Dwayne Roloson Mask mishmatch

NJTank

Pads are all custom fit, custom sized, customed colored. It takes a while until they're completed, then the goalie usually wears them in practice to break them in before using them in a game. Same case for masks. The foam padding is custom molded to their head. These things can't happen overnight. Yes it looks a little weird, but that's the nature of getting traded. I'm sure it's already uncomfortable enough going to a brand new team, without having ill-fitting equipment on top of that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Ducks and Kings completed their first ever trade with each other in 2008, the Ducks received Jean-Sebastien Aubin from the Kings and it caused this horrific monstrousity:

a80393862aa.jpg

Yuk. Good thing he never played a game for the Ducks and this was only seen in warmups

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There are North American goalies in the KHL who still don't have their new masks 5 months into the season. 3 days is nothing to complain about. One just has to look at Dan Cloutier to see how a change in masks can outright ruin one's career. I'm sure Rolo isn't worried about his mask clashing for a while if it means he's comfortable.

BUT WE DON'T CARE IF THEY"RE COMFORTABLE OR IF IT TAKES TIME TO DO IT LOOKS STUPID AND THEY SHOULD HAVE MASKS OF ALL 30 TEAMS READY TO GO SO WE NEVER HAVE TO SEE THIS AGAIN OH MY EYES THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOh for crap's sake, I can't do this anymore. Sports logo message board or not, some of you people need to remove the collective sticks from your asses about little things like this. He'll have it repainted by the "All-Star" break.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jhonas Enroth in Portland Pirates gear after being called up:

610x.jpg

I can understand that a little more, since the Portland Pirates are affiliated with the Sabres. So they are basically the same organization but at different levels. I think that's a lot different than wearing a logo of a team you are in direct competition with.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

And Osaverage had a whole summer to get new pads etc...

he was waived at the start of the season so this is not true

Thats right nobody wanted to trade for him. The Isled picked up off the waiver wire on Sept. 28th before the season began.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

He never actually played a game for them (traded to Flames almost immediately for Curtis McElhinney), but I found this gem.

96847460.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5C227E7A0A05E638958839449E2FA3DF8202063A82B56A60BE30A760B0D811297

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is the worst mismatch in the history of the National Hockey League.

Sadly, these pads are actually for this team...

Sadly, these are too...

Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Florida+Panthers+k3hpRCv7BTvl.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived