NFL section - MASSIVE update

SDFanBoy619

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the updates so far have been top notch. Well done. I only have one request. Could we get a cleaner version of this logo?

I am mulling over that one (the 90's-era Chargers shield with horse) because I am not sure if it was officially released by the team or if it's just a fan creation. I do recall seeing it at the stadium, just doing more research at the moment. Fire me your email address and I will render it in Illustrator and send ya an EPS and PDF of it if you like.

-- Steve

All the updates so far have been top notch. Well done. I only have one request. Could we get a cleaner version of this logo?

I am mulling over that one (the 90's-era Chargers shield with horse) because I am not sure if it was officially released by the team or if it's just a fan creation. I do recall seeing it at the stadium, just doing more research at the moment. Fire me your email address and I will render it in Illustrator and send ya an EPS and PDF of it if you like.

-- Steve

Sounds good, thanks :)

That logo would be ok if there were the New England Manofthemountainpatriots.

All the more reason to use it, then. I think it's a tremendous logo, best the Patriots have (n)ever had. It takes the elements of the Flying Elvis--minuteman face, American flag--and makes them not suck. I can't wait to see the concepts roll in for this logo. What could've been.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

in addition to the one IC posted, i'm curious about these two chargers logos p33uvbn49z46qcrg4h5x.gifyw26b6l2oddew9zkxkc7.gif

were they official alternates by the team? Also is there any plans on cleaning them up with the correct colors?

I am debating on keeping them, all depends on what research shows. I probably will though, and yes.. like the rest of NFL section, they will be re-rendered from scratch in Illustrator to match the others.

-- Steve

in addition to the one IC posted, i'm curious about these two chargers logos p33uvbn49z46qcrg4h5x.gifyw26b6l2oddew9zkxkc7.gif

were they official alternates by the team? Also is there any plans on cleaning them up with the correct colors?

I am debating on keeping them, all depends on what research shows. I probably will though, and yes.. like the rest of NFL section, they will be re-rendered from scratch in Illustrator to match the others.

-- Steve

oh good. Love the project you're doing. These logos have needed to be cleaned up for a long time.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

-- Steve

The update looks great!

The community quarterback ones are kind of useless, but keep the memorial logos. The Bears' "GSH" is technically a memorial logo, and dropping that would be silly.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

IS THIS THE PATRIOTS LOGO THAT EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT

THE ONE THAT WAS BOOED ON THE FIELD

YOU'VE FOUND THE RAREST GEM

I never saw that logo before

My dad was at the game they unveiled that.

I've never seen/head of this before either. Did this occur the same year they switched to 'Elvis'?

6uXNWAo.png

I've never seen/head of this before either. Did this occur the same year they switched to 'Elvis'?

There was a game in the late '70s, early '80s where the Patriots did a fan survey regarding the replacement of Pat Patriot. They brought out this conceptual logo and the extant logo on, I dunno, bedsheets or something, and had the crowd cheer for the one they preferred. They overwhelmingly preferred crappy old Pat Patriot, and so it stuck around for years. Until now, nobody who told this story could ever supply the alternative, describing it only as "a strange sort of proto-Flying Elvis" or something to that effect. Clearly, this is that, and it's now quite apparent that that batch of Foxborough Stadium attendees were totally clueless, because this logo is awesome.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it awesome. Actually, yes - I am sure I wouldn't go that far. Regardless, it bears enough resemblance to Elvis that it's clear where the inspiration comes from. I'd say that the kid who posted on here that his brother or cousin or whatever designed Elvis and had it stolen is pretty much full of it.

EDIT: by "it" I mean crap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, as far as Patriots logos go, I think it's pretty awesome. Of course, I think Pat Patriot and Flying Elvis rank among the all-time worst NFL logos, and the latter also represents the most odious sports team of our lifetimes. So there's that. I had to pump up the old Boston Patriots' tricorner hat as their best logo because they've been so bereft of anything good.

And yes, this really punctures that one guy's claims of having drawn Flying Elvis. If I drew Flying Elvis, I'd shirk the credit off on someone else.

The community quarterback ones are kind of useless, but keep the memorial logos. The Bears' "GSH" is technically a memorial logo, and dropping that would be silly.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

IS THIS THE PATRIOTS LOGO THAT EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT

THE ONE THAT WAS BOOED ON THE FIELD

YOU'VE FOUND THE RAREST GEM

I never saw that logo before

My dad was at the game they unveiled that.

No, this was proposed in 1978. The "Flying Elvis" as you guys call it debuted in 1993.

This logo needs to be added to the site, as it is an official secondary logo for the Falcons.

atllogo.png

E-mail it to me. eriebeachboy@aol.com - I'll put it up. Vector if you have it, Illustrator CS2 ideally.

I have a vector in .svg on Inkscape if that would help.

Archived