Broncos Planning to Switch to Orange Jerseys Full Time

number81

Disagree. The Broncos seem like one of those teams that only looks right in white pants. The orange pants just look tacky.

I've grown up a Bronco fan and have always wished they would go with something besides white pants on the road. The road uniform is dominated by the blue in both old and new iterations, which I've found to be terribly boring. Especially now with the navy, which makes the road uniform look very black and white.

My preference would be to have the navy side panels on the road jersey switch to orange, and then marry that uniform to the navy pants for all road games.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I've always admired about the 97 uniforms is the 3 points you get from the two side stripes and the helmet stripe pointing to the face, and all the same color. I LOVE the Orange jerseys, but that's broken when you have an orange point up top and two navy points.

/realizes he's the only one who cares :)

ESPN Monday Night Football can be relied on to show some divisional games that nobody should care about but people do anyway. Jaguars-Titans beat the World Series this year. Gird your loins for the streak-maintaining showdown of the Broncos and Chiefs.

+1

It seems like (especially after MNF went to ESPN) that the Sunday night match ups have been far more intriguing than the Monday games.

ESPN Monday Night Football can be relied on to show some divisional games that nobody should care about but people do anyway. Jaguars-Titans beat the World Series this year. Gird your loins for the streak-maintaining showdown of the Broncos and Chiefs.

+1

It seems like (especially after MNF went to ESPN) that the Sunday night match ups have been far more intriguing than the Monday games.

You nailed it plus with the flex game Sunday Night Football is the new Monday Night. Id say give ABC Thursday Night they deserved to grt the NFL back!

White jerseys on orange pants sounds veryyy intriguing to me. Did they ever wear orange pants back in the day?

Yes they did, back in the 60's and 70's.

4371598.jpg

Over a year ago when i was learning how to use photoshop I wipped up this little number, not the best work but you get the idea.

orangepantscopy.jpg

I would love nothing more than to see this once or twice a year for big road games.

+1

You nailed it plus with the flex game Sunday Night Football is the new Monday Night. Id say give ABC Thursday Night they deserved to grt the NFL back!

ABC owns ESPN, so they still have the NFL. ABC has nobody to blame but themselves, for some reason, ABC didn't want to show football on primetime anymore so they relegated it over to ESPN and cable. NBC wanted back in so they created the Sunday night game, brought in the old MNF announcers (Michaels and Madden) and proceeded to move "Monday Night Football" over to Sunday. The rest, as they say, is history.

White jerseys on orange pants sounds veryyy intriguing to me. Did they ever wear orange pants back in the day?

4371598.jpg

Over a year ago when i was learning how to use photoshop I wipped up this little number, not the best work but you get the idea.

orangepantscopy.jpg

I would love nothing more than to see this once or twice a year for big road games.

I don't know, that looks odd for some reason.

Might look better with orange numbers trimmed in navy, or if the sleeves were orange above the seam created by the navy wing thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ABC owns ESPN, so they still have the NFL. ABC has nobody to blame but themselves, for some reason, ABC didn't want to show football on primetime anymore so they relegated it over to ESPN and cable. NBC wanted back in so they created the Sunday night game, brought in the old MNF announcers (Michaels and Madden) and proceeded to move "Monday Night Football" over to Sunday. The rest, as they say, is history.

The "game of the week" package moved to Sunday nights, but the extant Monday Night Football package is a notch or two above the old ESPN Sunday Night package, which always seemed to be the dregs of each week's slate. While you still get a fair share of stinkers in the MNF package, they still seem to pick up some bigger rivalry games (NFC East, NFC North, AFC West, AFC East) that probably wouldn't have been on the old ESPN package. That old ESPN Sunday Night Football, though, hoo-ee. Heaping helpings of captivating fare like Jaguars-Bengals, Buccaneers-Texans, Jets-Seahawks, or Ravens-Titans, presented by a bunch of daft old people who didn't know who the players were or who they themselves were or why any of them were there. Christ, it was like watching Versus. The league really removed a blemish on itself with that 2006 shakeup.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

+1

Yeah you're right Larry ABC could've moved Desparate Housewives to Monday Night and put NFL on Sunday night but they would rather put reality shows on Monday which could've waited till the season ends.

4371598.jpg

orangepantscopy.jpg

I would LOVE those but like vet said I think it needs orange numbers with navy trim

The "game of the week" package moved to Sunday nights, but the extant Monday Night Football package is a notch or two above the old ESPN Sunday Night package, which always seemed to be the dregs of each week's slate. While you still get a fair share of stinkers in the MNF package, they still seem to pick up some bigger rivalry games (NFC East, NFC North, AFC West, AFC East) that probably wouldn't have been on the old ESPN package. That old ESPN Sunday Night Football, though, hoo-ee. Heaping helpings of captivating fare like Jaguars-Bengals, Buccaneers-Texans, Jets-Seahawks, or Ravens-Titans, presented by a bunch of daft old people who didn't know who the players were or who they themselves were or why any of them were there. Christ, it was like watching Versus. The league really removed a blemish on itself with that 2006 shakeup.

More like the NFL Network that why I think ABC or either USA or TBS should get Thursday Night game.

The white pants with the orange stripe and the navy blue pants(currently worn only with the navy blue jersey) would both go bye-bye if they switched to the orange jersey.

Wrong.

One of those pants would HAVE to stick around, because they would have nothing to wear with the navy jersey's.

Hopefully they keep the navy pants, because that all navy look is the better look.

NOT this.

4371598.jpg

orangepantscopy.jpg

I would LOVE those but like vet said I think it needs orange numbers with navy trim

I may be the only one but Navy jersey with Orange pant would actually look good on the Broncos.

BTW

I think its time for the Panthers to make carolina blue their primary!

• 3 months later...

I am glad that the Broncos are returning to Orange jerseys full time. Those jerseys were original and they looked good. I cannot wait to see them on the field!

I knew there was talk of it, but has this become official for 2011?

I don't know why you can't wait' .. they've been wearing 'em twice a season the past few seasons as home alternates.

IMO they should keep it that way.

If anybody should go to the orange jerseys fulltime it should be Cincinnati. Then they'd really have a Bengal Tiger look.

I also agree with 'RetroJr79' about Carolina making their Carolina Blue their primary .... they look more like a Carolina team in them.

I wish the NFL would lax the rules (like they did with SF in 1994) on that and let teams with 'throwback' alternates have a home & away set to wear twice each during the regular season.

That was a bit hit in 2009 for AFL-50 ... NFL apparel made a killing $$$

It was cool seeing the RAIDERS in their white jerseys and '63 logo with those silver numbers, especially when playing the CHARGERS in their power blue.

Would have liked to see Denver in their '66 Bronco set w/ the orange jersey & bucking Bronco helmet with the starry-eyes, and the JETS in their '63 look with the green jet plane on the helmet.

Archived