Goodbye various coaches

nash61

If I'm Bo Schembechler, I make it very clear that the next Michigan coach needs to win at LEAST as many games as RichRod did over his three seasons in 2011 or he is out the door. One needs standards to strive towards.

No, if you're Bo Schembechler, you died in 2006.

What kind of troll feed do you buy? It seems to be working pretty good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm Bo Schembechler, I make it very clear that the next Michigan coach needs to win at LEAST as many games as RichRod did over his three seasons in 2011 or he is out the door. One needs standards to strive towards.

Just for that, your ass is haunted too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What kind of troll feed do you buy? It seems to be working pretty good.

Quibbles and Fits. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

They also need to learn their lesson from the Les Miles situation and actually pony up the cash for a good coach. The best guys aren't going to work for what they give Rich Rod.

Umm... what are you talking about? Les Miles isn't Michigan's coach right now because he was hated by the previous regime (Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin). Also, do you not remember the 4 million dollars it took to buy Rich Rod out from his contract with WV? Trust me, money has nothing to do with the reason Rich Rod is coach.

And for the record, my Michigan coaching short list looks like this:

1-5: Jimothy Harbaugh

6a: Rich Rodriguez + firing everyone associated with that defense and praying that it was all Greg Robinson's fault.

6b: Brady Hoke

3789: Les Miles

Honestly, Harbaugh is the only guy you yank Rodriguez for. And you only sack Rodriguez if you have Harbaugh signed. A Brady Hoke hire would be a sign that the inmates are running the asylum at a terminally harmful level and the inbred groupthink is at Notre Dame levels.

What are the odds of Harbaugh turning down the NFL to go to Michigan? I don't imagine there will be any shortage of NFL teams chasing him. Elway is taking over as the Broncos Vice President of Football Operations and I read last night that one of his first orders of business is to try and get Harbaugh.

IUe6Hvh.png

WOTS is that RichRod had a meeting with U of M AD Dave Brandon at noon and a team meeting is scheduled tonight for 7 PM.

Base on the information out there right now, if I were to put odds on who the next University of Michigan football coach will be, it would look like this:

Brady Hoke - 75%

Jim Harbaugh - 20%

Other - 5%

WOTS is that RichRod had a meeting with U of M AD Dave Brandon at noon and a team meeting is scheduled tonight for 7 PM.

Base on the information out there right now, if I were to put odds on who the next University of Michigan football coach will be, it would look like this:

Brady Hoke - 75%

Jim Harbaugh - 20%

Other - 5%

If Harbaugh is smart he'll either stay at Stanford or take the Michigan gig. Someone needs to sit the guy down and show him the track record of college head coaches who jumped to the NFL.

BB52Big.jpg

Brady Hoke - 75%

Jim Harbaugh - 20%

Other - 5%

This is hilarious. Indiana's going to have a better coach than Michigan for the first time in living memory, if not forever. Enjoy the Notre Dame flameout trajectory boys.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just a quick update... Apparently, RR has not been officially fired yet and as of 4:30PM, he was still in the meeting with David Brandon...

EDIT: NO OFFICIAL DECISION HAS OR WILL BE MADE TODAY ON RR. HOWEVER, IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT IT IS A DONE DEAL, AS THE 7PM MEETING HAS BEEN MOVED TO 4PM TOMORROW. PRESS CONFERENCE WILL LIKELY OCCUR THURSDAY.

Also, the Brady Hoke rumors picked up so much steam in the last 24 hours because the thinking was that Michigan is going to move quick in hiring a new a coach and with Harbaugh seemingly out of the picture, Hoke was the only "safe" "Michigan-man" available... Now the thinking is that the search may go longer than expected (one to two weeks or however long it takes Harbaugh to make his decision) and that Michigan may take a run at another top-tier hire (Harbaugh, Miles, Gruden, C. Petersen, G. Patterson are names being tossed around by the local media). I would suggest that the longer the search goes, the better the chance a higher profile coach will take the job.

There are an abundance of other rumors floating around from the president of the school not wanting to hire another high-profile coach because of how sour the RichRod experiment went to theories stating that Michigan is preparing to make an official presentation to Harbaugh, but that is nothing but pure speculation at this point.

If Harbaugh is smart he'll either stay at Stanford or take the Michigan gig. Someone needs to sit the guy down and show him the track record of college head coaches who jumped to the NFL.

I think he is a different bird though. His dad and brother have had success in the NFL and he has even more potential than his brother does. Stanford was the best coached team in DI this year. Look at the clinic he put on the Virginia Tech defense last night.

I will say, it is scary how good of a job he has done at Stanford considering the "handicap" that is the academic standards there. You get him at a bigger program and he has the potential to pull top-3 recruiting classes year in and year out.

This is hilarious. Indiana's going to have a better coach than Michigan for the first time in living memory, if not forever. Enjoy the Notre Dame flameout trajectory boys.

If Brady Hoke is hired as Michigan's next coach, I could definitely see that happening.

Also, where does RR land? Does he have the stones to take that Pittsburgh job?

It's really a perfect fit for RR and Pitt. Not to mention how great would the backyard brawl be next season?

I think the Big East or ACC would be a better fit for RR, it would definitely be better than Michigan!

Also, where does RR land? Does he have the stones to take that Pittsburgh job?

If Pitt won't even give Penn State DC/Behind the scenes Head Coach Tom Bradley(who has Pitt ties via his father & brother) a phone call, there is no way in hell they would hire RichRod.

Archived