyone else who's chimed in thus far. I think I've got 12 teams left to go in this. And for some, I'm tryna come out of left field a little bit, but we'll see what comes out. In the meantime, feel free to continue the feedback on this here.

EDIT: actually...I lied. I got two more.

---------------------------------------------

BUFFALO BILLS - nothing new here. A while back, I did up a Bills concept in which I attempted to combine elements of all eras. Well, this is the PC version of that, to an extent. There's elements of the '70s and 80s-90s look in this. Really nothing groundbreaking, though. Here it is:

BUFbills_NPC.png

HOUSTON TEXANS - Back before the Texans as we know them took the field, a white helmet was pitched around as an idea. Well...I took that idea and ran with it. You'll notice a certain theme to this--that is, the two colored stripes featured throughout follow the lead of the team's logo. For some reason, I kept thinking Texas Longhorns while I was doing this...as such, you might pick out some elements of the Longhorns' uniforms in this set if you can understand the context. In any event, here's my stab at Houston's Texans...

HOUtexans_NPC.png

-------------------------------------------

So far, that's 21 of 32. Stay tuned.

~Buc

I like the Birds. I think the numbers fit very well.

...and while I'm posting here, I think your Bills and Texans concepts are good too. No ketchup uni for Houston? :P

As we all know, the Buffalo fans have Kay Stephenson to thank for the switch from white helmets to red, mainly to help the Bills QBs not throw so many picks at a time when the Pats, Colts and Fins all had white helmets.

As for your latest concepts, they're each solid in their own way.

Buc,I like most of these,but your Colts logo is very innapropriate.You'll see what I mean.

All this time and no Bucs? A bucs fan hasn't posted his bucs concept?! Odd. Can we get that one soon please?

All this time and no Bucs? A bucs fan hasn't posted his bucs concept?! Odd. Can we get that one soon please?

Oh it's coming, dude. Don't you even worry 'bout that. :P

Two great ones right there. Really nothing to change, I love the Bills, great way to combine eras, and the Texans is real nice (tossed around the idea of a white helmet for them myself). Looks a lot like Arizona Wildcats but that's not a bad thing.

These are pretty awesome. I want to give feedback on a few. The New Orleans Saints logo looks weird. I like the original one better. I'm not a fan of the Green Bay Packers concept as a home/away jersey, maybe an alternative. The Chicago Bears helmet looks awesome, the jersey is alright, less stripes would look better. Either arm stripes, or shoulder stripes, not both. The helmet for the San Diego Chargers is pretty sick. Great logo for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I think the Kansa City Chiefs have one of the coolest jerseys right now, but with that helmet it would be soo much cooler. The rest still look nice. Didn't stick to far out to me, but they are pretty solid designs. Good work.

Buc, great work as always. Reviewing the thread, realized I missed the thin white outline on the Rams' helmet horns. That would be a huge upgrade the team could accomplish tomorrow at basically no cost. I've wondered for years why they didn't do that to make the horns really pop.

The Denver concept is fantastic though I'm not sold on that shade of blue. Seems the Falcons set either needs a black helmet or red away pants, just looks better when the helmet and pants match, IMO. There's really too much to list as to things you bring into your concepts that make sense (adding the 'I' to the Colts' horseshoe) or that I just plain like ("nails" in the Colts' stripes).

One last suggestion...add "...'cause we're about to get slaughtered" to the Bills' slogan. Sorry Bills fans, just a sick joke I couldn't pass up. :D

Buc,I like most of these,but your Colts logo is very innapropriate.You'll see what I mean.

I think of it like a Rorscach test: ya see what ya wanna see.

That said, I like the idea of turning the logo into a power button.

Wow, this is some nice work Buc. So far I would say that the New York Jets, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, but mostly your Atlanta Falcons uniforms are the best. I like how with all those designs you didn't go over-the-top but still managed to make it unique, and I'd buy either of those Atlanta Falcons jerseys in a heartbeat. Sorry, BlueSky.

I still ain't figured this one out. Eh well.

MOVING ON...

Who wants more Pro Combat? Sure you do....

------------------------------------------------------------

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - One of several teams I've never done a concept for. The direction for this one was pretty simple. If any of you remember my Southern U&A&M concept from the HBCU Project, that was originally supposed to be a Jacksonville Jaguars concept...instead, I ended up turning it into a Southern Jaguars concept. Well...I turned it back around this time, sort of. Don't know how many of you remember this, but when the Jags first came out, they had beveled block numbers. Went back to those for this...just to do something different. Big key...emphasis on teal. Check it out...

JAXjaguars_NPC.png

TENNESSEE TITANS - I don't expect this one to go over too well with too many people--this was really more me throwing an idea at the wall and seeing if it would stick. Not much different from the currents...here it is:

TENtitans_NPC.png

MIAMI DOLPHINS - long ago I did a Dolphins concept logo based off the old stadium logo (LandShark, I think it was)...this is the PC version of that. I didn't see the need to get all fancy with this--but then, when your team colors are aqua and coral, is there really a need to? The colors are fancy enough on their own. Very avant-garde-ish here....

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

ARIZONA CARDINALS - On over to the desert. Made a little edit to the logo--to reflect pretty much every cardinal I've seen in real life. ^_^ The team's nickname is "Big Red", so I really wanted to highlight that here. Simple, basic--but with a few enhancements. See what I did down below...

AZcardinals_NPC.png

WASHINGTON REDSKINS - Again, not too difficult here. This one is a mash-up of different eras with just a hint of modernization to it. Most fans tend to prefer the Florida State-ish spear helmets, so I used that here (I prefer it myself, for obvious reasons), and also came up with a modified primary logo (you know, to get around that whole "controversy" thing :P ). Here it is:

WSHredskins_NPC.png

------------------------------------------------------------

So that's 27 out of 32 teams done...this project is winding on down to the end. I'm tryna finish this thing out with a bang, so ain't no telling when I'll get around to the last five. Just know that I "might" got a few tricks up my sleeve, a couple nice surprises planned. (Check back through and see what teams I haven't gotten to yet, if you want an early idea.) In the meantime, all C&C is welcome and appreciated...holla back atcha folk here.

~Buc

Though it is back a few weeks/pages, I must have missed it, but the Brown, Red, Yellow combo for Kansas City is perfect. The colors work well.

Not much too say for Buffalo, except that I don't like the number font. I just think the 2 by itself would look odd. I never liked that type of NFL Block.

Texans looks great. It's refreching to see a Pro Combat Texans cocnept without one red sleeve and one blue sleeve, and you didn't deviate too far from the their current jersey.

The Titans one has the perfect amount of red, and I love that contrast between the red and light blue. The only problem is the helmet: from the front you have red and light blue, from the sideview it shows Navy and light blue. I like the red one better though.

I love that Dolphins logo, and like you said, the jersey isn't too flashy, so I don't really have any comments on it.

The flag on the Cardinals jersey looks cool. And I like the emphasis on black rather than yellow.

I like everything about the Redskins concept. Like I said with the Colts, I'm gald you chose not to use a block font, but you chose a font that still looks 'classy' on a football jersey. I also like the one-color numbers.

As a Redskins fan, I see all these concepts that change up the main logo, and none of them work well. The W or R with a new style of feathers just dont work well. I know about the whole P.C. thing but it just doesn't work. And I'm not feeling the burnt yellowish color.