Nnamdi Asomugha = free agent.

RAIDERNATION

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow! This is literally a godsend for my Lions. Our late season surge took us out of the running to get either Peterson or Amukamara in the draft, and we are in dire need of a "shutdown corner". William Clay Ford, are you paying attention? Asomugha in Honolulu Blue = Detroit Lions in the 2011-2012 NFL Playoffs!

Is the news that an above average cornerback will be hitting the open market really thread worthy?

Except that Asomugha is consistently the best cover corner in the league. IMO, his UFA status is quite threadworthy.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Al Davis walked this earth before the Pharaoh's. It's time go. N.A. should take his talents right across the Bay Bridge.

I like to see him take his talents to South Beach

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh wow! This is literally a godsend for my Lions. Our late season surge took us out of the running to get either Peterson or Amukamara in the draft, and we are in dire need of a "shutdown corner". William Clay Ford, are you paying attention? Asomugha in Honolulu Blue = Detroit Lions in the 2011-2012 NFL Playoffs!

While I'm hoping just as much as you that the Lions can get him, I don't think you know what literally means.

/Pet peeve

While I'm hoping just as much as you that the Lions can get him, I don't think you know what literally means.

/Pet peeve

I literally die when ever I people use that word incorrectly.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

/Pet peeve

Also, his use of "us", "we" and "our". But there's already a pretty notable thread that documents that pretty well. :P

/Pet peeve

Also, his use of "us", "we" and "our". But there's already a pretty notable thread that documents that pretty well. :P

We'll discuss that on Mexican Independence Day, see you May 5th!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

/Pet peeve

We'll discuss that on Mexican Independence Day, see you May 5th!

SEE YA!

16hw9rr.jpg

My asinine tweets: https://twitter.com/Milla_Nilla

Is the news that an above average cornerback will be hitting the open market really thread worthy?

Except that Asomugha is consistently the best cover corner in the league. IMO, his UFA status is quite threadworthy.

Did we have a Julius Peppers FA thread last year? And I don't think Asomugha is even close to the best corner in the league.

Did we have a Julius Peppers FA thread last year? And I don't think Asomugha is even close to the best corner in the league.

How is he not "even close" to being the best corner in the league? Teams only completed 13 of the 33 passes thrown against him with zero touchdowns.

For comparison, Revis was targeted more in 2009, when everyone jumped all over his bandwagon, than Asomugha has been in the last three years combined. That may not be the end-all stat, but it's pretty damn telling in this instance.

Asomugha is clearly the best cover corner in the league, in my opinion.

IUe6Hvh.png

How is he not "even close" to being the best corner in the league? Teams only completed 13 of the 33 passes thrown against him with zero touchdowns.

For comparison, Revis was targeted more in 2009, when everyone jumped all over his bandwagon, than Asomugha has been in the last three years combined. That may not be the end-all stat, but it's pretty damn telling in this instance.

Asomugha is clearly the best cover corner in the league, in my opinion.

Thank you.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

So, I've been wondering about this. What incentives did Asomugha fail to hit that got his contract voided?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Number of interceptions, I think. Which is a stupid move by Crazy Al since quarterbacks are deathly afraid to throw at Nnamdi, hence his low interception numbers since 2006.

Damn. Saw you were the last poster, and came here expecting you to speculate on the chances the Clippers could land him.

Leaving disappointed.

Is the news that an above average cornerback will be hitting the open market really thread worthy? Was there a Dunta Robinson thread last year? If you want to have a NFL free agency thread, fine.

I can't wait for the "Chris Houston = free agent" thread...

Mayhew's pretty set on bringing Houston back, actually.

Carry on.

Number of interceptions, I think. Which is a stupid move by Crazy Al since quarterbacks are deathly afraid to throw at Nnamdi, hence his low interception numbers since 2006.

Damn. Saw you were the last poster, and came here expecting you to speculate on the chances the Clippers could land him.

Leaving disappointed.

He could have posted that he should go to the Chargers.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived