NHL Guardian Project

nash61

The King is pretty neat, and the Hurricane looks pretty cool. I don't think he needs the wacky Shaun White hair-do though :P

Anyways, I'm interested to see how some of these will look, particularly teams like the Stars, Avalanche, Canucks, Canadiens, and Capitals. My random guesses are that The Star could be a Gambit-like character who throws energy charged stars or something, Avalanche will be a yeti-like Beast sort of character, Canuck will be a lumberjack (I don't know if he can recreate Johnny Canuck, seeing as how he may not have the rights to do so), and the Canadien and Capital will be sort of like a Captain Canada and Captain America based sort of thing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be disappointed if the Blue doesn't have an orichalcum saxophone or trombone with which to club felons and maniacs bent on world domination.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll be disappointed if the Blue doesn't have an orichalcum saxophone or trombone with which to club felons and maniacs bent on world domination.

no dummy, he plays it and with his kick ass jazz music he shoots blue and yellow laser beams from the bell. I thought you knew comics. :P

from what I can tell from the outline the Blue Jackets guy will be some cannon wielding robot. As long as he's not this

ept_sports_nhl_experts-51005217-1292280971.jpg?ymLiDPEDHb.DPcmi

then I'll be happy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^ The guy labelled as Wild in that image is actually the Duck. The spear is the giveaway, and if you look carefully you can see a duck-like mask. Meanwhile, the one labelled Coyotes is actually the Wild.

500th post. Go me.

Congrats on the 500th post. And these are ridiculous and weird but cool. There's something 90's about it.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

People are able to vote for which Guardian is revealed next, but it appears that the NHL is ignoring the results. The Thrasher won last night, but instead we got the Hurricane. Here are some quotes from the Guardian Project's facebook page

"Lame, and last time I checked it was down in votes."

"Thrashers were robbed! What a bunch of B.S. This is a gimme to the Canes because they are hosting the all-star game! Booo NHL for being transparent."

"Not bad... but yeah: where the hell is the Thrasher? I voted for him."

"What? How did the Hurricane get this? The Thrashers were leading in voting!"

"As a die-hard thrashers fan. I am PISSED. I spent the last couple of weeks voting for this just so I could get screwed by the NHL. This bull :censored: clown pedophile beat my team?

This is crap"

"As a Thrashers fan, I want a recount."

"I heard the Thrashers one has the super-power of filling Philips Arena with fans but that can't be right. Nothing can do that."

"WTF HAPPENED TO THE THRASHERS!!! They were leading by a WIDE margin last time i checked, and i was really looking forward to seeing them today, and i get home, and this??!! thanks, NHL for riggin the voting to the team who is hosting the All Star Game so their feelings wont get hurt when they would have been the last team voted on!"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

looks like some creepy anime character

As someone who frequently watches anime, I have to disagree. I've never seen anything remotely resembling this.

He reminds me more of Mortal Kombat's Scorpion.

It reminded me of Ermac.

spacer.png

JAN 4- The Blackhawk

169093_173447249360215_156199747751632_344947_4199586_n.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

Think the "6" button on his chest will be on all of the Original Six teams?

are those rotor blades on his back? Just asking because I don't understand where the practicality of that suit comes into play. If he's flying with his helicopter backpack then he better not kick his legs past his back or he's gonna lose a foot. He better not lift his head too high or he'll lose the top of his skull. Basically he has to fly with his head, arms, and legs dangling and that doesn't look cool. That looks like you've drowned. And he controls the wind? I thought the Hurricane controlled the wind.

Not a lot of depth to these eh?

"what's LA?" "they're the Kings" "Okay, stay with me here. He's a king with king-like powers and make him look "kingy"" "you're a genius, Mr. Lee"

PvO6ZWJ.png

are those rotor blades on his back? Just asking because I don't understand where the practicality of that suit comes into play. If he's flying with his helicopter backpack then he better not kick his legs past his back or he's gonna lose a foot. He better not lift his head too high or he'll lose the top of his skull. Basically he has to fly with his head, arms, and legs dangling and that doesn't look cool. That looks like you've drowned.

Apparently the wings are like a Dragonfly's.

FLIGHT IS MIGHT.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So who are these guys suppose to be fighting.

The evil Emperor Stern?

I was gonna go with the LebronJamesMonster

The Florida Panther will be the most irrelevant hero... until he tells the other 29 where the LebronJamesMonster's secret hideout in Miami is

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived