Allen Wranglers logo

EasleyK

AllenWranglersIFL.PNG

New IFL team here in our Dallas suburb. No unis yet, I suppose. Pictures from the press conference only show a few t-shirts and a black helmet with no logo. Oh, and one terrible mascot.

Drew Pearson is the GM.

There has been some signage around town leading up to this and the word marks were less than desirable. I never suspected them to be the actual. Glad they apparently were not.

I'll skip over the cliche interpretation of a wrangler (not sure how well he "wrangles" with one eye though) and get on to the wordmark. I've always thought that script wordmarks (Dodgers, Athletics, etc.) were designed to look as if someone literally wrote them (with some tweaks for legibility or slight customization.) This isn't a script, nor is it whatever the opposite of script is. Not only that, but the parts that are script have notches and things on them that would make it impossible for someone to actually have drawn it out.

The actual rendering appears to be well done, but conceptually I really don't like any part of this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived