Coloring Black and White Photos

mcrosby

After reading the recent UniWatch blog article on Coloring B&W photos I decided to try my photoshop hand at it. I think I did alright with this first attempt. I present-Forrest Gregg

Feel free to post your own as well, or make a request, I'll try my darndest.

forrest-gregg.jpgFGregg.png

Thanks guys, any more requests? I'd love to work on some more close up pictures (like Gregg) instead of the full scene pictures.

black,white,boxing,bw,historical,muhammad,ali,sports-2b07f0c16b21fb2f35411ed3d1ccfdaf_m.jpg

Your don't need to color the crowd

I'd be willing to try some more, this was actually very enjoyable.

Good stuff! I'd love to see this in color.

Here's the only color logo, athletic or academic, I've ever been able to find from that era. I can't verify that it's the exact shade of green they wore back then, but use your best judgment.

wisconsinst.jpg

Here's the only color logo, athletic or academic, I've ever been able to find from that era. I can't verify that it's the exact shade of green they wore back then, but use your best judgment.

Do you happen to know what team the opposing player is on?

Do you happen to know what team the opposing player is on?

There's no way to know for sure, but I'd go with white & purple since that was apparently the last game of the season and Whitewater was the last opponent on the schedule for most years.

EDIT: I just realized it may also be Stout (navy blue). In fact, given how dark the socks & stripe are, that seems more likely.

Archived