2011 World U20 Junior Hockey Championships

Don

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen too many of these type of collapses, Canada stopped skating and got maybe a couple quality shots on Bobkov.

Never take the skate off the throat in a game of this stature especially when your playing the Canada of Europe when it comes to hockey.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I was not happy, but it was not as big a deal for me for some reason. I guess because they will probably have just as good a chance next time.

It's not the Stanley Cup Finals. This team makes this final practically every year.

As Kings fan, the prospect picked up a gold, silver, and bronze. As a fan of USA hockey, I'm pissed and upset. Bronze is not good at all. Don't friggin' sugarcoat it. When it came down to crunchtime, they couldn't get it done... again. Typical USA hockey, up and down results. They need to pick a coaching staff full-time for USA hockey. I'm just sitting here wondering and concerned about our neighbors to the north... I haven't heard from many of them. Was there mass suicide last night?

According to the news reports here, several of them had to be "carried onto the bus" they were so drunk!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

As Kings fan, the prospect picked up a gold, silver, and bronze. As a fan of USA hockey, I'm pissed and upset. Bronze is not good at all. Don't friggin' sugarcoat it. When it came down to crunchtime, they couldn't get it done... again. Typical USA hockey, up and down results. They need to pick a coaching staff full-time for USA hockey. I'm just sitting here wondering and concerned about our neighbors to the north... I haven't heard from many of them. Was there mass suicide last night?

Sorry, but I can't disagree more. The US only lost one game (more on that in a minute) in the entire tourney, won its pool and medaled in back-to-back years for the first time in history. Say all you want about the number of guys they had back, they were missing John Carlson and Cam Fowler at Defense (not that they were elegible, just that they were dominant in 2010), and that may have been the difference this year against Canada. And speaking of Canada - the US underestimated how upset the Canadians were about losing last year at home. Was it an embarassing performance? Maybe, but it was one game, and the US could have folded up shop, skated off with back-to-back losses and no medal at all. Instead, they beat a good Team Sweden for a Bronze. Not what most hoped for, but not a disaster either (like some sort of epic 3rd period collapse in the gold medal game B):P:shocked: ).

Archived