Belk Bowl new logo

pagan696

26129180_640X360.jpg

The Meineke "Car Care" Bowl will be renamed the Belk Bowl beginning next season, officials announced Tuesday. The new sponsorship deal with the Charlotte-based department store company runs through the 2013 game.

The game at Bank of America Stadium started in 2002 as the Continental Tire Bowl. Meineke Car Care Centers became the sponsor in 2005. The game features teams from the ACC and Big East.

I like that they incorporated the Charlotte crown (unofficial/past logo) into the design.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

It showcases the awful new Belk logo. Who the hell thought that was an upgrade from this:

Belk-logo-25768EE51B-seeklogo.com.gif

Me. I like the new one. It's not perfect but it is indeed an upgrade.

And the original name...can you imagine the cheers that went up among playes and fans alike on learning they'd earned a trip to the...Continental Tire Bowl??

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Interesting. The two people here that have commented prefer the new Belk logo, while it has been almost unanimously panned in retail and other design forums and site.

They both blow, in my opinion. The old one screams early 1990s and the new one is just trying too hard. And neither of them give me a clue as to what the hell Belk is.

Interesting. The two people here that have commented prefer the new Belk logo, while it has been almost unanimously panned in retail and other design forums and site.

They both blow, in my opinion. The old one screams early 1990s and the new one is just trying too hard. And neither of them give me a clue as to what the hell Belk is.

The old one that you say "screams" 90's has been on their stores since the 1960s.

The old one that you say "screams" 90's has been on their stores since the 1960s.

Yeah I thought 1950-something. And it should stay in the 50's. Definitely prefer the new one.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

At least the old Belk logo had a bit of originality. They 'upgraded' to the generic style logo that every company in America uses. It'll be dated within 3 years.

The football logo is ok, but I feel they could have done something creative with the football shaped petals.

Make that 3 people, at least. And, I have to agree with what others have said. No way does it invoke a 90s feel.

Archived