Hershey Bears Back-to-Back Championship Jerseys

BostonBlazer

I bet your position on the matter would change if, say, the Phillies wore Tampa Bay Rays patches following their 2008 World Series win.

Not really. The Phillies won the World Series that year, therefore they had the right to brag the next year.

In fact, I'd even be fine if the Raiders wore a patch to commemorate their sweep of the Chargers next year. They'd just look silly while we're routing them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That being said, what an awesome color scheme...

Couldn't agree more.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Hershey only wins because there's no salary cap in the AHL. Their best players aren't superstar prospects who are going to make it big in the NHL, they are career minor leaguers, AAAA-guys who get signed to big money (for the minor leagues) contracts by Hershey (NOT their parent club). The commissioner of the AHL himself has even said he wishes he could do something about this but aside from the veteran rule (which limits the amount of players a team can dress for each game that have over a certain number of professional games played), he admits that he will never get the PHPA (the minor league union) to agree to a salary cap.

I hate their fans too, they're a bunch of arrogant douchebags who think the team is supposed to win no matter what and get pissed off when the Capitals (or whoever) call up their players.

1zgyd8w.jpg

i think the logo is pretty nice, but not as a primary. maybe as a commemorative shoulder patch, although if it just happened, i dont see why you'd need to keep celebrating it.

that said, why the eff would you want to advertise other teams on your uniform? thats just dumb. and it is bush league to dump on opponents like that, there's no need to be a sore winner.

Hershey only wins because there's no salary cap in the AHL. Their best players aren't superstar prospects who are going to make it big in the NHL, they are career minor leaguers, AAAA-guys who get signed to big money (for the minor leagues) contracts by Hershey (NOT their parent club). The commissioner of the AHL himself has even said he wishes he could do something about this but aside from the veteran rule (which limits the amount of players a team can dress for each game that have over a certain number of professional games played), he admits that he will never get the PHPA (the minor league union) to agree to a salary cap.

I hate their fans too, they're a bunch of arrogant douchebags who think the team is supposed to win no matter what and get pissed off when the Capitals (or whoever) call up their players.

So 5 vets are enough to win massive numbers of games in the AHL. Right.

/Most minor league fans may express minor disgruntlement if the home team is doing well, only to get gutted by the parent. It's human nature.

//Also, you're a Chicago fan, correct? Glass houses much? :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So much mad!

Ever heard of Semyon Varlamov? Or maybe Michal Neuvirth? What about Mike Green? Or perhaps Tomas Fleischmann? Certainly you know of Eric Fehr? And how about Karl Alzner? Not even John Carlson?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Superstar prospects generally don't serve time in the AHL. The best guys on AHL assignments generally turn out to be second-line/pair guys at best. That being said, I'm pretty sure the quality of the AHL has gone up quite a bit since absorbing the remnants of the IHL. Back in the good old days of battles between little Maritime/New England towns, I don't think there was a lot happening.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My vote is that that's awesome.

Me too. If hockey players can't take some trash-talking, they need to join Disney on Ice.

Love it, Hershey. :notworthy:

Besides, I'm a hockey fan and even I can admit that "classy" and hockey don't often mix.

87Redskins.png

Here's their logo after the 2009 Calder Cup:

267fa_Hershey_Bears_Calder_Trophy.jpg

Before this new design (OP), they used this one on media stuff:

31866_398603134789_148926519789_4362971_7607914_n.jpg?w=241&h=216

Hey, they can brag all they want, they've won 11 Calder Cups (3 in last 5 years) and been in the AHL Finals 22 times (4 of last 5 years).

87Redskins.png

Archived