Player Illustrations

robbman21

I used mine and Buc's player action templates to make individual players that I then had made into prints and framed and gave to friends and family as Christmas gifts, and I thought I'd share them here with you all. If I do any more of these I'll add them as I go...enjoy!

Drew Brees

Brees.png

Jeremy Shockey

Shockey.png

Emmitt Smith

Emmitt.png

Peyton Manning

Peyton1.png

98Falcons.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo...those are pretty nifty, dude! Great way to capitalize on a good idea. I especially like that Seahawks one (I'll let you figure out why ^_^ ). And you actually took the time to draw out all those tats on Shockey? Amazing, dude. Good stuff.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Thanks so much bro! Yeah, the tats on Shockey were a B*%CH to get right!! I had to pull from 5 different pics to try to get all the different views and detail. Things like faceshields,wristbands,and other accessories weren't so bad because I'd already made some of them in my Alt Universe series, so I'd just copy them over and tweak them as needed. Mallet's knee brace wasn't a lot of fun to do, either.

And I made the Lombardi Trophy myself, so if anyone wants a vectored version now I have it. And I left the "Super Bowl" part as text so that you can easily edit the roman numerals.

98Falcons.png

For now, though I may expand into baseball because I have Buc's action temps for that and I've been working on my own for those as well, and I can just use autotrace to get the faces right. I've also been working on a series of hockey action temps, so that's a possibility. I would love to do basketball but it's difficult to use one standard pose and have it represent many different players like you can with football.

98Falcons.png

I used mine and Buc's player action templates to make individual players that I then had made into prints and framed and gave to friends and family as Christmas gifts, and I thought I'd share them here with you all. If I do any more of these I'll add them as I go...enjoy!

Emmitt Smith

Emmitt.png

this would make for an awesome poster on my wall.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

these are fairly well done, though i can tell you relied too heavily on the photo and im guessing traced them? the problem with that is even though you trace it perfectly, when converted to illustration the proportions get thrown off. hands look too small, legs look too short, etc. you've got to recognize those things and adjust accordingly. its best if you just use the photo as reference rather than a template, like below.

AAIU088Bob-Sanders-Posters.jpg

heres a photo i used as reference for a drawing. with these ill usually trace the helmet/head area and build the rest by just looking at the photo. for this particular one, some more areas were traced

Sanders__player_card_02_by_Addicted2Chaos.jpg

here you see i made adjustments to his right arm length, hand size, and right leg length. they are fairly large adjustments compared to the original photo, but in illustration it comes out "looking right".

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It's interesting that you pointed that out, I just trust that everyone knows they're viewing the subject at a perspective which compromises how certain part of the figure appear. My "safety/DB" template was built off of Bob Sanders actually.

98Falcons.png

The Welker one is really good.Wait so you made the Welker one for the lady that was going to be your mother-in-law's step-grandson?Wow,that is really confusing. :wacko:

musicalNote.gifAND I'M MY OWN GRANDPAAAA!!!musicalNote.gif

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived