Wolves - Rebrand

9erssteve

could you post this again with a plain background, without a forced perspective? i would like to give you a fair critique. the way it is though, the wolf appears to have a little too big of a humpback. the tail is a little too dynamic and detailed for being the furthest body part. i think simplifying this would help your overall shape.

your rendering style is very nice.

i am not a fan of the lightning bolt coming from the mouth, unless there is a reason behind it that has yet to be explained.

While intriguing, the lightning bolt is a distraction. I sort of like how you incorporated it while being distracted by it at the same time. Without the bolt, I think this looks like something that the U of New Mexico could adopt.

FsQiF2W.png

This is a really nice logo but reminds me too much of highres_13553097.jpeg

BUSTED!

(Seriously though, really??? How is that similar??))

All that black and red...don't you see it?

Where did I say he ripped this logo off? All I was saying was that they look similar. The similarities are the red coming out of the mouth and the colors.

Nice start - you've got a good idea here, now run with it. Some the experts will have some good suggestions. Overall, it's a nice logo.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like it! the style is perfect. but like someone else said, try fixing the tail. I like the idea of the lightning coming out of the mouth but maybe make the red from the lighting touch the red from inside the mouth. not sure though just an idea since right now it looks like he's drooling lightning. Do you plan to make a version of only the head/lightning bolt. I think that'd look nice.

could you post this again with a plain background, without a forced perspective? i would like to give you a fair critique. the way it is though, the wolf appears to have a little too big of a humpback. the tail is a little too dynamic and detailed for being the furthest body part. i think simplifying this would help your overall shape.

i am not a fan of the lightning bolt coming from the mouth, unless there is a reason behind it that has yet to be explained.

There is no forced perspective, that's it as drawn, just placed on a background so the white keyline is visable. The reason for the lightening bolt was to help add some movement and speed and help fill the large negative space behind the wolf, think Buffalo Bills logo (which I've always liked, although I wish they'd stop adding an extra outline to everything every other year!). Not totally sold on it being a lightning bolt myself but I feel it needs something there. Open to any suggestions people may have,

9ersstevesig.png

There is no forced perspective, that's it as drawn, just placed on a background so the white keyline is visable. The reason for the lightening bolt was to help add some movement and speed and help fill the large negative space behind the wolf, think Buffalo Bills logo (which I've always liked, although I wish they'd stop adding an extra outline to everything every other year!). Not totally sold on it being a lightning bolt myself but I feel it needs something there. Open to any suggestions people may have,

okay, well, then my comments are the same as above. i thought maybe you skewed the image in photoshop. anyway, what about reducing his back down slightly, and smoothing the tail? maybe remove the lightning bolt now, and use it in the length of the body as a highlight, to show the movement you're looking for. right now it looks strange, because it is shooting out to the left, while the body goes back in perspective a different way.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Anymore advice before I get back to tweaking this bad boy?

Current areas that folk think need work:

The tail - Smooth it out and look at the end of it.

Back feet - Currently to hoof like, I totally agree these will be addressed.

The Shoulders - Might reduce slightly but want to keep some mass there as Wolves genuinely are more thick set there than dogs.

& The "lightening bolt" - should it stay, be modified/replaced by something else or dropped entirely, all options will be looked at.

Thanks for all the advice, certainly needed a clean pair of eyes with this one and I'm now looking forward to getting back to it and finishing this off and creating a word mark to go with it.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I think if you redo the tail, turn the hind hoofs into paws and pull the bolt you'll have it. The shoulders are not much of an issue with me. I like the bolt-like accents within the tail and body, so if you want to use something similar outside the body to suggest movement or ferocity, it could work. It's just that a streak of lighting coming from his mouth does not work.

It's a nice, fluid rendering of a streak, so maybe you can figure a way of incorporating it.

FsQiF2W.png

Archived