Sign in to follow this  
wyopokes2

Christmas Cheer in Sports

Years and years ago the Jaguars used to paint a Santa hat on their midfield logo during the month of December. This is a great memory of mine and I wish they still did it. I can't seem to find any pictures or videos of this. (Does anyone happen to have any?) This got me wondering if other teams have celebrated Christmas in wacky ways such as logos, uniforms, fields, etc. Anybody?

Oh and here is the reason the Jags got rid of the Santa hat (Third of the way down).

the minnesota wild wear christmas-themed uniforms during all games in the month of december.

B)

the minnesota wild wear christmas-themed uniforms during all games in the month of december.

B)

LOL

Not a Christmas-themed uniform per se, but the Knicks started what I think is a new tradition last year. On Christmas Day, they wore their green jerseys, and Miami wore their red.

heat-knicks1.jpg

I would imagine it'll be the same deal this year, home to Chicago on Christmas Day. I think it's kinda cool.

B)

Ditto for the Milwaukee Bucks. ;)

must be a midwest thing. :)

When the Bears would use the Bear logo they used in the early 90s, they would put a Santa hat on it as well in December.

The Oilers always had "Seasons Greetings" on the ice at the Northlands Coliseum.

The Milwaukee Admirals have worn some pretty ridiculous festive jerseys in the past. I actualy enjoy the second one...quite a bit.

528906077zfuJUu_fs.jpg

MilAds01-02_xmas_front.jpg

MilAds01-02_xmas_back.jpg

Not a Christmas-themed uniform per se, but the Knicks started what I think is a new tradition last year. On Christmas Day, they wore their green jerseys, and Miami wore their red.

heat-knicks1.jpg

I would imagine it'll be the same deal this year, home to Chicago on Christmas Day. I think it's kinda cool.

I don't know how long the Knicks have been doing that, but on Christmas Day 2007, the Blazers and Sonics (their last year in Seattle, incidentally) wore their colored unis to intentionally result in a Christmas Day-themed uniform game.

2004092181.jpg

That was the first time I saw something like that in the NBA, personally.

Also, in recent years at least, NBA teams that play on Christmas Day wear a snowflake patch with the NBA logo on it, I think. You can see it on one of the Heat players (Haslem? I'm not sure) in the post I just replied to.

heat-knicks1.jpg

I'm really liking Wade's old school Nikes. Original Jordans?

heat-knicks1.jpg

Didn't the knicks wear these in St. Patricks day as well?

heat-knicks1.jpg

Didn't the knicks wear these in St. Patricks day as well?

Yes, they wear them around (if not on) every St. Patrick's Day.

DisplayImage.jpg

Jason has never looked so festive.

I also really miss the Jaguar Christmas hat logo. They were one of the top teams in the NFL during those years, maybe they should bring it back.