NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I see the Texans red alternates on the schedule. I hope they don't wear the red pants with them.

I love the all red look. Either all read or none at all.

do the public school systems know about this???

bahahahaha

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Yes the rumor is true...

The Cowboys are indeed going with the their special "Sunday Night" ensemble....

White jersey's with royal blue numbers with silver/green drawers.

I hear that next week, they might break out their throwback silver/green bloomers. Care to confirm?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yes the rumor is true...

No "britches" this week?

No, but they will still wear the white "jersey's" or "jersey is". I am still trying to figure out what the white jersey is.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes the rumor is true...

The ones with the slick black outlines on the sleeve stripes?? Glorious!

6uXNWAo.png

So far I see the Texans red alternates on the schedule. I hope they don't wear the red pants with them.

I love the all red look. Either all read or none at all.

do the public school systems know about this???

They know and they told me to quit taking Vicodin and Percocet at the same time.

spacer.png

This thread is a hot mess.

Anyways, am I the only one who would want to see the Texans wear the red jerseys with blue pants?

No, you aren't. I'm on board for navy helmet/red jersey/navy pants/red socks. For purposes of illustration, let's take a look at the 1974 WFL Florida Blazers:

image024.jpg

Reamon_Tommy_FloridaWFL.jpg

I'd also fully endorse the navy jersey with red pants and navy socks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd be on board with almost any combo other than mono-red, but according to the Texans site, mono-red is what we're getting: http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/uniform-combinations.html

Bucs Pewter/White/Pewter and Redskins Burdgundy/Burgundy/Gold could be a game of the week if those are the combos they go with.

BTW, does not apply for this week but The Eagles have a habit of sometimes wearng white at home when the Cowboys visit(though maybe not this late io\n the year) - is there a chance we may just see those navy Cowboys jerseys in Week 17?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I'd be on board with almost any combo other than mono-red, but according to the Texans site, mono-red is what we're getting: http://www.houstonte...mbinations.html

Bucs Pewter/White/Pewter and Redskins Burdgundy/Burgundy/Gold could be a game of the week if those are the combos they go with.

BTW, does not apply for this week but The Eagles have a habit of sometimes wearng white at home when the Cowboys visit(though maybe not this late io\n the year) - is there a chance we may just see those navy Cowboys jerseys in Week 17?

The Eagles haven't done that in a long time. They played Dallas for a playoff spot in week 17 two years ago and wore green, so I would expect the same.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teams have to declare which jersey they will wear for each home game before the season starts (although inexplicably they can mix and match the pants at any time). If the Eagles were to decide to wear green now the Cowboys would have to approve the change, and I don't think they would. It was a big story in the preseason when it was announced the Cowboys would wear white every game this season for the first time in nearly 40 years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd be on board with almost any combo other than mono-red, but according to the Texans site, mono-red is what we're getting: http://www.houstonte...mbinations.html

The Eagles haven't done that in a long time. They played Dallas for a playoff spot in week 17 two years ago and wore green, so I would expect the same.

I guess it's a matter of perception that it's been a long time, they did it in 2007 and 2006 for sure, though I'll be first to admit I didn't see the '08 and '09 games in Philly. Too bad, would have been nice to see,

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Teams have to declare which jersey they will wear for each home game before the season starts (although inexplicably they can mix and match the pants at any time). If the Eagles were to decide to wear green now the Cowboys would have to approve the change, and I don't think they would. It was a big story in the preseason when it was announced the Cowboys would wear white every game this season for the first time in nearly 40 years.

I knew that they have to decide the jerseys, didn't know about their announcement(shame, I know). But did you mean to see if the Eagles decide to wear WHITE now the Cowboys would have to approve the change? That's the only way those statements all add up.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

I guess it's a matter of perception that it's been a long time, they did it in 2007 and 2006 for sure, though I'll be first to admit I didn't see the '08 and '09 games in Philly. Too bad, would have been nice to see,

I agree that 2007 isn't that long ago. I didn't think they did it that year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I knew that they have to decide the jerseys, didn't know about their announcement(shame, I know). But did you mean to see if the Eagles decide to wear WHITE now the Cowboys would have to approve the change? That's the only way those statements all add up.

I don't believe he meant that .... what I believe he meant was that all teams had to declare whether they'd wear their colored or white jersey for each of their home games BEFORE the start of the regular season. Hence, it's long been set in stone.

Yes, sorry. The Eagles said before the season that they would wear green for this game. If they decide to wear white at this point, the Cowboys have to approve of the jersey change.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived