Post Your Jersey Collections

Revis-Island

What's the story with the Predators jersey?

limited run of a proposed away jersey to match the navy blue and black "nascar checkered" third they had a few years ago, if I am not mistaken.

Tossed out in favor of a shameless (but bright) St Louis ripoff:

2u4ron8.jpg

Yes, it's a Blues ripoff, but the Blues shouldn't be wearing that template anyway, and it looks better on the Perds.
Except the template looks like the St. Louis arch so it fits the blues better

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

limited run of a proposed away jersey to match the navy blue and black "nascar checkered" third they had a few years ago, if I am not mistaken.

2u4ron8.jpg

Yes, it's a Blues ripoff, but the Blues shouldn't be wearing that template anyway, and it looks better on the Perds.

On 12/18/2013 at 11:10 AM, wonderbread said:
On 12/18/2013 at 1:20 AM, Lights Out said:
On 12/18/2013 at 7:53 PM, Canadian_Idiot said:
On 12/18/2013 at 7:14 PM, Scoo8b said:

That and that fact that the blues don't have it run right over hem stripes the way the Preds do.

Either way it's terrible. The Blues look bad without hem stripes and the Preds look bad having the piping go through the stripes. So the only solution is for nobody to have this piping pattern.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I can post photos later but I'm just going to make a list for now

NFL

Miami Dolphins Dan Marino teal- Champion

Tennessee Titans Eddie George baby blue- reebok (I think)

Detroit Lions Joey Harrington (yes, I know)- white- reebok

Detroit Lions Matt Stafford- blue- reebok

Buffalo Bills- Drew Bledsoe- blue

NHL

Detroit Red Wings- white- blank

Phoenix Coyotes circa 1997- white- blank

NCAA

North Carolina basketball- blue- Jordan

NBA

Detroit Pistons Grant Hill- blue- champion

Chicago Bulls- black- Michael Jordan- champion

Houston Rockets- Hakeem Olajuwan- blue- Ball and rocket logo on front- champion

Detroit Pistons- Cedric Ceballos- burnt red 90's alternate- champion

LA Lakers- Kobe Bryant- #8- champion

MLB

Detroit Tigers home- Justin Verlander

I think that's it.

sig.png

Here is my collection. Over the past summer I had the opportunity to take photos of most of my jerseys. I have acquired about 10 new jerseys that are not on the blog yet. I hope to take pictures of them soon!

I have been collecting hockey jerseys for some time now. Some of them are fakes, most of them are replicas and a few are authentic.

My all time favourite is the Paul Kariya 4th jersey. My dad bought it for my at christmas in 1999 and because of that it will always be my fav!

tumblr_mq42madYKo1r04zdjo1_500.jpg

Here is my collection. Over the past summer I had the opportunity to take photos of most of my jerseys. I have acquired about 10 new jerseys that are not on the blog yet. I hope to take pictures of them soon!

I have been collecting hockey jerseys for some time now. Some of them are fakes, most of them are replicas and a few are authentic.

My all time favourite is the Paul Kariya 4th jersey. My dad bought it for my at christmas in 1999 and because of that it will always be my fav!

is that ducks third real, the stripes look wrong to me.

I would love for those of you with Twitter to tweet pics of your jersey collections to @BaconSports. We love that stuff, and I've started writing for them. Some of it will get highlighted on the website once in awhile.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Kinda jelly about the Canada authentic. How does the fabric of the Nike Swift authentics compare to the CCM authentics?

The Hitmen jersey looks nice to me as well. I'm guessing only the Kopitar and Kovy ones are fake.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The stripes are correct. It's a replica jersey (made by Starter), but it's most definitely not a knock-off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The stripes are correct. It's a replica jersey (made by Starter), but it's most definitely not a knock-off.
By starter? Why not reebok?

It is a replica. The authentic ones have a silver stripe at the bottom and where made by Nike. I never understood why the replicas could not have had this stripe as well. I think maybe it came down to costs or possible a late addition to the design. Another weird thing is that the white 3rd jerseys that year never did have a bottom stripe. I always thought that was strange.

Another neat fact I found on the net once is that this 4th jersey going to be the only "3rd" jersey but they added a "4th" white jersey for good measure. I think it had something to do with playing in Japan VS the Vancouver Canucks who also where going to debut new jerseys at the event.

This is the authentic Ducks 4th Jersey with the silver stripe at the bottom.

8b0e164c5fc6ca6f.jpg

Kinda jelly about the Canada authentic. How does the fabric of the Nike Swift authentics compare to the CCM authentics?

The Hitmen jersey looks nice to me as well. I'm guessing only the Kopitar and Kovy ones are fake.

To be honest the Canadian authentic's fabric almost feels plastic-y. Not sure if I can describe it. Think of a rain jacket but lighter.

The Hitmen jersey is only of my favs. Love the design and the hint of pink. I feel they should have been added as the full-time home with a white jersey designed to complement it.

I had the opertunity to take part in the WHL Winter Classic that year so I made sure that this beauty was apart of my collection.

Correct. There are kind of knock-offs out there. I attached an image below of the knock-offs that where being sold at the time. Notice how the fabric is not as colourful.

0111-97-mighty-ducks-of-anaheim-3rd.jpg

The Duck mask logo also lacks depth. Not sure how I can explain it but the authentic Duck jerseys have the mask raised off the jersey a bit. Almost like a padding material stuffed inside. The fakes always had a flat cheep looking mask.

What really pissed me off this year is that the 20th aniversery retro jerseys have the flat mask. If you guys want I can take picture of my jerseys to explain what I am talking about.

2u4ron8.jpg

Eh, that's a stretch. It'd be one thing if the piping was shaped like the Arch, but it isn't at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It is a replica. The authentic ones have a silver stripe at the bottom and where made by Nike. I never understood why the replicas could not have had this stripe as well. I think maybe it came down to costs or possible a late addition to the design. Another weird thing is that the white 3rd jerseys that year never did have a bottom stripe. I always thought that was strange.

Another neat fact I found on the net once is that this 4th jersey going to be the only "3rd" jersey but they added a "4th" white jersey for good measure. I think it had something to do with playing in Japan VS the Vancouver Canucks who also where going to debut new jerseys at the event.

8b0e164c5fc6ca6f.jpg

To be honest the Canadian authentic's fabric almost feels plastic-y. Not sure if I can describe it. Think of a rain jacket but lighter.

The Hitmen jersey is only of my favs. Love the design and the hint of pink. I feel they should have been added as the full-time home with a white jersey designed to complement it.

I had the opertunity to take part in the WHL Winter Classic that year so I made sure that this beauty was apart of my collection.

Correct. There are kind of knock-offs out there. I attached an image below of the knock-offs that where being sold at the time. Notice how the fabric is not as colourful.

The Duck mask logo also lacks depth. Not sure how I can explain it but the authentic Duck jerseys have the mask raised off the jersey a bit. Almost like a padding material stuffed inside. The fakes always had a flat cheep looking mask.

What really pissed me off this year is that the 20th aniversery retro jerseys have the flat mask. If you guys want I can take picture of my jerseys to explain what I am talking about.

once again I was talking about the black and orange current third from the link, not the picture.

8b0e164c5fc6ca6f.jpg

once again I was talking about the black and orange current third from the link, not the picture.

If you are talking about the Getzalf 3rd, yes that is a fake. I actually am really disappointed with it. The colours are way off and the jersey is just so damn big. It is like a XXXL when I asked for a L. I have another current 3rd that is a replica.

• 1 month later...

2vdqo0k.jpg

wl3om9.jpg

All of these were exclusively thrift-store finds over the years. Magic jersey is reversible, which is pretty neat (black side has quite a lot of cracking, though. Also had to remove the Champion Size 44 label on the bottom due to it having been drawn on with permanent marker)

Top to bottom:

Left Column

-Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, Champion Replica (Size 52)

-Alonzo Mourning, Charlotte Hornets, Champion Replica (Size 44)

-Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs, Champion Replica (Size 44)

-Michael Jordan, Washington Wizards, Champion Replica (Size 52)

Right Column

-Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston Rockets, Champion Replica (Size 44 ... more like a Size 40 after several washes. Also has MAJOR cracking on both the front and back)

-Penny Hardaway, Orlando Magic, Champion Reversible Replica (Size 44)

-Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics, Reebok Replica (Size 48)

-Michael Jordan, Washington Wizards, Champion Replica (Size 40)

2u4ron8.jpg

The template looks terrible on both teams. Should have been ditched a long time ago, not copied.

Post a pic of your Legrand jersey. Kind of cool they were made.

SAM_0404_zpsab23a83c.jpg

Yeah, the proceeds from every LeGrand jersey go to his foundation for spinal injury research.

That's awesome all around...that the Bucs signed him, that they made that jersey for charity and that you bought one.

87Redskins.png

Archived