Jersey change on the horizon for the Flames?

number9hockey

Agreed. If you clear out that diagonal "pedestal" stripe, and straighten the sleeve stripes, it's a top-notch look.

Though my ideal look for the Flames would be the pre-Edge jersey with that 1995-2000 font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

say what you want about their edge jerseys but they beat the heck out of these:

cgys-jokinen.jpg

I HATE how teams like the Flames, Oilers, and Islanders are going back to old uniforms. They are so freaking boring, and there's a reason they stopped using them. This is the 2010s not the 1970s. Modern is better

I think the striping patterns are fine on these jerseys, but I do think Calgary and Edmonton's vintage colour schemes are pretty dated.

...the Heritage Classic jerseys look hideous. Its bad enough they're using them for one game.

This coming from a fan of the Captain Highliner Islanders jersey. :rolleyes:

I can understand why you disagree about my idea about the use of the coat of arms. I wouldn't mind a return to the flaming snot horse as a shoulder patch, but I'm sure you'll disagree with that too.

Nope, the Flaming horse head looked great as shoulder patch. One thing you and I agree on is that the 2003-2007 design needs to come back. Just with the horse head on the shoulders instead of municipal and provincial logos. ^_^

Oh and the Captain Highliner jerseys look great, Im not ashamed to admit. Own both the home and away.

I HATE how teams like the Flames, Oilers, and Islanders are going back to old uniforms. They are so freaking boring, and there's a reason they stopped using them. This is the 2010s not the 1970s.

And there is a reason they are going back to them. The Edge uniforms for all three of these teams were horrible.

Modern is better

No, "better" is better. The fact that a design is retro or modern, isn't what makes it good.

At least the Edge jerseys are unique. How many teams have just plain stripes? I guess you people would be happy if every team used that template and just switched the colors accordingly.

Browsing the nhl websites today and was on Calgary's page when I notices all of the backgrounds were of their vintage 3rd jersey and a few away whites. Refreshed the pages a few times seeing if I'd get there current home but never did. Is it a sign of the future direction of their uniforms?

I think you're reading way too much into that. I believe they're wearing their retro thirds against Montreal on New Year's Eve, so that's probably the only reason.

Very much could be, however I've never heard of teams changing theirs backgrounds just for a game in which their wearing their 3rd. My speculation is based on the same as Florida who has done that same, and it is much noted their desire to make the switch to their thirds.

The Penguins website usually changes.

KISSwall09.jpg

474.jpg

That stripe pattern looks like seat fabric that you would find on a old Canadian Airlines plane. It's absolutely awful.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those. I never understood the striping coming up on the angle though.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I HATE how teams like the Flames, Oilers, and Islanders are going back to old uniforms. They are so freaking boring, and there's a reason they stopped using them. This is the 2010s not the 1970s.

And there is a reason they are going back to them. The Edge uniforms for all three of these teams were horrible.

Modern is better

No, "better" is better. The fact that a design is retro or modern, isn't what makes it good.

At least the Edge jerseys are unique. How many teams have just plain stripes? I guess you people would be happy if every team used that template and just switched the colors accordingly.

You really don't get it, do you? Because a design is is "unique," does not mean it looks good. I guess you would be happy if every team used a hodge-podge of colored panels and piping. Aesthetics be damned!

Modern is better

Was Calgary's addition of black "unique"? Or would using the red/yellow scheme be unique? I'd say the latter. I happen to love that uniform...the addition of black made for yet another black/red team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

...the Heritage Classic jerseys look hideous. Its bad enough they're using them for one game.

This coming from a fan of the Captain Highliner Islanders jersey. :rolleyes:

I can understand why you disagree about my idea about the use of the coat of arms. I wouldn't mind a return to the flaming snot horse as a shoulder patch, but I'm sure you'll disagree with that too.

Nope, the Flaming horse head looked great as shoulder patch. One thing you and I agree on is that the 2003-2007 design needs to come back. Just with the horse head on the shoulders instead of municipal and provincial logos. ^_^

Oh and the Captain Highliner jerseys look great, Im not ashamed to admit. Own both the home and away.

Yes, the 2003-2007 design for home and away does need to be brought back! The best set of jerseys this franchise has ever had. For me, what makes the horsehead a great secondary logo for the shoulder is the amount of yellow used in it. There is a place for the current thirds, and they should continue to use them as is.

The Heritage Classic Flames jersey also looks great, and I am not not ashamed to admit that I own one. They are truly unique in hockey and are a great representation of the 1920's era of the sport. I am especially happy that they will wear the almost white pants with them!

rs87iqg11zm7t9owz3uzqabzt.gif

Here is a picture of the Calgary Tigers uniform that the Flames based their design off of:

Barney_Stanley.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgary_Tigers

I agree that team have changed or added to their websites, however, they don't for a game (excluding winter classic is suppose) usually if they change it they leave it for an extended period of time. And I know florida has had their website with 3rds since at least the start of the season

Yes, the 2003-2007 design for home and away does need to be brought back! The best set of jerseys this franchise has ever had. For me, what makes the horsehead a great secondary logo for the shoulder is the amount of yellow used in it. There is a place for the current thirds, and they should continue to use them as is.

Even if they eliminated the side panels and put the flaming horse as secondary logos I think it would clean up their jerseys

i have no problems with the current flames set except for the stupid flags on the shoulders! i really dislike the use of throwback jerseys as anything but alternates. i want to see what designers can come up with to create new looks with jerseys but with people bashing just about everything new i understand why teams go with something older looking. The flames jerseys since they added black have all been really interesting, the diagonal stripe, the flaming horse, the black C and then the Edge set. there is nothing wrong with the jerseys but people seem to bash them regardless, i think most of them look really cool and i wish more teams would try and come up with new ideas like the flames have over the years

At least the Edge jerseys are unique. How many teams have just plain stripes? I guess you people would be happy if every team used [the same] template and just switched the colors accordingly.

Is this not exactly what the Lightning, Senators and Penguins do with their current jerseys?

Is the only difference between Panthers and Oilers template the fact that Edmonton forgot to fill in their panels?

Is the hideous Bib template with Front piping not used by three teams that previous had unique striping patterns? (Predators, Avalanche and Thrashers away)

Do the Flames and Sabres not use a template with pit stains and piping that ends for no reason?

Your arguement holds no water, sorry.

Archived