Wisconsin Badger logo

JJSCOTT

this one if for you mcrosby! :P

used the wisconsin badger head logo and real images of a badger to come up with this one. before the comments come in... yes i know it is cartoony it was intended to be that way. wisconsin really doesn't use this logo on uniforms so figured it could be a lil more loose and if you look at the badger head they are using it is very cartoony. this is just the start so as i tweek it i'm sure it will change a bit.

7250be88.png

current badger head logo for reference

wisconsin_badgers300.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Looks like he put on a few pounds.

It's all that cheese.

The eyes are the only thing I'm not really sold on. They look more tired than menacing, maybe it's the red, maybe it's the overall shape but he just looks run down and something's bothering (badgering?) him.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Like seriously, did you steal all the skill that was supposed to go to the NCAA designers?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

FINALLY!

Just kidding of course.

I like where it's headed, but it's too in between cartoon (with the sweater collar and snarl) and serious. The eyes, as stated before look a bit tired and the snarl looks as though it was thrown in last minute, try integrating it a bit more. The overall shape is very round and 'drooped' if you will.

I'm excited to see where this goes.

I like this update - I don' think it's not too cartoony. OK, it's a rip-off of the original but it's still very well done. Still a simple update and well done at that.

I like the little changes that you have made, the #3 version is quite nice. Well done!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Something about the wide face and downturned cheek-fuzz makes me think of Azimuth from the most recent Ratchet and Clank game:

thumb_ratchet_and_clank_future_a_crack_in_time_20090801_2014592740.jpg

Your update seems to have a distinct "mouth" as opposed to a "snout" or muzzle... I kind of like it though I still think it needs some tweaking. Definitely gives the Badger a different character!

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

To me the red eyes are too much. I mean, it is Bucky Badger and he's always been approachable. Here he looks like an unpredictable drug-crazed Gizmo from Gremlins. It might also be the black under his eyes that make him look tired. Your ears are definitely an improvement though, but overall it isn't any better or worse than what they use, just a different approach.

I don't know, I feel the original has more charm about it.

ah to each his own i guess.

few tiny changes

e60a48a2.png

OK couple of wee things, not a big fan of the red eyes, and the mouth worries me slightly. If the logo is reduced down much smaller than you have it here then the line for the teeth will disappear. secondly I'd reduce the width of the red jumper slightly I know badgers dont really have necks but you got this one looking like Takeo Spikes! ;)

Last tip I'd give is flip the logo horizontally and see how it looks, I know it'll never be a helmet decal that will face both ways but it's always good to make sure things dont go a bit hinkie when you flip them and on this one I cant help feeling that the white on the side opposite wide end of the mouth could do with adjusting slightly (top white spur for want of a better word doesn't stick out far enough)

Other than that I really like it. Good effort.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I like this concept and I liked the Wolverine concept you did as well.

As a Longhorn, I'd love to see what you'd do with Bevo and I encourage you to consider doing one here.

will see what I can come up with always up for a new challenge :)

made a few adjustments from the suggestions posted so here is a right and left...

b68a2580.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Archived