NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bengals orange alternates...a.k.a "My Guilty Pleasure of NFL Uniforms." I mean, it's a ridiculous hodgepodge of a uniform...but I like it mainly because they actually look like bengal tigers with all those crazy stripes & orange all over the place. That's when they wear the white pants with it, the black pants absolutely ruin the entire set.

The Bengals orange alternates...a.k.a "My Guilty Pleasure of NFL Uniforms." I mean, it's a ridiculous hodgepodge of a uniform...but I like it mainly because they actually look like bengal tigers with all those crazy stripes & orange all over the place. That's when they wear the white pants with it, the black pants absolutely ruin the entire set.

I love it too and they haven't worn the black pants with the orange jerseys for three or 4 years now. I think you're safe. I like them also for the reason that it's the only time they wear the orange socks anymore.

PvO6ZWJ.png

cool.... i love those uniforms.

So do I ... we beat 'em up pretty good last time they wore 'em, scored 49.

Why so serious?

Agree tho', and think their orange with white pants makes sense to be their regular uniform, not alternate.

09000d5d81c498c1_gallery_600.jpg

Watching Redskins at Jaguars today, it's striking how much better the Skins' uniforms look (despite the pick your own TV number font thing they have going on). In addition to being badly designed, the Jaguars' uniforms are badly executed...hell, the jerseys aren't even all the same color.

I hope they get rid of this set when they leave Jacksonville...and from the number of empty seats and tarped over sections visible today, that shouldn't be too far down the road.

1. Watching Redskins at Jaguars today, it's striking how much better the Skins' uniforms look (despite the pick your own TV number font thing they have going on).

2. I hope they get rid of this set when they leave Jacksonville...and from the number of empty seats and tarped over sections visible today, that shouldn't be too far down the road.

1. The Skins uniforms are painfully ugly. The Jags plain and simple uniforms are 1000 times better then those 1976 models that the Skins keep trotting out.

2. They have 9 straight sell-outs. They ain't going anywhere.

1. Watching Redskins at Jaguars today, it's striking how much better the Skins' uniforms look (despite the pick your own TV number font thing they have going on).

2. I hope they get rid of this set when they leave Jacksonville...and from the number of empty seats and tarped over sections visible today, that shouldn't be too far down the road.

1. The Skins uniforms are painfully ugly. The Jags plain and simple uniforms are 1000 times better then those 1976 models that the Skins keep trotting out.

2. They have 9 straight sell-outs. They ain't going anywhere.

1. You, sir, are incorrect.

2. I heard the nine straight sell outs mentioned on TV. So, what's the deal with the tarps, and where were all those ticket holders today? This game had playoff implications for Jacksonville and I saw entire empty sections in that stadium.

Today's Best:

1. Giants-Packers - Simply a classic look.

2. Jets-Bears - Another classic look.

3. Colts-Raiders - Yep.

Worst:

3. Redskins-Jaguars - I dont hate either uniform, just wasn't feeling that match-up.

2. Ravens-Browns - Horiffic modern set vs. Boring classic.

1. Chargers-Bengals - It really gets no worse than the Bengals, especially their orange alts.

6uXNWAo.png

What a week for great looking uniform match-ups. So without further adieu...

Infrared41's best and worst looking games of the week.

Best: (The first three-way tie in the short but illustrious history of my weekly list)

1a. Giants - Packers: One of the best home uniforms in the NFL vs. one of the top road uniforms in the NFL. It really doesn't get any better than this. (It does however get just as good as the top three games will illustrate.)

Giants_Packers_Football.sff_78543_game.jpgGiants_Packers_Football.sff_78527_game.jpg

1b. Jets - Bears: The best home uniform in the NFL vs. one of the top road uniforms in the NFL. It really doesn't get any better than this...(warning: theme developing)

Jets_Bears_Football.sff_78346_game.jpgJets_Bears_Football.sff_78447_game.jpg

1c. Colts - Raiders: One of the best home uniforms in the NFL vs. one of the top road uniforms in the NFL. It really doesn't get any better than this...

Colts_Raiders_Football.sff_78522_game.jpg

4. Titans - Chiefs: On occasion, the Titans get it exactly right. The Chiefs never get it wrong.

Titans_Chiefs_Football.sff_78414_game.jpg

5. Seahawks - Buccaneers: All the proof you'll ever need to see that an "updated" uniform doesn't have to be, to paraphrase Spinal Tap, something out of an "Australian's nightmare."

Seahawks_Buccaneers_Football.sff_78519_game.jpg

Honorable mentions: Panthers - Steelers (you know it's a good week when this one doesn't even make the list) Lions - Dolphins

Worst:

Chargers - Bengals: San Diego isn't all bad but when you combine them with the train wreck that is the Bengals...well you get the number one spot on the worst list.

Chargers_Bengals_Football.sff_78557_game.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for tuning in.

Now I'm going to sit back and wait for the "You're wrong. The Bengals orange jerseys are the best" posts.

BB52Big.jpg

Today's Best:

1. Giants-Packers

2. Jets-Bears

3. Colts-Raiders

Worst:

1. Chargers-Bengals

Best:

1a. Giants - Packers

1b. Jets - Bears

1c. Colts - Raiders

Worst:

Chargers - Bengals

Red, you could've just quoted me, or posted "+1" .... but thanks for the visuals! :D

6uXNWAo.png

Today's Best:

1. Giants-Packers

2. Jets-Bears

3. Colts-Raiders

Worst:

1. Chargers-Bengals

Best:

1a. Giants - Packers

1b. Jets - Bears

1c. Colts - Raiders

Worst:

Chargers - Bengals

Red, you could've just quoted me, or posted "+1" .... but thanks for the visuals! :D

After you stole my act? Wait...it kind of looks like I stole your act. :D Honestly, I didn't even notice that we had the same top three and the same worst game. In any case, there's no denying that we both have great taste.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived