Seahawks' Helmet Fail

Dedalvs

Except that Eagles don't have wings on their heads, while Rams do have horns on theirs. The wings are cool because they've been there for so long and identify the team, but if there was never any winged helmets, and the team was just started today, I'd rather them go with something like the Oregon Ducks and work the wing onto the sleeve, and just have a standard logo on the side of the helmet.

That true Vet but if you have the helmet facing you the wings is connected with the Ridell logo. The Eagles wing logo is one of the best with the Chargers lightning bolt, Vikings & Rams horns.

Did you leave off the Bengals' stripes on purpose? You did name all the other helmets in the mimicking-real-life-appearance category after all...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that Eagles don't have wings on their heads, while Rams do have horns on theirs. The wings are cool because they've been there for so long and identify the team, but if there was never any winged helmets, and the team was just started today, I'd rather them go with something like the Oregon Ducks and work the wing onto the sleeve, and just have a standard logo on the side of the helmet.

That true Vet but if you have the helmet facing you the wings is connected with the Ridell logo. The Eagles wing logo is one of the best with the Chargers lightning bolt, Vikings & Rams horns.

Did you leave off the Bengals' stripes on purpose? You did name all the other helmets in the mimicking-real-life-appearance category after all...

Oh yeah I did forget about the Bengals thank 4 the heads up Mingjai and also the Steelers with their logo on one side and the Panthers with the stripe on top of the logo.

This. I can't stand the Eagles' helmets for exactly this purpose. (I'm a big fan of the Rams' helmets.)

Regarding the Vikings' helmets, let me share my impressions as a kid. Mind, I wasn't thinking of design elements, or identities, or anything. In fact, the first time I saw the Vikings' helmets, I didn't know they were called the Vikings. I was familiar with the Detroit Red Wings' logo, and also familiar with the Eagles' helmets.

Bearing this in mind, the first time I saw the Vikings' helmets, I thought they were some kind of wing, like on the Red Wings' logo, or maybe a white flame. I thought they looked pretty ugly and unrealistic. I thought this for quite awhile, until someone pointed out that they were supposed to look like horns on a viking's helmet. Once I learned that, I thought (and I swear, this is the first thing I thought), "Oh, I see. Why didn't they make them actually look like horns, then?"

This. I can't stand the Eagles' helmets for exactly this purpose. (I'm a big fan of the Rams' helmets.)

Regarding the Vikings' helmets, let me share my impressions as a kid. Mind, I wasn't thinking of design elements, or identities, or anything. In fact, the first time I saw the Vikings' helmets, I didn't know they were called the Vikings. I was familiar with the Detroit Red Wings' logo, and also familiar with the Eagles' helmets.

Bearing this in mind, the first time I saw the Vikings' helmets, I thought they were some kind of wing, like on the Red Wings' logo, or maybe a white flame. I thought they looked pretty ugly and unrealistic. I thought this for quite awhile, until someone pointed out that they were supposed to look like horns on a viking's helmet. Once I learned that, I thought (and I swear, this is the first thing I thought), "Oh, I see. Why didn't they make them actually look like horns, then?"

The ironic part is that (I'm pretty sure) real vikings didn't have wear horns on their helmets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The ironic part is that (I'm pretty sure) real vikings didn't have wear horns on their helmets.

Yup. They had nose bumpers:

A1037.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

My least favorite part about it is how awful the color of the helmet matches the color on the decal and the uniform. I never noticed how bad of a match it was until this season.

It's a weird color. The Seahawks originally intended it to be a TOYO ink color, and/or a PANTONE Process Color. No real Pantone spot match. It is now designated as a custom Reebok color.

I think manufacturers have a real hard time matching this color across different materials. Here are the current specs:

RBK_040218_SRGB_Summary.png

I've mentioned this before, but the Charlotte Bobcats use this same exact color for their textile match in regards to their uniforms.

the first couple years they went to the new look, wasnt it more of a dark green/aqua/teal than a blue ? it looked that way to me in early pictures ?

Archived