Post Your Jersey Collections

Revis-Island

I love looking at all your collections. Very nice. I was in a few pages back, but I updated a ton of photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/56898341@N07/ of jerseys, hats, replicas, authentics, etc. I tried to take closeups of special patches (Winter Classic, Cowboys Double Star).

Question for collectors...I leave the tags on the authentics. Is this a good move or doesn't matter? I rarely wear them, if at all (maybe to like a movie or something for an hour or so. I just tuck the tags in). I don't want to run the risk of stains, etc.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how you won't wear snapbacks but you'll be one of those d-bags who leaves the stickers on their hats.

And don't say that it's to grab the brim without getting it dirty I hate when people try to act like that's why they leave the stickers on.

I've left the stickers (used to be price stickers or whatever "officially licensed" sticker/hologram) on hats ever since I can remember. I didn't get into 5950s until 2007 or so, but all the Franchise type hats I've worn since middle school, I left the sticker on. Not to get all hipster about things, but it's just something I've always done. Not following a trend. And when the sticker falls off, as you can see in a few of the more worn ones, it just stays off.

I don't care what other people wear - snapbacks, fitted, sticker, no sticker, whatever. I just wish the snapback fad would go away because there are a lot of cool hats I'd like to have that I can only find in snapback.

That's the only reason I where snapbacks.... They are better than velcro backs though haha

Let's see...all are baseball, half replica, half authentic

American League

Yankees road BP (2011 ver.)

Rays home

Blue Jays Canada Day alt (2012 ver.)

White Sox pinstripe home

White Sox black alt

Royals powder blue alt (2008 ver.)

Twins home navy alt (2010 ver.)

Angels sleeveless alt

Athletics BP (2003-06 ver.)

Mariners BP (2003-06 ver.)

Mariners teal alt (2011 ver.)

Rangers home

National League

Marlins pinstripe home (2003 ver.)

Marlins black alt (2012 ver.)

Expos pinstripe home

Nationals home (2005 ver.)

Nationals road (2005 ver.)

Astros tequila sunrise home

Diamondbacks sedona red alt

Rockies road pinstripe

Padres camo alt (2011 ver.)

I am about to obtain a kids XL of the black Saints Brees jersey. With me tipping the scales at about 180 lbs, it fits pretty well. Honestly, I really prefer the cuts of the Nike jersey over the Reebok or the previous models only because the Nike jersey fits like a shirt should and not like a dress...but that is my opinion on that issue.

I am about to obtain a kids XL of the black Saints Brees jersey. With me tipping the scales at about 180 lbs, it fits pretty well. Honestly, I really prefer the cuts of the Nike jersey over the Reebok or the previous models only because the Nike jersey fits like a shirt should and not like a dress...but that is my opinion on that issue.

:shocked:

I'm 185, and I fit an ADULT XL (Granted, I'm also 6'5")

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

:shocked:

I'm 185, and I fit an ADULT XL (Granted, I'm also 6'5")

Well, I'm not super tall either. I'm about 5'5" or so...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't have pictures of my full collection up yet I do have a few odds and ends in my photobucket, I'll leave the link at the end of the post. Here are my newest additions:

Rangers alternate authentic, has the 85th anniversary patch and honored numbers inside the rear hem.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

And my Devil Rays collection. Both jerseys are Russell authentics. The white has the inaugural season patch and the black is the unused prototype with the rainbow stripes on the one sleeve hem.

IMG_0240.jpg

My Jerseys (so far)

Well I don't have pictures of my full collection up yet I do have a few odds and ends in my photobucket, I'll leave the link at the end of the post. Here are my newest additions:

Rangers alternate authentic, has the 85th anniversary patch and honored numbers inside the rear hem.

And my Devil Rays collection. Both jerseys are Russell authentics. The white has the inaugural season patch and the black is the unused prototype with the rainbow stripes on the one sleeve hem.

My Jerseys (so far)

Both of these jerseys look absolutely spectacular, nothing beats the real deal! The Devil Rays inaugural look is the best in their history and it boggles my mind how people can ridicule it. The colorful logos on plain black and white jerseys is genius. It's sad to see what that identity has come to today...

My Jerseys (so far)

Both of these jerseys look absolutely spectacular, nothing beats the real deal! The Devil Rays inaugural look is the best in their history and it boggles my mind how people can ridicule it. The colorful logos on plain black and white jerseys is genius. It's sad to see what that identity has come to today...

Agreed 100% on the Rays identity. Maybe a few things could be toned down or altered but I'd much rather have that over the current look. (Which I don't hate but certainly doesn't stand out.) And the possibility of rainbow plaid...

As for the jerseys, I've never seen the gradient stitched quite like how it is on these. It almost has a color changing effect in person. Hard to describe but definitely unique.

Finished redoing my NFL Man Cave to have all 80s versions of the NFL jerseys, moved the current ones my office.

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

What it used to look like until this summer....

That is amazing, man.

Thanks, I forgot to post the other wall w/ the beanies from the 80s sears catalog and the AFC Central pennants. It's updated now.

Finished redoing my NFL Man Cave to have all 80s versions of the NFL jerseys, moved the current ones my office.

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

Proof that the 80s were the best years for football uniforms.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

@ Fresno St. Alum:

It might just be the angle, but your Browns jersey looks like a knock-off. The sleeve numbers don't look like they're the right font. Still, a very nice collection.

Nope it's a starter, the Starter logo is sewn on and the # is printed above it instead of just above the stripe and the indentations on the 8 are hidden because it's folded back. The only possible knockoff and only stitched # one that I have is the Saints. I'm still looking for a screen print at the right price. Also the Vikings is a fauxback. The 80s version the #s are on the sleeves, I'll eventually replace it as well. Searching for throwbacks I found starter had the suckiest look. The stripes were too high on the jerseys where they're supposed to be at the very bottom. All the Bills and Giants starters were made wrong. I don't like where they moved the #s up on some of the sleeves a little to fit their logo. I like the Champion ones the best but you have to watch out for the #4 they seem to make them all the same style. I couldn't buy a Champion Packers jersey w/ a 4 in it because we never wore their style of 4. Russell made some of their jerseys w/ the # too thin. Sand knit and Rawlings are really short.

Fresno, that's an awesome man cave. Well done. That Chris Miller Falcons jersey looks to be an early Russell authentic, if you didn't pay much for it you definitely got a deal. Same with the Morten Andersen Saints M&N jersey. If you ever decide you want to get rid of them, let me know ^_^

And the Browns jersey is just a mid-90s Starter replica. That era of replicas (Starter's authentics, however, are usually on point) is notorious for using wrong fonts. I'd be willing to bet the name font on the back is serifed and entirely too big as well.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Fresno, that's an awesome man cave. Well done. That Chris Miller Falcons jersey looks to be an early Russell authentic, if you didn't pay much for it you definitely got a deal. Same with the Morten Andersen Saints M&N jersey. If you ever decide you want to get rid of them, let me know ^_^

And the Browns jersey is just a mid-90s Starter replica. That era of replicas (Starter's authentics, however, are usually on point) is notorious for using wrong fonts. I'd be willing to bet the name font on the back is serifed and entirely too big as well.

Yes, Miller is a Russell. The Saints one is the only one I am willing to sell once I get a screen printed version. It's the 1991 version w/ the 25 year patch and the only stitched jersey in the room. The lettering on the Starter is the same size as the Champion which are bigger than reebok. The rule for my jersey style is that they had to have worn that style in the 80s, so even though the Browns, Saints are from the 90s, they had that look in the 80s. Same w/ the reebok that are just a few years old but have the same look as when I was a kid. I'd also sell the Vikings current throwback(fauxback) when I get an 80's version w/ the # on the sleeves. Yes I'm that OCD. That's why I needed to have all of these jerseys in place by Sept. I didn't want to look at a room w/ some current and some 80s or all current w/ 6 current that needed to be updated because of nike tweaks(Lions, Chiefs, Bears, Seahawks, Panthers, Rams)

I have 90s Falcons, Packers, Panthers(alt), Oilers(stitched), current Titans(alt), Broncos(Alt) 33 college basketball jerseys from the early 2000s I'm willing to sell too. Let me know and I'll put it up on e-bay

Yes, Miller is a Russell. The Saints one is the only one I am willing to sell once I get a screen printed version. It's the 1991 version w/ the 25 year patch and the only stitched jersey in the room. The lettering on the Starter is the same size as the Champion which are bigger than reebok. The rule for my jersey style is that they had to have worn that style in the 80s, so even though the Browns, Saints are from the 90s, they had that look in the 80s. Same w/ the reebok that are just a few years old but have the same look as when I was a kid. I'd also sell the Vikings current throwback(fauxback) when I get an 80's version w/ the # on the sleeves. Yes I'm that OCD. That's why I needed to have all of these jerseys in place by Sept. I didn't want to look at a room w/ some current and some 80s or all current w/ 6 current that needed to be updated because of nike tweaks(Lions, Chiefs, Bears, Seahawks, Panthers, Rams)

I have 90s Falcons, Packers, Panthers(alt), Oilers(stitched), current Titans(alt), Broncos(Alt) 33 college basketball jerseys from the early 2000s I'm willing to sell too. Let me know and I'll put it up on e-bay

I have an original Russell Vikings Chris Doleman authentic jersey with the numbers on the sleeves. The name on the back is cracking, but since you display your jerseys with the back to the wall, maybe it'll work out for you. PM me and maybe we can work out a trade. Are there any other jerseys you're looking for?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I have an original Russell Vikings Chris Doleman authentic jersey with the numbers on the sleeves. The name on the back is cracking, but since you display your jerseys with the back to the wall, maybe it'll work out for you. PM me and maybe we can work out a trade. Are there any other jerseys you're looking for?

Post a pic of front and back or PM me a pic. Only others are Saints screen printed and a Packers 84-88 version w/ the Gs on the sleeves. There's one on e-bay but it's too short/small.

Also I have to buy and have the screen printed saints before I could trade w/ you. The whole OCD thing. Can't have 31 hanging or 32 w/ the current saints and the rest throwbacks.

Archived