Ohio State 2012 Pro Combat (2011 if nike was smart)

TaylorGangorDie

This is my first concept I have ever made and I did it for the school I attend, THE Ohio State University. From reading many ohio state forums like scout.com, one thing I've come to the conclusion is the fact that many people don't like the current stripes on the jerseys. Personally, I like the current stripes because they are more simple than the "old stripes" and bring consistency between the helmet stripe, jersey stripe and pants stripe. So anyway, the first pro combat jersey nike threw out for tOSU was a "throwback" to the 1954 team, but was more of a futuristic interpretation of the 1954 team. Most fans threw a fit, so this year (and it necessarily had nothing to do with fans' outcries) nike introduced a more realistic throwback to ohio states first national championship in 1942. So following nike's "tradition" of throwbacks of past national championships, I introduce a throwback to the 2002 National Champion Buckeyes.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/DrewDawg0808/2002procombat.jpg

Basically, what I did was quite simple, but it's what Buckeye fans would expect out of a throwback. The only difference between this and 2002's jerseys is the block "o" on the pants with the "truncated" stripes that only go up 3/4s of the pants as well as the jersey and pant cuts are different here in 2010. To go along with nike's slogans, I added "Holy Buckeye" to the collar, which as Buckeye fans know, was Musenburger's call against purdont in 02.

Also, I said 2012 because nike baffles me and has us wear these jerseys against m!ch!g@n and ruins the look of "the game", and obviously since it's red, it would be a home game...which means the next home game vs the state up north is in 2012. could be used as a ten year anniversary? ...if by chance they used them against a lower level big ten team or a nationally televised game to show them off, it would be 2011.

C&C thanks!

Simple, clean, effective. I'm assuming the helmet will look the same as it is now?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My favorite look that they've ever had, I was disappointed when they abandoned it.

I like this a lot.

One tip though, I noticed you saved the image as .jpg.

Next time save as .png, you won't have the crumby image quality.

-Also, I like your member name haha. I'm literally listening to Wiz right now.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This is my first concept I have ever made and I did it for the school I attend, THE Ohio State University.

I don't care how many other OSU fans try to help you justify this, but calling yourself "THE" Ohio State University makes you seem like an incredible douche. Hang around with the Longhorns much?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This is my first concept I have ever made and I did it for the school I attend, THE Ohio State University.

I don't care how many other OSU fans try to help you justify this, but calling yourself "THE" Ohio State University makes you seem like an incredible douche. Hang around with the Longhorns much?

Nice 2 cents; but as for the concept...

Hush.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Simple, clean, effective. I'm assuming the helmet will look the same as it is now?

Yep, it'll be the same.

My favorite look that they've ever had, I was disappointed when they abandoned it.

I like this a lot.

I'll take note of that next time.

Also, I'm a huge Wiz fan, and it kinda frustrates me that I've known about him for like 2 years now and everyone else is just now figuring out who he is. He's a real chill guy too, met him back in september

It's THE actual name of THE university, get over it.

Yep, it'll be the same.

I like this a lot.

Also, I'm a huge Wiz fan, and it kinda frustrates me that I've known about him for like 2 years now and everyone else is just now figuring out who he is. He's a real chill guy too, met him back in september

Really? "THE" is actually in all caps while the rest isn't? I'm pretty sure it's just The Ohio State University. Not THE Ohio State University. So singling out the word "THE" in all caps is actually a douche move, just saying. Other then that nice concept, very effective.

3535rx3.jpg

This is my first concept I have ever made and I did it for the school I attend, THE Ohio State University. From reading many ohio state forums like scout.com, one thing I've come to the conclusion is the fact that many people don't like the current stripes on the jerseys. Personally, I like the current stripes because they are more simple than the "old stripes" and bring consistency between the helmet stripe, jersey stripe and pants stripe. So anyway, the first pro combat jersey nike threw out for tOSU was a "throwback" to the 1954 team, but was more of a futuristic interpretation of the 1954 team. Most fans threw a fit, so this year (and it necessarily had nothing to do with fans' outcries) nike introduced a more realistic throwback to ohio states first national championship in 1942. So following nike's "tradition" of throwbacks of past national championships, I introduce a throwback to the 2002 National Champion Buckeyes.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/DrewDawg0808/2002procombat.jpg

Basically, what I did was quite simple, but it's what Buckeye fans would expect out of a throwback. The only difference between this and 2002's jerseys is the block "o" on the pants with the "truncated" stripes that only go up 3/4s of the pants as well as the jersey and pant cuts are different here in 2010. To go along with nike's slogans, I added "Holy Buckeye" to the collar, which as Buckeye fans know, was Musenburger's call against purdont in 02.

Also, I said 2012 because nike baffles me and has us wear these jerseys against m!ch!g@n and ruins the look of "the game", and obviously since it's red, it would be a home game...which means the next home game vs the state up north is in 2012. could be used as a ten year anniversary? ...if by chance they used them against a lower level big ten team or a nationally televised game to show them off, it would be 2011.

C&C thanks!

Nice design.

Yep, it'll be the same.

I like this a lot.

Sounds good.

& that's tight. I've known about him for almost 2 years now, but I actually wasn't a fan at first. I'm really diggin his new album though.

It may be named The Ohio State University... But only :censored: :censored: :censored: douches like yourself call it THE Ohio State University.

Also, they would have to be white next year if they plan on wearing them against Michigan again being that the game is in Ann Arbor.

It may be named The Ohio State University... But only :censored: :censored: :censored: douches like yourself call it THE Ohio State University.

Also, they would have to be white next year if they plan on wearing them against Michigan again being that the game is in Ann Arbor.

And going on like that about calling it THE Ohio State is pretty douchey as well. As for the problem of the game being in Michigan next year, he quite clearly addresses that, but perhaps from looking at your avatar, I shouldn't be surprised that you would find words confusing.

As for the concept, apart from the slight pixilation, it looks nice. It's a good clean throwback to the '02 team. It almost seems too recent and not enough of a drastic change to warrant a throwback, but it works if done as part of the 10th anniversary like was suggested.

Almost every alumn and player from OSU calls Ohio State, "Thee" Ohio State University (yes i meant to spell it that way). Its just the way people call it. I really dont understand how its douchy to say it that way. The emphasis that TaylorGangorDie put on "THE" was most likely to make it sound like "Thee".

And going on like that about calling it THE Ohio State is pretty douchey as well. As for the problem of the game being in Michigan next year, he quite clearly addresses that, but perhaps from looking at your avatar, I shouldn't be surprised that you would find words confusing.

As for the concept, apart from the slight pixilation, it looks nice. It's a good clean throwback to the '02 team. It almost seems too recent and not enough of a drastic change to warrant a throwback, but it works if done as part of the 10th anniversary like was suggested.

Haha... getting called out by someone with 11 posts. Nice. I think your sarcasm detector needs a check up. And why should I find words confusing... I mean, its not like the University of Michigan is an academically prestigious school when compared to OSU... oh wait.

Secondly, sorry if I missed his sentence at the end of his three paragraph of ramblings that could be summed up "Well, the tenth anniversary of OSU's BCS championship is coming up and if Nike has thrown back to older championships, it would be the perfect time to throwback to these."

Now take your skittles and go back to lurking.

Almost every alumn and player from OSU calls Ohio State, "Thee" Ohio State University (yes i meant to spell it that way). Its just the way people call it. I really dont understand how its douchy to say it that way. The emphasis that TaylorGangorDie put on "THE" was most likely to make it sound like "Thee".

Exactly. That is the douchy part.

I really dont under stand how that is douchy but OK.

It makes people who say it sound very full of themselves, and the University. It is a very pompous way to refer to OSU.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

It makes people who say it sound very full of themselves, and the University. It is a very pompous way to refer to OSU.

Its the way it was named and thats the way its been called for over 100 years so i really don't see anything wrong with that. Its not like it was made up in the last 30 years or something to sound cool like "The U".

Its the way it was named and thats the way its been called for over 100 years so i really don't see anything wrong with that. Its not like it was made up in the last 30 years or something to sound cool like "The U".

It may be named that, but I'm sure people have not always been saying it THEE Ohio State University. So in that way, it is very similar to "The U". It really wouldn't be an issue if people stop putting emphasis on "THE"

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

See.. They don't pronounce it "THEEEEE U". Miami fans call it "The U". It shows the arrogance of Buckeye fans when they refer to it as "THEEE Ohio State University" or "THE Ohio State University".

Archived