NFL Section MASSIVE update

SDFanBoy619

Some of you may already be noticing some changes in the NFL logos section. Chris has allowed me to take over the section in an effort to clean up, accurize and revamp the category. Seeing as the NFL is the most popular sport in the United States, it was a long time coming!

I am a professional graphic designer and die-hard football fan. I currently live and grew up in San Diego, so I have started with the original AFL teams because they are who I know best. The helmets, script and primary logos are all being gone through thoroughly for accuracy. Crappy, pixelated logos are being replaced with crisp, new vector versions where applicable. I am replacing the 3-D computer generated helmets with much-clearer, vector-based side-view versions. Older ones will also FINALLY be featured on older style Riddell helmets with 2-bar facemasks!

The memorial and most miscellaneous logos will be dropped, but stadium and anniversary logos will be cleaned up and redone where necessary.

Once I finish the original AFL teams, I will go through the entire AFC and then eventually the NFC. I will then go through the past teams (including many that aren't even on the website yet) and that should do it. This is a LOT of work obviously but I hope that within a year we will finally have a NFL section up-to-par and worthy of the website, much like Chris has done with the massive Hockey section. My screenname is "SDFanBoy619" so you'll see me post commentary too from time to time. ;)

-- Steve Cramsie

Does that include uniforms, because I was going to pick that back up this month.

Since I didn't know where the uniforms were coming from, I was going to ask Chris for the templates and finish them myself, haha... but if you have a good bearing on uniform history, then by all means continue updating them. As a Chargers fan (and knowing how popular their throwbacks are) I am anxious to see more than just their current three up there ;) I do have a flash site that a guy painstackingly created that shows all of the Chargers' uniforms (down to the smallest details and shades of powder blue) if you need it! Thanks

-- Steve

Where's the Jags new script font? That's been missing for two years..

I haven't gotten to the Jaguars yet. As a San Diego native and Charegrs fan, I am starting with the teams I know the best -- the original eight AFL teams. Once I finish those, I will complete the rest of the AFC (including the Jags) before hopping over to the NFC. You can help me out by emailing me this script that you speak of to eriebeachboy@aol.com. Thanks!

Where's the Jags new script font? That's been missing for two years..

Here's the official file:

JacksonvilleJaguars_WMK1_2009-9999.png

I've got pretty much all of the official NFL graphics back to '97 (and a whole lot more prior to then). I'll try to continue my RGB-optimized presentation of graphics in the near future.

Archived