N(ike)FL concepts

chestnutz

Thank you all for the comments. I knew with the Packers and Bears especially I might get some flak, and everyone seems to have differing opinions on them.

Here's the AFC West, teams that I've all done before, besides the Broncos. Couple old AFL designs thrown in.

Denver Broncos

A team I've never done before, their jerseys are starting to be outdated (though they started the modern design era, really). All Bronco fans love the orange, so I made that the primary, with blue sleeves that continue to the collar to a point. Tweaked the primary logo a little bit, increasing the keyline and losing the eyeball.

Broncos.png

San Diego Chargers

With the Chargers, you really can go any way. They've had so many different looks. White helmet with emphasis on powder blue, white helmet with emphasis on navy, navy helmet with emphasis on navy and yellow...etc. I love their look of the early 70's I believe it was, with the navy helmet and yellow pants. SO I lost a lot of the details overall in the uniforms, got rid of all the craziness and strokes and outlines, etc. Went with a simple navy and yellow look, with simple bolts on the shoulders and pant, and also went back to the numerals on the helmet. New logos too, ones I used in a past concept. But of course you can never not have a powder blue jersey, so I included that as a radically different alternate option.

Chargers-1.png

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs, like a few other teams, really have had the same uniforms their whole history. So I didn't mess with them too much. Really the biggest change to the uniforms is yellow numbers with white outline. New logos, again from a concept I did in the past. AFL throwback jersey as an alternate.

Chiefs.png

Oakland Raiders

Can't do much with the black hole's team. I really just tried to make them look meaner, because black and silver really is one badass combo. I added a simple stripe to the sleeves, sublimated on the home and more visible on the away (think Michigan, where the home is sacred but away can have trim). New wordmarks that are slightly different, and I tweaked the logo a bit as well, trying to modernize it without a complete overhaul. AFL throwback again (one that I love, something about those silver numbers). **my bad on the home numbers, for some reason put 28 instead of 8 for Jason Campbell...I don't even know why Russell is on there haha. oh well

Raiders.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broncos: Really nice job. I like the return to orange, and the design is a nice change. I would have white pants at home and orange pants on the road, however.

Chargers: I REALLY like these! I like the SD logo a lot, and the simplification of the bolt looks good. Normally I would say permanent powder blue, but something about the navy and yellow really works here.

Chiefs: I'm not a huge fan of the yellow numbers on the home, but that logo looks really nice. If you're going to change the logo that much though, I would modernize and change the uniforms more, as the potential is there.

Raiders: Can't really change the Raiders much, but I like the logo and wordmark changes. However, on the road I would take away the stripe and make the cuffs silver, just to be consistent with the home.

The Kansas City and San Diego logos are very similar IMO. I'd go another route with the Chiefs (uniforms are fine though). And I agree that I don't like the helmet. The new bolt doesn't do it for me (work great on the pants but no good on the helmet).

Broncos and Raiders are both great looking sets.

I'm really diggin' the Chargers. I'm one of the rare ones who think the powder blue look is waaay overrated (to me there really isn't anything more special to it than any of thier other looks - it's powder blue, so what? :P), and that the 70's-80's look was a much better look for them. I really love that you used that as an inspiration, and it really turned out great. I love the "SD" logo too, I wouldn't change a thing on that. Great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Lions alts would be BRUTAL on TV. Maybe a white stroke around the nams ans numbers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Absolutely love that Broncos set. Love the blue pants at home with the orange jerseys. Would assume the pants are interchangeable as well. The only think that I think is a downgrade is the loss of the eye on the logo.

Love the Chiefs and Chargers, think the logo could be a little better on the Chargers though.

Like what you did with the Raiders. One thing that I have always thought would make their set better would be a black facemask and black pants on the road.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

The Lions alts would be BRUTAL on TV. Maybe a white stroke around the nams ans numbers.

It really isn't that bad.

LionsThrowbackWNewBubbles.jpg

That's a darker blue than what is shown in the concept.

Pretty good work here, and I really like the Chiefs yellow numbers.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Thank you all for the comments. I've got a couple little updates.

Chargers - Old bolt on the helmet, white helmet for third.

Raiders - Changed the away jersey a tad, silver cuffs and sublimated stripe like home.

NFC South will be posted tonight.

Chargers2.png

Raiders2.png

spacer.png

Like I said, here's the NFC North. It's by far my favorite division to do concepts for, because you can go so many different directions with each team. There's currently a lot of black in the division, so I set out to fix that by having Atlanta focus on red, New Orleans on gold, and the Bucs...well you'll see. I've done some stuff here I don't usually do with these teams, so I hope you enjoy.

Here are the previously done Carolina Panthers.

Atlanta Falcons

Went classic look here. Love their current throwbacks, so I really just used those as inspiration and used it for the whole set. Skewed the wordmark to give it a motion look like the logo, which I deleted the details from to go with the simplified look.

Falcons.png

New Orleans Saints

I did something here I haven't done in a Saints concept before - switch the gold. I went the older yellow look, and also used a white helmet which I've done in the past, because it looks freakin' great. On the uniforms, I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I went with a very out there design element - pinstripes. I figured it fit the Saints well. Also made a new wordmark to fit the Mardi-gras atmosphere.

Saints.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I love doing concepts for this team, you can go so many ways. Here I did another new thing - creamsicles! It's such a unique color I decided to embrace it, and completely changed the color scheme. Orange, red, and a dark maroon are now the colors. A little whacky on the striping scheme here, I've got shoulder stripes that continue down to a side panel. A new wordmark here as well, more piratey.

Buccaneers.png

spacer.png

There's no way in the world I can go back and comment on all these, so I'll just tell you my favorites: the Ravens, Falcons, and Chargers. That's a fresh angle on the Chargers I don't think I've seen taken yet (I damn sho wouldn't have thought to go that direction)...and it came out surprisingly well. I'm just loving that Ravens set, though.

VERY nice work with all these.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Falcons: I like this a lot! Old school striping with new school numbers and logo. I also like the italicized wordmark.

Saints: I LOVE these!!! The pinstripes work extremely well, and the older, deeper gold looks great. This might be my favorite of the series!

Bucs: I like the modernized creamsicles, and the wordmark is really, really cool. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the side panels, since they don't continue onto the pants.

Oh, and what font did you use for the Saints NOB? It looks almost exactly like the NOB font for so many of the college Nike teams, and I've been looking for a close match for some teams I'm working on.

Archived