Toronto Argonauts seeking fan input

paulwoods13

I prefer the classic Joe Theisman A logo myself. However as a born and bred Hamilton fan I am obligated to add just one " Argos Suuuuuuck ". My apologies it's required of all TiCat fans. Jason shield is too cartoony for me. Oskee Wee Wee.

Agreed.

hamilton2.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely agree with everything that's been said about how the Jason Shield should be brought back in double blue. But it would also make me happy to see a modernized football/boat logo return as the secondary logo.

PRIMARY:

JASON50.png

Secondary: (pick one)

BOATGREY50.png

OR

BOAT50.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Make the boat stand alone (no circle/crazy inner waves) and make the boat navy instead of black. Like this:

NewBoat.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

2007.924.1.1.jpg

I wish more football uniforms used big shoulder logos. They're such a dynamic way to display your logo. I love the Jason logo and the recolored version with more light blue is perfect. That's what they need to be using.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The ball-boat is way to corny. Maybe for an indoor or arena team, but not for a top-tier (at least in CA) team.

Jason-sheld is pretty good, so is the current A. Not sure why they don't have any "T" logos though.

Like many Americans, I never heard of this team until they somehow signed Rocket Ismail out of nowhere, when he was all but set to go to Dallas. I bought a lot of CFL cards that year to get as many Ismails as I could. That worked out juuuuuust great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Make the boat stand alone (no circle/crazy inner waves) and make the boat navy instead of black. Like this:

NewBoat.png

Another winning effort, nash61. I have posted it on the Friends of the Argonauts forum, which I know team officials watch. The only issue is I don't know how it would work on a dar blue helmet, since the ball is dark blue and there is no border. Maybe they should consider going back to light blue helmets, something they haven't worn since the early 1960s.

Another winning effort, nash61. I have posted it on the Friends of the Argonauts forum, which I know team officials watch. The only issue is I don't know how it would work on a dar blue helmet, since the ball is dark blue and there is no border. Maybe they should consider going back to light blue helmets, something they haven't worn since the early 1960s.

I just recoloured that one. Full credit to mightynine for the sweet logo.

As for the helmet, the Jason logo is still a must. The boat would be on the shoulders.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I just recoloured that one. Full credit to mightynine for the sweet logo.

As for the helmet, the Jason logo is still a must. The boat would be on the shoulders.

Just for the record, unless mightynine did some tweaking that's not evident to me, the logo he posted (and which you nicely adapted) is an actual team secondary logo from 1994.

There's a rarely-used Argo logo that I found in the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) database. It's from the same era - mid-to-late 1990s - as the "Jason-Shield" mark. It features the ship Argo sailing straight towards the viewer, its mainsail emblazoned with a Maple Leaf. Three oars extend on either side of the ship, the bow of which is cutting through the water. A rather nondescript "TORONTO ARGONAUTS" wordmark - the worst part of the logo - is situated at the bottom of the logo.

Link?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

2007.924.1.1.jpg

I wish more football uniforms used big shoulder logos. They're such a dynamic way to display your logo. I love the Jason logo and the recolored version with more light blue is perfect. That's what they need to be using.

Ho-Ho-rrendous

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Here's a rarely-used Argo logo that I found in the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) database. It's from the same era - mid-to-late 1990s - as the "Jason-Shield" mark. Minus the wordmark, I think it would make a great sleeve logo and the "Jason-Shield" mark could go on the helmets.

0774143.gif

Way better than the ball boat logo. Some slight mods and this could be a very good secondary. Still prefer A-circle or shield tho.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's a rarely-used Argo logo that I found in the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) database. It's from the same era - mid-to-late 1990s - as the "Jason-Shield" mark. Minus the wordmark, I think it would make a great sleeve logo and the "Jason-Shield" mark could go on the helmets.

0774143.gif

Good find. That's the one some of us were looking for. It looks better in colour, obviously. I have it on team letterhead somewhere and will try to find it. I don't like it nearly as much as the 1977-88 boat logo or the revamped Jason/Shield logo nash61 made. I wouldn't mind it as a tertiary logo although I really dislike the ARGOS script.

I never got the love for the boat. It was a terribly corny mark.

In all fairness, you are a Ti-Cats fan, you're programmed to hate everything Argos, lol.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived