Logolympiad: Event #1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats up with all the clip-art??...i thought this was supposed to be a design contest. meaning we design the logo, not get some clip art and put text next to it.  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

EDIT after re-looking though the thread, there isnt as much as i had thought. maybe i am overreacting?  :blink:

Hey don't look at me - I drew that Detroit skyline BY hand. Basically I looked at a picture and drew it from there.

No clip-art used.

i didnt name anyone, its not a big deal, you've got a nice logo there. B)

This first event in the LOGOLYMPIAD is shaping up to be quite a battle. It's an auspicious start for the games.

We're off to a huge start!

I was worried about having a non-sports category as the first event. To think, the others are better... I tried to pick stuff that hasn't been done before.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Here's my entry...

glbbq.gif

I just noticed the pink part of the steak is an outline of the great lakes... niiice.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Here's mine... took me a while cause I saw the great entries and got overwhelmed... so I tried to make the BEST one I could. So... here it is!

logolympiad1.gif

I liked how it turned out very much.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Well being the horrible homer i am, i went with Duluth, Minnesota. I tried to incororate, of course Lake Superior, but both literal and symbolic landmarks of Duluth.

The Bridge is a literal copy of the famous bridge in Duluth, which's name I cant remember at 4:00 in the morning.

Picture of Bridge and Modernized Downtown

The Factory shaped like a Ocean Liner is a symbolic homage to the shipping industry, while the distinct double water tower symbolized the unique old-towne feel of old duluth. The modern building symbolizes the new downtown, and then obviously the park is the national park.

The saying comes from me getting into advertising (save rude comments :D ) and my annoying need for a catchy phrase to associate with.

The color sheme, since this is a sports logo board, is derived fromt the University of Minnesota-Duluth

Its not too fancy, just tried to play with irony of the lake being the grill, and went from there. As i read the newer posts, i see others have done similar things, but this was derived by my own, and all similarities are purely coincidental.

ok sean, shut up and show the logo...

Greatlakes_TajMcCall.jpg

bbq04.gif

As my dad would say:

"That ain't nothin' but Yankee propaganda!"

It might be Eddie, but any barbecue held the fourth of July weekend is going to have nothing but Stars and Stripes all over it....

And when was the last time a new Canadian Sports franchise released a logo without a Maple Leaf incorporated? B)

(Strangely enough, I also picked Duluth. Sorry to step on any toes there, i have been working on this concept over the week, between other things, so I really had no idea you were using it.)

The PNM team steps to the starting blocks, and delivers the following.

The pictures below are to demonstrate that this design meets the hallmark of any event logo - Looking good embroidered on a polo!

Enjoy - and let me know what you think!

greatlakes-bbq_pnm.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well being the horrible homer i am, i went with Duluth, Minnesota. I tried to incororate, of course Lake Superior, but both literal and symbolic landmarks of Duluth.

The Bridge is a literal copy of the famous bridge in Duluth, which's name I cant remember at 4:00 in the morning.

Picture of Bridge and Modernized Downtown

The Factory shaped like a Ocean Liner is a symbolic homage to the shipping industry, while the distinct double water tower symbolized the unique old-towne feel of old duluth. The modern building symbolizes the new downtown, and then obviously the park is the national park.

The saying comes from me getting into advertising (save rude comments :D ) and my annoying need for a catchy phrase to associate with.

The color sheme, since this is a sports logo board, is derived fromt the University of Minnesota-Duluth

Its not too fancy, just tried to play with irony of the lake being the grill, and went from there. As i read the newer posts, i see others have done similar things, but this was derived by my own, and all similarities are purely coincidental.

ok sean, shut up and show the logo...

Greatlakes_TajMcCall.jpg

Very nice work, Taj. But I can't help but feel a little let down by the omission of the Geno's Pizza factory in your logo. :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I havent the foggiest what that means, but thanks for the compliments Lee!

Somewhere on the lake, there (I guess it's past tense now) used to be the Geno's Pizza factory, check with your folks. Geno's used to be a fairly popular regional frozen pizza line, no idea if they're still around.

It's one of my earliest memories of Duluth from when I was a young'un.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Somewhere on the lake, there (I guess it's past tense now) used to be the Geno's Pizza factory, check with your folks. Geno's used to be a fairly popular regional frozen pizza line, no idea if they're still around.

i believe it's Totino's now.....i used to devour Geno's Pizza Rolls.

i believe it's Totino's now.....i used to devour Geno's Pizza Rolls.

I think you're right. I grew up in north-central Minnesota and also remember Geno's, Totinos whatever they are. But i don't think it's a regional thing. I'm pretty sure it's all around.

Guess we're a tad off-topic.

So, back on: Great concepts so far. I'm diggin' this Logoolympiad stuff.

Archived