Hershey Bears Back-to-Back Championship Jerseys

BostonBlazer

These have to be the most distasteful jerseys I've ever seen, not that it wasn't done well, but because of how it seems the Bears are giving the message that they're so great. They won back to back championships, one against the Manitoba Moose and the other against the Texas Stars. They have the Moose and Stars logos on the jerseys shoulders. The chest logo shows the bear holding two Calder Cups.

H1030_0415copy.jpg

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/boastful-bears-disgrace-rich-heritage-113062849.html

It just looks dumb regardless of how cocky it may be.

Agreed 100 per cent. It looks dumb and makes the Bears - one of the more storied teams in the league - look completely bush.

But how does the AHL let crap like this slide? Is no one in the league office paying any attention to what the teams are doing?

Do I find it arrogant/cocky? Yes. Would I do it? No. Does it offend me? No. Would it offend me as a player or a member of the other organization? No. What would I say if I was a player and played against them, "Did you guys just become our minor league affiliate? Huh, must've missed that press release. Welcome aboard boys. I can't wait until you get called up here to the big club!"

It just looks dumb regardless of how cocky it may be.

Agreed 100 per cent. It looks dumb and makes the Bears - one of the more storied teams in the league - look completely bush.

But how does the AHL let crap like this slide? Is no one in the league office paying any attention to what the teams are doing?

Clearly you are unfamiliar with the powerless nature of the AHL's leadership.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not a big fan of the opponent's patches on the shoulders, but I don't mind a commemorative back to back jersey. In fact, I wouldn't mind a commemorative 9 (or is it 10?) time Calder Cup champs jersey.

...then again, I'm a former season ticket holder of the Hershey Bears. I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of the team, however, just a fan of the game. I had tickets for the NHL lockout season, so I got to see some pretty good talent in the AHL.

Very reminiscent of what baseball teams used to wear the season after a championship:

3369612315_9f793091ca.jpg

Not really. Those type of uniforms celebrate the team's accomplishment. The Hershey sweaters don't celebrate their back to back league championships so much as they are designed to belittle their opponents. Not the same thing.

I like it.

I bet your position on the matter would change if, say, the Phillies wore Tampa Bay Rays patches following their 2008 World Series win.

Archived