N(ike)FL concepts

chestnutz

Great concepts, chestnutz. I love Bengals, Broncos, Titans, and Cowboys. The rest are really good too. Broncos concept is probably one of the best, if not THE best, concepts I've seen. You nailed it, man.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ravens: absolutely love everything about it

Bengals: I like the idea of NOT using tiger stripes, at least to some extent

Steelers: I like the helmet. I would like to see the fauxback pants stripe incorporated with the regular set's hip logo for the regular pants

Texans: hate it. It looks like a generic Eastbay basketball top.

Jaguars: absolutely love everything about it

Titans: yuck

SDC: I love their current look, so I would have to say this is a downgrade

Giants: I really like the home look, but that helmet is not working

Redskins: solid

Packers: I'm a strong proponent of a switch to forest-gold for them. Nice.

Falcons: see comment for Chargers

Saints: love the wordmark. Sublimated pinstripes? I like it.

Buccs: see comment for Chargers

Cardinals: love the sublimated AZ flag patterns

ujsignature.png

Wonder job on these concepts.

As a Cowboys fan, you did great justice to them.

IMO, I would still keep the classic white unis they wear, still a great job.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Wonder job on these concepts.

As a Cowboys fan, you did great justice to them.

IMO, I would still keep the classic white unis they wear, still a great job.

Ahh, totally forgot about the whole white at home thing (which is surprising because I freakin' hate how they do that). The white jersey would obviously be worn at home.

Thank you all for the kind words and critiques. After I finish these next six teams, I'll likely come out with a big batch of updates based on your critiques, so keep them coming!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

These last 4 I'm not as keen on as your other stuff, mostly for opinion-based reasons. I love the Giants current look and just think your treatment makes them a little more generic looking, makes me think of Auburn. And the green you used for the Eagles looks awfully black, but it may just be my screen. I do like the pale shade of yellow you used for the 'Skins. As always really solid execution and presentation.

Here we go with the AFC East. Tried to give the division some variety, because if you think about it they've all had pretty similar looks (red and blue, Pats and Bills; green, Dolphins and Jets; all have had white helmets before)

Buffalo Bills were done before, can be seen here. Plan on doing a huge overhaul of that one so stay tuned.

Miami Dolphins

Few changes here: dropped the navy, lightened the colors, and just went for a general 70's feel. I think those colors and their whole identity is a 70's theme, almost like the Flint Tropics, and really embraced it. Hearkened back to the '73 undefeated team uniforms. Slightly tweaked logos. Used the sun burst pattern sublimated on the bottom of the sleeves, almost like a wave effect as well. The rest is pretty self explanatory, overall retro look.

Dolphins.png

New England Patriots

Kept the navy and silver look. Always wanted to go with the red and white helmet, but I didn't want too many white helmets in the division. So I really worked with navy and silver mostly, with red as a trim. Striping mimics the flow of the logo, a bit modern. Fauxback from 1984.

Patriots.png

New York Jets

I've done the Jets several times, each with a different look. I went back to the simple days, with a focus on the small streaking jet, and new NY logo. That streaking jet goes on the helmet, a look I've always thought would be awesome. Similar jersey design to what they rock now, with the outer most stripe continuing down the side panel. AFL throwback jersey.

Jets-1.png

Three more teams, Cleveland, St. Louis, and Seattle.

spacer.png

Very nice stuff! That Miami one is fantastic, probably my favorite so far. Great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I love the eagles but I wonder if there is an opportunity to take the pointy graphics and make subtle wing indents to make them team specific

Here's my division, the NFC East, featuring my favorite team, Philly, and my most hated team, Dallas. Lots of throwbacks and calls to the past in this batch.

Also, a complete recap of finished teams is in the first post. Only 6 more to go!

Dallas Cowboys

This was by far the toughest for me to do. Not because I hate them, but because they don't have a lot of uniform history to draw upon. So I went with the yokes from the early 60's, with a bit of a modern twist. A single navy and silver finally. Emphasized the silver a little more, with a new alternate logo used on the chest, the state of Texas.

Cowboys.png

Philadelphia Eagles

Always tough to do your team, but I came up with what I think is the best option for the Iggles. Dropped black, too close to the midnight green (which, although I LOVE the kelly green jerseys, I think is a unique color and I like it a lot for Philly). So I just have green, gray, and white. I was inspired by the jerseys of the 80's for the uniforms, with a USC esque shoulder stripe (no way you could fit all those stripes on today's jerseys). For the throwback, I went with the jerseys of 1963, which I think turned out really well.

Eagles.png

New York Giants

Now we start to get a lot of changin'. I threw out the gray, it's already being used by two teams in the division (the two above, now) and wanted to make the unis look like the heyday of Lawrence Taylor. Those all-white uniforms were intimidating as hell. For the sleeve stripes, I was inspired by their early 60's triple stripe look, and tried to make it look a bit more modern. I actually replicated that uniform for the fauxback as well. The two newest things of course are the logo and wordmark, two of which I've done before. I hate their current logo, and loved the one before with the crazy amount of stripes making NY.

Giants.png

Washington Redskins

I did a big Redskins overhaul before (actually renaming them the Warriors) but didn't go as drastic this time. Revamped circle/feather logo and new wordmark to boot. I darkened the maroon a bit, and actually had a more pure shade of yellow, but once I did the fauxback and saw that muted shade, I was in love and applied it to the whole concept. I've always been a fan of two stripes of differing color, and the 'Skins did that design in the early 80's, so I added another modern twist on that, making them vertical stripes instead. Looks a bit like the Atari logo, but it wouldn't on the field. The fauxback is from 1972, a design I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Redskins.png

Not crazy about the Skins logo or the road/home sets.

The 1972 throwback is perfection though, even though I'd prefer the gold facemask despite not being accurate to the remainder of the uniform from that era.

Eagles look as good as they can without using Kelly Green. The alt's jersey looks like a green version of the current Giants white jersey.

Cowboys look great and finally match.

I like the 1970ish retro helmet logo for the Jersey Giants. However, when I look at their uniforms, I see a clone of Auburn, which is still an improvement on the mess they're wearing in real life now.

87Redskins.png

Alright, my bandwidth will reset the 25th, so pics should be back up then.

In the meantime, I'm done with the Hawks, Rams, and Browns, and am working on (some major and some minor) updates for about nine teams, based on your C&C. So all of those should be up on the 25th. Thanks for your patience and comments, all helping me make the perfect Nike NFL!

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Have to be honest, as I Dolphins fan I absolutely hate the color choices. I simply like the boldness of the present colors a whole lot more than the limp-wristed pastels you chose (the old colors, by the way, were never that light).

cttdolphins2.png

• 3 months later...

Well folks, I'm back and rebooting this series.

Last time we left off, I had three teams remaining to post: the Browns, Seahawks, and Rams. For some reason I never got around to posting them, even though they've been done for ages.

But football is back in action, and I'm reerin' to go for the season. In fact, I couldn't help myself but want to do some gridiron with illy so here we go.

Now, I'm gonna go ahead and post every team again, division by division. Some may stay the same as before, some may get minor tweaks, some may have major overhauls. BUT that's not all folks, I've decided to test the waters with Fraser's amazing procombat template, so you'll get to see how these concepts look on paper and on a playa.

A REMINDER: all of the completed concepts can be seen in the first post. You'll notice the originals are there, as well as the updates and the procombat template.

Kicking it off with the NFC NORTH!

Chicago Bears

No updates here.

Bears2.png

Detroit Lions

Only update is I extended the pant stripe all the way to the top.

Lions2.png

Green Bay Packers

Got rid of the side panels and did the same on the pants as the Lions.

Packers2.png

Minnesota Vikings

No update.

Vikings.png

spacer.png

You gotta work on this template, man. Your TV numbers are far too forward in terms of placement on the shoulders. The stripes also end a bit awkwardly. As for my Lions, I like the general style of the unis, but they're kind of 'blah' when it comes to how they would look on the field. There's no contrast, really.

Archived