University of Michigan (Wolverine logo)

JJSCOTT

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Hey JJ -

First-off, I know this is a *wicked* 'grave-dig'.. :) But, came across this thread, while doing a 'Google search' for a UM Wolverines logo.. Are you still 'around these parts'? ;) Lemme know - if-so, please reply here, and I wanna ask about 'where your logo went', if-anywhere.. We're working directly with the Athletics Dept. on a large-game coming-up, and wanna-discuss possible 'use' of your graphics in a, heh - pretty cool 'format' - Lasers. :P ...But, obviously, I cannot make *any* assumptions (on any-side..) and so, I think the first-step is talk to the Designer. :)

FWIW, I have been a art-director / graphic designer for 26 yrs, (have seen a 'few logos, in-passing'.. ;) and you've done an awesome job! Really-nice.. So, hope you 'get this message', asap..

Thanks, and cheers..

J

This is one of the better threads to ever grace he CCSLC

Amen - this logo just Rocks! I love how the project came together - you do great work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hey JJ -

First-off, I know this is a *wicked* 'grave-dig'.. :) But, came across this thread, while doing a 'Google search' for a UM Wolverines logo.. Are you still 'around these parts'? ;) Lemme know - if-so, please reply here, and I wanna ask about 'where your logo went', if-anywhere.. We're working directly with the Athletics Dept. on a large-game coming-up, and wanna-discuss possible 'use' of your graphics in a, heh - pretty cool 'format' - Lasers. :P ...But, obviously, I cannot make *any* assumptions (on any-side..) and so, I think the first-step is talk to the Designer. :)

FWIW, I have been a art-director / graphic designer for 26 yrs, (have seen a 'few logos, in-passing'.. ;) and you've done an awesome job! Really-nice.. So, hope you 'get this message', asap..

Thanks, and cheers..

J

Do mean by "we're" as in Adidas? And I hope you do come to a agreement because I love this logo

Go Blue!!

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Yeah, just to be-clear - we're not 'representing', nor-commenting / posting 'on-behalf of the U', just.. we're doing some work for them, and.. we'd Love it if - somehow - JJ's killer-design could get used for it.. Now, neither He, nor we, have the 'ultimate-say', but.. We're sure interested in 'trying to make a case'! :) First thing, JJ and we will discuss / see how he would like to 'handle' presentation of the idea of using it, to be sure His rights / designs / concepts, etc are protected. Then, we can see if / what the U has to say.. Like he says, ^ - 'we'll see'.. but, we're solidly on the 'cheerleading squad'.. :) Stay tuned..

cheers..

seems like the far right is by far the more favored so I focused on reworking that one with some of the suggestions... here are 2 one a lil more plain and one with more highlights

what do you all think?

wolverine2.png

wolverine1.pngReally like this! I actually think the face is perfect. There are too many things growling now and days, this has a great mix of cartoon mascot and intensity. Good Job sir!

Archived