Logolympiad: Event #1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By your standards it may not be. The word "great" can mean many different things, one of which is this......."Very large in size". Now if you mean to tell me that you can look at the Great Salt Lake on a map and say that it isn't large then you're crazy!

[throws geography book] FOR THE LAST TIME....We're not debating the size or quality of Spiffy Salt Lake! It's not one of The Great Lakes (proper name).

If you want it included, I suggest you grab a shovel and a filter. You have until Monday afternon to make it freshwater and get it to empty into the St.Lawrence Seaway. [/picks up book]

Oh, MilTown... the rules only allow one sponsor logo. Nice work though!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

That's a shame about MilTown's, 'cause that looks like a real advertisement for such an event.

(I've got an idea, for sure; I'm hoping I can find some time to work on it before the deadline.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You guys ALL have out done yourselves! I'm feeling like my logo isn't even in the same league as yours.

I hate bein a rookie! :(

Hey, Sean...no worries about being a rookie. Hell, I'm going to throw my hat in here as well, and I'm a rookie as well. Don't think of it as being out of their league, but, instead just as a guide.

Keep trying (like I will myself) and you'll only improve (as I hope to). I figure you will, but discouragement can be a weight on anyone's shoulders, so I thought I'd throw my two cents in if it was needed.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Ahhh crap... I should've reread the rules before I started on my entry.

And that's not the only rule I broke... notice my typo on the year. I should've just went to bed.

But still, I'm glad to hear I created something that could pass for being real...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Ahhh crap... I should've reread the rules before I started on my entry.

And that's not the only rule I broke... notice my typo on the year. I should've just went to bed.

But still, I'm glad to hear I created something that could pass for being real...

Fortunately, there's still plenty of time to fix it.

My first entry into anything and it's during the Logolympiad. What was I thinking? :D I did mine as a flyer, mainly to keep the front uncluttered and to add to the 'touring' prop I put in there. I saw it said ONE exsisting company for sponsorship, but with something of this magnitude, I just felt it needed more. If it's a problem, I'll change it. Hopefully y'all like it.

FrontEvent1.jpg

BackEvent1back.jpg

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Ok. Don't laugh. My busy schedule JUST happened to fall during the next few weeks, so my work in the Olympics won't be my best, but I just whipped this up tonight.

***LINK***: http://www.geocities.com/brassbonanza497/LogoOlympics1.JPG

I too agree with Vicfurth that the cartoonish-type logo does run in these kind of events, plus I added the Milwaukee Skyline.

Yes, I know this is horrible, and hopefully I can make better ones for the upcoming events. Hopefully jersey events will come into play, because that's my speciallty.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Ok. Don't laugh. My busy schedule JUST happened to fall during the next few weeks, so my work in the Olympics won't be my best, but I just whipped this up tonight.

***LINK***: http://www.geocities.com/brassbonanza497/LogoOlympics1.JPG

I too agree with Vicfurth that the cartoonish-type logo does run in these kind of events, plus I added the Milwaukee Skyline.

Yes, I know this is horrible, and hopefully I can make better ones for the upcoming events. Hopefully jersey events will come into play, because that's my speciallty.

Not bad, not bad at all! I can see that your work is progressing quite well.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Don't make fun, y'all. I know it's very texty, but I felt like this should be a sort of flyer kind of thing. Also, I think I did it in French. Note the THINK because I don't know any French and I'm not sure about the reliability of the translations I got. Anywho, I hope you all enjoy and would like to say that I'm loving every single concept I've seen so far on this thread. Props to WiB for creating such an awesome event.

bbqfest.gif

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

whats up with all the clip-art??...i thought this was supposed to be a design contest. meaning we design the logo, not get some clip art and put text next to it. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

EDIT after re-looking though the thread, there isnt as much as i had thought. maybe i am overreacting? :blink:

Hey don't look at me - I drew that Detroit skyline BY hand. Basically I looked at a picture and drew it from there.

No clip-art used.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

My first entry into anything and it's during the Logolympiad. What was I thinking? :D I did mine as a flyer, mainly to keep the front uncluttered and to add to the 'touring' prop I put in there. I saw it said ONE exsisting company for sponsorship, but with something of this magnitude, I just felt it needed more. If it's a problem, I'll change it. Hopefully y'all like it.

It's a really nice flyer, but you may want to make some changes.

You have to remember that you'll be judged on logo design. Including a city, date and sponsor was just a way to add a touch of realism. All the extras you included on the back, while well-done, really aren't adding anything.

In fact, when I move your image over to the voting thread, I would only include the "front".

Archived