Reproducing 2010 Team Sweden hockey socks

Neon_Matrix

Well, for once Ebay nor any other hockey site (apart from K1hockey.com) seem to have a product that I'm looking for - 2010 Team Sweden Hockey socks. Made by Nike, these socks are not currently being sold to the public and are thus difficult to match to a replica jersey.

Luckily, I've found an online retailer that will "reproduce" these socks for me with a traditional knit material that I can live with... as long as I have something that matches my jersey.

The only problem is trying to determine when exactly the stripes begin from the bottom of the sock.

While I know that each stripe width is 1.25" (measured on the jersey arms), there is no real way to determine where they start on the sock without being able to physically look at one. The photos can only help so much, so apart from trying to estimate, they aren't of much help.

Based on these photos (and measuring my existing socks both relaxed and on shin guards) I have determined that the stripes begin at either 7" or 8".

Is anyone able to provide more insight into where they believe the stripes begin (7 or 8 inches from the base) on the sock or of another place where I can buy the authentic Nike product?

ComparingLenghts.gif?t=1293341259

Screenshot2010-12-25at54955PM.png

Screenshot2010-12-25at55140PM.png

Screenshot2010-12-25at55114PM.png

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Honestly I think that as long as you have the stripe thickness right, an inch won't make a noticeable difference. If you look at the three pictures you posted, the stripes come up to varying parts of their shins.

Exactly, the bottom one has the socks tight on the Knee Cap's but srcunched on the ankles.

Ask this question at Goaliestore.com, it's perfect. Some people there play / live in Sweden, you might get luck. Post it in the Equipment forum, or the Hockey Talk.

My best advise, Measure down to right below the knee cap, and go with it. If you wear your socks tucked in, it'd look perfect to me.

Someone on Goaliestore.com may even have those socks.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Well, for once Ebay nor any other hockey site (apart from K1hockey.com) seem to have a product that I'm looking for - 2010 Team Sweden Hockey socks. Made by Nike, these socks are not currently being sold to the public and are thus difficult to match to a replica jersey.

Dumb question then - what have you got against K1? They're a good company located about 2 and a half hours from me in Cloquet, MN near Duluth. Call their 800 number (800-345-0028) and I'm sure they can let you know how to get those socks - either direct or through a dealer near you...

Edit - they even have a seconds store that I've never had a chance to go to, but they may even have them there, and on sale. You never know.

Dumb question then - what have you got against K1? They're a good company located about 2 and a half hours from me in Cloquet, MN near Duluth. Call their 800 number (800-345-0028) and I'm sure they can let you know how to get those socks - either direct or through a dealer near you...

Edit - they even have a seconds store that I've never had a chance to go to, but they may even have them there, and on sale. You never know.

Umm... didn't say I had anything against them... no idea where you got that from.

I just have yet to hear back from them about order quantities so I'm not just going to wait around for their reply. I'm being proactive and looking into my options.

In addition, I'm sure the shipping will cost about as much as the sock itself, which is harder for me to swallow when it is only a reproduction and not an authentic product.

AsM29 - Thanks for the advice, I just applied to join the forum.. waiting on an acceptance then I hope to post the question! Thanks for the advice.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OFFTOPIC:

that first Swedish player looks like Randy Johnson.

That first player would be Daniel Alfredsson there

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived