Bucs Re-Colorization/Pirate Trivia

Cujo

While browsing the sports store in town, I came across this t-shirt:

bucs_orange.jpg

I can tell you this is definitely "Official Reebok NFL Apparel", and that the other dozen+ teams on display featured their standard primary logo. I just wonder if this logo is just some sort of fashion thing -- or is this is something us NFL fans need to brace ourselves for?

6uXNWAo.png

Is that a BucFanatic jersey that's coming?

Anyway, I like when teams update looks but stay at least fairly consistent with colors or modernize their logos. I think this might be a nice bridge between the 2 packages... I'm curious to see more.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It looks interesting .... however hard to tell from that picture but to me the colors look more inverted than recolored. they swapped the orange in the ball with the red in the flag. soooo that COULD just mean they wanted to focus more on orange in the logo and not necessarily make a full return to creamsicle colors. or it could even be a misprint. just saying i wouldnt hold my breath on the return of creamsicle based on this image. however i do like the recolor.

POST 800!!!!!!!!!!!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I found it at a store called R Sports. I believe their franchise is entirely based in New Mexico. I would compare it to a store such as Fanz, but with double the selection.

Dang, I don't think we have them down here. I've never heard of them. Hopefully they show up in Sports Fan Attic or Champs.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Fun pirate fact for you all: a black Jolly Roger flag denotes a non-attacking ship; a red Jolly Roger signifies a ship in attack mode.

An orange flag equals nothing more than a fashion statement.

Uh, no. Flying the black pirate flag (and there were a multitude; not all flew the skull-and-crossbones or skull-and-crossed-swords commonly known as the "Jolly Roger") indicated that the pirate ship intended to attack for financial gain, and if the captain & crew of the target ship surrendered, they would not be harmed while the pirates took whatever the heck they wanted.

If the pirates flew a RED flag, that signified "no quarter." That meant the pirates meant to kill everyone on board the target ship, whether they fought or not.

However, you're right: orange flag = fashion statement.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

AltBucsLog3.jpg

Wonder how the recolored logo would look on that.

1997BuccaneersPrototype01.png

Y'all know I love those old colors with every fiber of my being.

That said, I am so happy they did NOT go with that. That would have looked dated in under three years' time. (In much the same way the current primary logo is beginning to look to me...yep, I said it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Fun pirate fact for you all: a black Jolly Roger flag denotes a non-attacking ship; a red Jolly Roger signifies a ship in attack mode.

An orange flag equals nothing more than a fashion statement.

Uh, no. Flying the black pirate flag (and there were a multitude; not all flew the skull-and-crossbones or skull-and-crossed-swords commonly known as the "Jolly Roger") indicated that the pirate ship intended to attack for financial gain, and if the captain & crew of the target ship surrendered, they would not be harmed while the pirates took whatever the heck they wanted.

If the pirates flew a RED flag, that signified "no quarter." That meant the pirates meant to kill everyone on board the target ship, whether they fought or not.

However, you're right: orange flag = fashion statement.

What he said... (beat me to it).

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Archived