Player Illustrations

robbman21

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot his hair!

??

More like you forgot the rest if his hair, it looks like he got a haircut and dreads instead of his huge poofy hair. But the execution is extremely good and the hair is fine, in my opinion. Once again good work

maehl.png

That was more a result of the reference pic that I looked at, which I think was actually from '08 as well, which had most of his hair behind him. The "dreads" you see is more of an effort to thicken up the curls I gave him. Trying to draw realistic looking hair in Illustrator is nothing short of a B*TCH, considering they dont make a "Polamalu brush" plug-in. Each strand you see was drawn individually...a very time-consuming process.

98Falcons.png

• 8 months later...

Here's something interesting that I thought I'd share with you all: Earlier in the week I started on a rendering of LSU corner Tyrann Mathieu in the new pro combats they were going to be wearing Saturday against Auburn. It's a simple design and so I got finished with about 95% of it really quickly, and then just before it was ready to unveil on the world, he and two teammates got suspended for failing a drug test, and thus he wouldn't even be wearing this uniform. Since he may be the best defensive playmaker in college football this year - and since these uniforms went over so well - I decided to finish the final tiny bit that I had left to do and post it here for public opinion/consumption. Enjoy!

Mathieu1.png

98Falcons.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived