Chazberg's NFL ProCombat thread

Chazberg

I'm throwing my hat into the Pro Combat concept ring, starting off with the Broncos. The well-publicized news that they will be returning to orange jerseys made me look to their earlier years for inspiration, to the 60's particularly. With the new technologies available in fabrics that Nike has developed, we've been afforded some new avenues to express creativity in a uniform, which I don't think is a bad thing. Thus, somewhat in the spirit of Nike, I've added a sumblimated rocky mountain pattern, which I included in the numbers, compression shirt and pants stripe, to give the uniform a little 'Mile High' spice. I'll be adding some more concepts soon, though I do work rather slowly...

Please let me know what you think! Thanks

broncosprocombatconcept.jpg

pantsdetail-1.jpg

I would leave the design off of the numbers. Other than that, it looks good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pretty cool, I love the idea actually. But the thing I don't like about the sublimated pattern is it really kills the brilliance of the colors on the striping. The blue and orange both come across as really pale which clashes with the rest of the uniform IMO. If there is a way you could fix that and keep the sublimated pattern that would be real cool.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I would leave the design off of the numbers. Other than that, it looks good.

Ditto. Love the unis but would be best to leave the design off the numbers.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I love absolutely everything about this update... except for the sublimated pattern. Seems like something a more "trendy" team would do, like the Seahawks or a team based in LA. Maybe it's more wishful thinking on my part, but I'd like to think that when the Broncos return to orange that they'll be recalling a bit of history and traditional design, and I think the pattern conflicts with that. Basically, I think the pattern would be a great fit on some other teams, but I just don't think it fits here. Personal opinion, your mileage may vary, etc.

I love everything else about the concept though, including the updated wordmark and numbers. I like the shades of orange and blue that you chose as well.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

That's a pretty nice concept. I like your template as well. That 3/4 view of the pants is exactly what I was looking for when I made my template.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Pretty cool, I love the idea actually. But the thing I don't like about the sublimated pattern is it really kills the brilliance of the colors on the striping. The blue and orange both come across as really pale which clashes with the rest of the uniform IMO. If there is a way you could fix that and keep the sublimated pattern that would be real cool.

I totally agree, I liked the idea but was frustrated by the shades of sky blue and pale orange it created. I may mess with it more to try to get the pattern to just two tones, but maybe I'll just leave it to the compression sleeves.

I suppose this probably does look stronger, at least the numbers do for sure without the pattern.

broncosprocombatconcept2.jpg

This is solid over all and I agree about the numbers, but your original pants nailed the goal of being unique without being tacky. That made this an innovative concept.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Continuing with the AFC West, here's my Chargers set. Didn't break a lotta ground on this one, namely because I think there's not a lot that needed fixing. I did away with the navy blue and went back to the original color scheme, because I think the whole two-tone blue thing is trendy (I'm looking at you Buffalo). I like the current number font, but cut it down to just 1 layer of trim. I added a pair of powder blue pants on the road, which I'm shocked I haven't seen in a concept before. I added a single color uni number (matching font) on the helmet under the bolt, since I always thought there was too much negative space without it.

Tried to just make a clean and consistent set, and as you can probably tell I'm into jersey/pant cohesion and mirroring home and road looks.

The one progressive thing I added was the lightning image on the compression shirt, with the idea of mimicking the art on the end zone wall and giving the set a little texture.

ChargersProCombatconcept.jpg

Continuing with the AFC West, here's my Chargers set. Didn't break a lotta ground on this one, namely because I think there's not a lot that needed fixing. I did away with the navy blue and went back to the original color scheme, because I think the whole two-tone blue thing is trendy (I'm looking at you Buffalo). I like the current number font, but cut it down to just 1 layer of trim. I added a pair of powder blue pants on the road, which I'm shocked I haven't seen in a concept before. I added a single color uni number (matching font) on the helmet under the bolt, since I always thought there was too much negative space without it.

Tried to just make a clean and consistent set, and as you can probably tell I'm into jersey/pant cohesion and mirroring home and road looks.

The one progressive thing I added was the lightning image on the compression shirt, with the idea of mimicking the art on the end zone wall and giving the set a little texture.

ChargersProCombatconcept.jpg

Nice work.

Hey, I would just like to say (IMO) so far you're putting out the best NFL pro-combat series yet.

I think your broncos concept is the best I've seen for them. It does a great job a being modern, unique (in a subtle way), and simple while also incorporating throwbacks/past elemnts from Broncos uniform history. Good job although you could probably make the number font smaller and thicken the outlines a bit.

The chargers....I kinda miss the dark blue, but your concept is still well put together. Again it does good with combining modern and past elements. In regards to the dark blue, although many professional teams have implemented the double blue outta trend sake, I know the Chargers owner prefered the navy but the fans like the light blue so they used both to appease all.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

That Chargers concept is epic win.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived