Toronto Argonauts seeking fan input

paulwoods13

I never got the love for the boat. It was a terribly corny mark.

In all fairness, you are a Canadian Football fan, you're programmed to hate everything Argos, lol.

Fixed your post.

lol....well played sir.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NewBoat.png

That one I would think is a good fit.. I'd love to see that one come back for sure.. as for the Jason shield, hmm I dunno if it is too futuristic or so... oh well.. either way, but I would like that boat logo to return for good...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Pretty well any of nash61's designs do it for me. I like the 1977 boat logo but I realize that a generation has passed since it ceased being used and it's probably a shame to get rid of the 1995 Jason logo which is a good one and is widely recognized.

The As are too generic and really should be left in the past. The 1995 boat logo was used half-heartedly for a year or so after it came out and is best left on the dustpile of history.

Frankly, the biggest improvement to the Argonauts' look that could be made was already done when they got rid of the awful blue-and-teal and went back to being double blue again. But yeah, the double-blue Jason logo has my vote.

Just for the record, unless mightynine did some tweaking that's not evident to me, the logo he posted (and which you nicely adapted) is an actual team secondary logo from 1994.

Correct. I took that straight from the Argos' website.

Wow, I just realized that it's actually on the Argos page on CCSL. I guess I didn't scroll down enough.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't see the Argo boat as "corny" but classic. It works by combining the Argonaut saga into a football theme, yeah, that's obvious but its a clever, appealing logo. I prefer the "Jason Shield" logo, but the football ship is pretty cool.

FsQiF2W.png

I don't see the Argo boat as "corny" but classic. It works by combining the Argonaut saga into a football theme, yeah, that's obvious but its a clever, appealing logo. I prefer the "Jason Shield" logo, but the football ship is pretty cool.

Agreed.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived