N(ike)FL concepts

chestnutz

Where are the panthers,or are they just too terrible to be done.

You'll notice when I post these divisions, there's only three teams. I did several teams in the beginning of this project, out of order, the Panthers being one of them. See previous posts.

Falcons: I like this a lot! Old school striping with new school numbers and logo. I also like the italicized wordmark.

Saints: I LOVE these!!! The pinstripes work extremely well, and the older, deeper gold looks great. This might be my favorite of the series!

Bucs: I like the modernized creamsicles, and the wordmark is really, really cool. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the side panels, since they don't continue onto the pants.

Oh, and what font did you use for the Saints NOB? It looks almost exactly like the NOB font for so many of the college Nike teams, and I've been looking for a close match for some teams I'm working on.

Thank you for the kind words. The font I believe is actually the Lakers'.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of these look great, but that Chargers powder blue almost seems too light.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks BB. Yeah the Bucs do look a bit like the Chiefs I guess.

Here's the AFC South, a division I'm not so fond of doing concepts for, but I must...do...all...32!

The Texans, a previously done team in the project, can be seen here.

Indianapolis Colts

Eh, I really didn't want to mess with them much. They have perfect uniforms. I originally had the stripes tapered, but decided against it and went with the regular shoulder stripes. Few tweaks here and there, but the newest thing is the wordmark, which takes inspiration from the logo.

Colts.png

Jacksonville Jaguars

Same logos here, but new uniforms. Focused more on teal because it's a unique color. I loved BrandNStudio's idea of the sublimated spots, it's the best use of them I've seen, so I applied it to the helmet and pants. A modern jersey striping style with some piping and claw-esque marks. Green helmet because there's just too many black helmets.

Jaguars.png

Tennessee Titans

I really wanted to keep the navy, but as I did the concept it just became harder and harder to incorporate all three main colors. So I went with the Oilers colors, a light blue and rich red. I went with shoulder yokes, something I've done in a past concept for them. I really liked that shade of red so I went with an alternate of it. I also really like the circle with stars in it, so I used it on the helmet. I freakin' hate the flaming thumbtack so that went out the door.

Titans.png

spacer.png

All three look great. The sublimated spots were a great idea.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've really enjoyed all these and for the most part they're great. Coupla things:

-The powder blue is a little light on the Titans set, and isn't contrasting well with the red. One of the shades should be darker.

-I love the Jags print, I've been kicking that idea around awhile myself.

-I think you're getting a little cookie cutter with the pants-the hip logo with stripe underneath. With everything else you've done a great job of keeping things fresh so I think you can do that with the pants as well.

I've really enjoyed all these and for the most part they're great. Coupla things:

-The powder blue is a little light on the Titans set, and isn't contrasting well with the red. One of the shades should be darker.

-I think you're getting a little cookie cutter with the pants-the hip logo with stripe underneath. With everything else you've done a great job of keeping things fresh so I think you can do that with the pants as well.

I can see what you mean with the pants thing. I mean I guess it's just Nike's template, they have the stripes end right there. It's like how the stripes on the pants currently go up all the way to the top, they're all pretty much the same, but they're not "cookie-cutter." It'll just take getting used to for people that the stripes won't extend the whole way.

I'll try and change it up though.

spacer.png

I can see what you mean with the pants thing. I mean I guess it's just Nike's template, they have the stripes end right there. It's like how the stripes on the pants currently go up all the way to the top, they're all pretty much the same, but they're not "cookie-cutter." It'll just take getting used to for people that the stripes won't extend the whole way.

I'll try and change it up though.

The stripes can go up all the way. Look at Clemson for example. They wear the Pro Combat template permanently, and their pants stripe goes all the way up. It can go either way, it just depends on the team and the concept.

I adore the Packers update, especially that green helmet. Chargers are particularly brilliant as well.

Me being the Denver sports fan I am, I have to insist that the Broncos belong in white pants, at the very least at home, and generally on the road as well (though that's more open to change). Pair some white pants with those orange tops you designed and it's a fantastic look. Also, I'm not sure why you made the base of the horse's head thicker? The logo seems a bit unbalanced now.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Here's my division, the NFC East, featuring my favorite team, Philly, and my most hated team, Dallas. Lots of throwbacks and calls to the past in this batch.

Also, a complete recap of finished teams is in the first post. Only 6 more to go!

Dallas Cowboys

This was by far the toughest for me to do. Not because I hate them, but because they don't have a lot of uniform history to draw upon. So I went with the yokes from the early 60's, with a bit of a modern twist. A single navy and silver finally. Emphasized the silver a little more, with a new alternate logo used on the chest, the state of Texas.

Cowboys.png

Philadelphia Eagles

Always tough to do your team, but I came up with what I think is the best option for the Iggles. Dropped black, too close to the midnight green (which, although I LOVE the kelly green jerseys, I think is a unique color and I like it a lot for Philly). So I just have green, gray, and white. I was inspired by the jerseys of the 80's for the uniforms, with a USC esque shoulder stripe (no way you could fit all those stripes on today's jerseys). For the throwback, I went with the jerseys of 1963, which I think turned out really well.

Eagles.png

New York Giants

Now we start to get a lot of changin'. I threw out the gray, it's already being used by two teams in the division (the two above, now) and wanted to make the unis look like the heyday of Lawrence Taylor. Those all-white uniforms were intimidating as hell. For the sleeve stripes, I was inspired by their early 60's triple stripe look, and tried to make it look a bit more modern. I actually replicated that uniform for the fauxback as well. The two newest things of course are the logo and wordmark, two of which I've done before. I hate their current logo, and loved the one before with the crazy amount of stripes making NY.

Giants.png

Washington Redskins

I did a big Redskins overhaul before (actually renaming them the Warriors) but didn't go as drastic this time. Revamped circle/feather logo and new wordmark to boot. I darkened the maroon a bit, and actually had a more pure shade of yellow, but once I did the fauxback and saw that muted shade, I was in love and applied it to the whole concept. I've always been a fan of two stripes of differing color, and the 'Skins did that design in the early 80's, so I added another modern twist on that, making them vertical stripes instead. Looks a bit like the Atari logo, but it wouldn't on the field. The fauxback is from 1972, a design I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Redskins.png

spacer.png

great logos for the Redskins. I also LOVE the Giants of New York script...but I'd love it even more if it was the New York Football Giants!!

with that said, I'm not really feeling any of the uniforms. side panels are a big no no for me, if you've ever seen any of my concepts, and the Cowboys colored panels need to go down to the sleeve as well.

but, those are just my opinions. still wonderful presentations, the fauxbacks are all money, and again, your custom logos are good enough, if not better than what the NFL has now

The only thing I don't like is that the Giants and Eagles fauxback jerseys are the exact same jersey, just in different colors.

The NFC East don't look too bad. I love the 3 fauxbacks, they are awesome. I think the Giants look the best in the divison. It is good to see matching home and aways, and that is one cool looking NY logo. The Cowboys are pretty good too. Finally the color mess has been fixed. The Redskins look ok. I like the new striping pattern, but the stripes on the socks should be separted to match the rest of the uniform. The new numbers go with the modern feel, but I do not like that wordmark, there is just something about it. The new logo is ok, but seems a little jagged compared to the rest of the teams identity. Also, I feel it is pretty tough to top their current logo. As for the Eagles, I think they would look really good if you didn't drop the black. I like the shoulder stripes, but everything just looks so bland without the black.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Archived