NHL Guardian Project

nash61

JAN 5- The Sabre

168105_173710896000517_156199747751632_346257_4933143_n.jpg

At least he doesn't have the Buffaslug on his chest

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, powers so far:

PIT- Ice

LA- Earthquakes

CAR- Weather

CHI- Wind

BUF- Water

PHI- Mind

CAL- Fire

Some other team - Heart

Go Planet!

:hockeysmiley: <-- an extra emoticon so people don't get confused about the tone of this post. ;)

Well I can't wait for the waffle tossing Leafs character...

I saw, I came, I left.

The Flyer. "A master of telekinesis and mind control with a granite chin."

Not to mention... a pair of giant f***ing wings and taloned fingers!!!

Good Lord, these are awful.

Excelsior!

Stan totally ripped those powers off from Wonderboy. He could kill a yak from 300 yards with MIND BULLETS. That's telekinesis, homes. That's the power....to move you.

Now, I expect the next "hero" to be similar to young Nasty Man. Fligadigdoo, fligadigdoo.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oh look, another Ice portfolio. Please let the Blue be Cyclops.

Is it me or does The Oiler remind of The Juggernaut?

It's not you...bitch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What do you know!?! Another Guardian that controls the weather! :rolleyes:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Anyone else think Stan shat all of these out during one of his Sunday morning constitutionals? These are goddamned turrble.

Agreed. It is sad to see one of the founding figures of the American comic-book industry reduced to making cameos in Marvel Studios motion pictures and churning out pathetic dreck like this.

God! These almost make Stripperella seem inspired.

At least these are Stan Lee, though. If Dan DiDio had his way, there'd be 15 Guardians' girlfriends chopped to bits and left in the fridge for them to find or 15 Guardians' significant others raped by Dr. Light.

I would imagine that this is more someone asking Stan if he wants money for attaching his name to some stupid NHL superheros, and him saying yes. I think it's highly unlikely that he actually invested any time at all into creating these "characters."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wintery Weather Patterns....and oil manipulation. It's like Oil Manipulation is an ironic afterthought. What is it with all this weather stuff? I get it with the Hurricane, maybe the Penguin, but now it's just overkill.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wintery Weather Patterns....and oil manipulation. It's like Oil Manipulation is an ironic afterthought. What is it with all this weather stuff? I get it with the Hurricane, maybe the Penguin, but now it's just overkill.

And we've still got the Avalanche and Lightning to go. Possibly the Maple Leaf and the Canadien too. Just a Wild guess.

Although in the Penguin's case, it's not so much controlling the weather, but just happens to have ice-based powers. Seems fitting enough for a team with that name, but along with his being unveiled first, his fairly bland design and the fact that the Pens are the NHL's favourite team to publicise, I'm wondering if he was intended to hold the "poster boy," or the generic lead hero status.

This little snippet from his Bio probably gives it away:

Of all the Guardians, the Penguin is the least willing to be placed into a box. He considers himself a renaissance man, able to adapt to a variety of conditions

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So, if the Oiler manipulates oil, can I blame him for high gas prices?

No, but you can blame him for the Deepwater Horizon explosion.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

someone want to tell the NHL where edmonton is located... this is from the oilers bio

"The Oiler" is serious in a way that only a guy living on the outskirts of the most northern Canadian metropolis can be. He's gritty and tough like the roughneck oilrig workers he mostly associates with. He loves getting his hands dirty and not only doesn't he shy away from hard, physical work, he relishes it. He spends a majority of his time roaming the Northwest Territories. He's most happy when he's exploring the vast northern wilderness.

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

someone want to tell the NHL where edmonton is located... this is from the oilers bio

"The Oiler" is serious in a way that only a guy living on the outskirts of the most northern Canadian metropolis can be. He's gritty and tough like the roughneck oilrig workers he mostly associates with. He loves getting his hands dirty and not only doesn't he shy away from hard, physical work, he relishes it. He spends a majority of his time roaming the Northwest Territories. He's most happy when he's exploring the vast northern wilderness.

I suppose they think that Toronto is in Manitoba, too.

Whoo-hoo, 100th post in my own thread

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived