Logolympiad: Event #1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since I dont live near the great lakes, I cant be a homer and make one for one of my hometown cities

so I went with a city that I visited last summer, that just happens to be on the great lakes

greatlakesbbq.gif

Im extremely proud of how this turned out. I will probably be touching it up before it goes to voting though

You stole my idea you putz! I was going to do Chicago and play off the Great Chicago Fire!

Oh well...I guess I can try something else. :D

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

I'm impressed with the turnout so far! I hope the other events are as popular.

Some quick food fest facts:

- The Taste of Buffalo is the 2nd largest food festival in the US. Over 2 days, it draws 500,000 people. Impressive, considering only 1.1 million live in the Buffalo metro area.

- It's dwarfed only by Chicago's 10-day event.

- The Great American Rib-Off in Cleveland is intensly flavorful. I highly reccommend it.

Also, Lake Erie is surprisingly clear, thanks to a zebra mussel infestation that has filtered most of the pollutants that contaminated the lake in the 70's & 80's. I still would not eat a steak that tasted like it, though.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

And out of curiosity, who lit the Torch at the opening ceremony?

No one. Officially, it was caused by lightning.

Oh, and since hockeyman pointed out a criteria violation, I'll comment...

While Salt Lake is, in fact, a lake, and from what I hear, pretty darn spiffy... it is by no means Great. Fortunately, the rules state you may make modifications to your designs until the deadline. So, SC... I'd suggest a change of venue.

Actually it is great.

Why?

Because they call it the GREAT Salt Lake! ;)

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

BBQFestivalLogo.gif

Now tell me that mugshot of a photo doesn't just scream "come to my BBQ, you'll have a blast!"

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Wow, some good stuff boys, im glad to see the competition will be stiff.

I really like what evan, shark/sean, and especially starbury are doin.

Well done fellas, cant wait to get mine up!!

Ps, for those who load thier flag, dont remote link from WiB's site, geocities will get lagged down, if you want i can put it on my angelfire account, and give you the URL, just PM me.

I know 99% of u know this, just for those who dont

Sugar Honey Ice Tea!!! My damn computer has been down, but I'll try to throw one together for the deadline.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Here's mine. I did the Detroit skyline, took me forever to draw it out.

Chicago would have been SO much better to draw out!

bbqlogo.gif

What do ya think? :D

I'm waiting for the Cleveland version of this one... We can hold it right on the banks of the fiery Cuyahoga River! :P

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

While Salt Lake is, in fact, a lake, and from what I hear, pretty darn spiffy... it is by no means Great.

By your standards it may not be. The word "great" can mean many different things, one of which is this......."Very large in size". Now if you mean to tell me that you can look at the Great Salt Lake on a map and say that it isn't large then you're crazy!

BBQFestivalLogo.gif

Now tell me that mugshot of a photo doesn't just scream "come to my BBQ, you'll have a blast!"

Simply amazing! I'd go to that Bar-B-Q just because of the logo!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

By your standards it may not be. The word "great" can mean many different things, one of which is this......."Very large in size". Now if you mean to tell me that you can look at the Great Salt Lake on a map and say that it isn't large then you're crazy!

Pedantic much?

Great Lakes.

HOMES.

Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior.

That's it. No more.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived