Kentucky Wildcats

nuordr

You're being anti-traditional for the sake of annoying those who like it. For what it's worth though:

*sits and eats popcorn

popcorn.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow you're serious. The white pants look so much better and I think most people would agree with me. You need the white pants to break up the big blue blobs we're looking at.

I like their uniforms. It's kind of a modern spin on a traditional uniform.

Your damn right I'm serious. I love the all-blue look and there are many other UK fans that say the same thing, well the ones in my season ticket seating section at least. I would put this look right there with the ugly set from the Tim Couch era.

Those white helmets looked pretty good if you ask me.

I guess I am just not old-fashioned like many people on this board. I am also a Browns fan and I would rather see them wear this beautiful set then their plain white pants.

You're not "old fashioned" but you want the Browns to go back to a uniform that they haven't worn full time since 1983. That's funny.

Really? Well I like these looks to, so see if you agree with my statement now?

1. The Vikings set they wear now with purple on purple.

2. The Bills set they wear now.

3. I would like for the Browns to put something on their helmet, just to damn plain.

4. I hate the San Francisco 49ers uniform, too blah.

5. I believe the Kansas City Chiefs need to modernize.

6. The Cowboys need to color coordinate their uniform.

7. I like the Denver Broncos look and hope they never change it.

8. I like the new Arizona look (besides the black).

9. I like the Falcons look, they should never go back to the red helmet.

10. I believe the Dolphins need to modernize.

11. I love the all-black Saints and Ravens look.

12. Last but not least, I believe the Packers should try on a pair of green paints for a change.

I don't care about your "statement." You're an annoying little punk who's saying anything you think will start a fight. You're an idiot. There. Now you have a reason. Also, in that context there are two Os in "too."

BB52Big.jpg

This is the same guy who started off another topic with something along the lines of "This article was interesting and boring at the same time - which made me think the old-fashioned fans on here would like to read it." I obviously cant speak fully for him, but it at least came across that he just sets out to bug traditionalists anyway he can.

Also, Kentucky looks just fine. Wearing white pants that are already part of your set with a blue jersey isn't apocalyptic, seriously. You're acting like Kentucky trotted out of the gate in carbon and lime green or something.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Really? Well I like these looks to, so see if you agree with my statement now?

I don't care about your "statement." You're an annoying little punk who's saying anything you think will start a fight. You're an idiot. There. Now you have a reason. Also, in that context there are two Os in "too."

:P BOOYAAA!!!!! :P

This is the same guy who started off another topic with something along the lines of "This article was interesting and boring at the same time - which made me think the old-fashioned fans on here would like to read it." I obviously cant speak fully for him, but it at least came across that he just sets out to bug traditionalists anyway he can.

Also, Kentucky looks just fine. Wearing white pants that are already part of your set with a blue jersey isn't apocalyptic, seriously. You're acting like Kentucky trotted out of the gate in carbon and lime green or something.

Actually, Kentucky normally only wears the white pants on the road. It is not best look ever, but to each their own. Hey, some carbon and black would look cool at KY.

spacer.png

My point was that white pants are already a part of the overall set and aren't anything new at all. If Kentucky had never worn white pants with anything, home or away, I'd understand, but they have. I'm not saying the blue monochrome is terrible and should be dumped or anything, I'm just saying the white looks good with the home blues too. I just don't see how switching pants for a couple games to something that's already part of your overall set and mix-n-matching is that crazy, but like you said, to each thier own.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• 1 year later...

With Kentucky getting a new football coach, there's been discussion on one of the UK boards about the team getting another uniform makeover. Some are suggesting that the "power K" return to replace the current "UK" logo on the helmet. The "power K" was used 1975-96. What are your thoughts? Which logo is better, or should they come up with something altogether different? For reference, here are photos of the power K I am referring to. The first is the one used 1975-90 or so and the second is the revised version Bill Curry used in the mid-90s. The last two are what they used last year...

Kentucky_OLD3.gifKentucky_OLD1.gifKentucky_B.gifKentucky_W.gif

Actually, Kentucky normally only wears the white pants on the road. It is not best look ever, but to each their own. Hey, some carbon and black would look cool at KY.

No. Carbon should be Oregon only

With Kentucky getting a new football coach, there's been discussion on one of the UK boards about the team getting another uniform makeover. Some are suggesting that the "power K" return to replace the current "UK" logo on the helmet. The "power K" was used 1975-96. What are your thoughts? Which logo is better, or should they come up with something altogether different? For reference, here are photos of the power K I am referring to. The first is the one used 1975-90 or so and the second is the revised version Bill Curry used in the mid-90s. The last two are what they used last year...

This thread is nearly two years old so why would you resurrect it? Also, a lot of the statements I made in this thread is not how I feel today as I am thankful that Carbon has never been introduced at Kentucky and I believe the black uniforms are horrendous and Green Bay should NEVER wear green pants. But to answer your question, I hope Kentucky never goes back to the "K" and I do not think they will. The schools identity is the UK logo and it would be stupid to change a logo that is know throughout college sports. Besides their blue-white uniforms are beautiful and if they were to make any change I would not mind seeing more gray and no black.

As far as your helmets from left to right: 1) Hate it, 2) Okay, 3)Best helmet ever, 4) second best helmet ever.

spacer.png

This thread is nearly two years old so why would you resurrect it? Also, a lot of the statements I made in this thread is not how I feel today as I am thankful that Carbon has never been introduced at Kentucky and I believe the black uniforms are horrendous and Green Bay should NEVER wear green pants.

Some boards I frequent prefer that users tack onto an existing thread that is on the same subject rather than start a new thread every time. I've seen some threads run for years. The benefit I can see is that it gives a historical perspective to the discussion without people having to go back and dig through old threads to see where the discussion has been in the past.

This thread was about Kentucky's football uniforms and that was the subject of my post. Seemed like a pretty good fit to me, but I suppose different boards run by different unwritten rules. shrug.gif If you're a moderator, split my post off and put it in its own thread. Makes no difference to me. Sorry I put you in the spot of having to reverse course.

Anyway, you like the blue with the white "UK" logo on it, and that's probably my favorite, as well. However, I absolutely hate the white stripe they put down the middle. Totally unnecessary.

This thread is nearly two years old so why would you resurrect it? Also, a lot of the statements I made in this thread is not how I feel today as I am thankful that Carbon has never been introduced at Kentucky and I believe the black uniforms are horrendous and Green Bay should NEVER wear green pants.

Anyway, you like the blue with the white "UK" logo on it, and that's probably my favorite, as well. However, I absolutely hate the white stripe they put down the middle. Totally unnecessary.

Yeah, I prefer the previous blue helmet with no stripe, but then again I would not want the white helmet to not have a stripe so it kinda makes sense to leave a stripe on both of them.

Kentucky has a football team?

Really? I expect some people on the boards to troll, but I never thought you would have been one.

spacer.png

Archived