Comedy Central Debuts New Logo

AJM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate TBS's slogan, so I nate that idea, if you're channel is funny you dont need a slogan telling me it. Also more often then not the show's on tbs (especially the one's tbs started themselves) are anything but "very funny", really seinfeld repeats and conan I can see.

Am I the only one here that's noticed that Comedy Central is joining the trend of companies going to uber-bland and/or text-heavy logos? Compare:

Comedy Central:

COMEDYCENTRAL.jpg

The Gap: (botched)

gap-new-logo.jpg

Animal Planet:

Animal-planet-logo.jpg

Seattle's Best Coffee:

Fullscreen%20capture%205132010%2025624%20PM.jpg

Also, could these guys take issue with the new Comedy Central logo? Even the C's in the middle are the same (or very close to it).

While it wasn't downright awesome, the old Comedy Central (with the planet and the tower) certainly was identifiable.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Just another compare & contrast between Comcast's logo and Comedy Central's new logos:

Comedy Central:

COMEDYCENTRAL.jpg

Comcast:

Comcast_logo.jpg

Other bland logo changes:

Sears:

New-Sears-logo_blue-300x95.png

Tropicana:

logo_tropicana.jpg

Nickelodeon. Of course, both Nickelodeon and Comedy Central are both Viacom enterprises; when about 75% of most Viacom channels resort to Reality TV to fill time, you know that there isn't much thought put into anything at Viacom's headquarters.

It seems as though no thought is being put into many new logo designs; they all seem unrecognizable anymore. That Comedy Central font looks an awful lot like Cartoon Network's logo, as well.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

An idea I had that keeps that minimalist look they apparently want, but making it a little more unique:

Comedy-central.png

Yeah, the tag-line is sorta similar to TBS, but it's just an idea.

Not bad! I don't hate what they went with, but this would definitely be an upgrade. Maybe use "infinite hilarity" so it's not so close to the TBS slogan?

I had an idea of using the comedy half of the comedy/tragedy masks, but replacing the eyes with a pair of c's. I may noodle around with it when I get a minute.

An idea I had that keeps that minimalist look they apparently want, but making it a little more unique:

Comedy-central.png

The logo is good, the tagline could be better. Maybe something like:

Comedy Central: Funnier than Central Park.

Comedy Central: Need we say more?

Comedy Central: Funny begins before 11:30.

Comedy Central: Law & Order edition.

Comedy-central.png

I think you mean "Hoobastank: Infinitely Funny"

1101_hoobastank_d.jpg

hollywoodp.jpg

Comedy-central.png

The logo is good, the tagline could be better. Maybe something like:

Comedy Central: Funnier than Central Park.

Comedy Central: Need we say more?

Comedy Central: Funny begins before 11:30.

Comedy Central: Law & Order edition.

Comedy Central. We've upped our standards. Up yours.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

As messy/busy as the original two Comedy Central logos were, at least they felt whimsical--which is what you want your logo and branding to be if you're an all-comedy network. The new logo is so bland and corporate, it's not even funny (pardon the expression); it's as if Viacom wants to diminish the network's raison d'être.

Give credit to The Comedy Network in Canada; they have a logo that is both simple AND whimsical. If Viacom wanted a new logo for Comedy Central, they should have mirrored The Comedy Network's approach.

i cant believe they've done this. this is the 2nd worst logo ive seen this year. a logo dosnt have to be literal but it should communicate a message and this couldnt be more robotic and lifeless. it instantly looks like the copyright symbol. their, i will say "current", logo is so perfect for their brand.

comedycentral.jpg

its simple and well crafted. but more importantly communicates what they're about. it has this cartoony, wacky style which goes with their humor. the typography is serious and bold enough though that it dosnt disappear or lean towards any trends. of course, you'd think of a large city as far as night clubs, but also that the "comedy city" stretches all over the world. my favorite part is the color choice, blue and yellow suggesting the audience is up late at night tuning in. i know i prefer CC in the early hours of the morning.

this new logo couldnt be more opposite. forget about "maybe it will look better in context" this thing has no personality at all. which means it totaly lacks any creativity. oh yea i see the 2 C's, thats really cute. CC failed miserably with this

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived