College Football Series

bigmike

Hey guys, its been awhile since I have posted any concepts, and if you know anything about me, then you know I love College Football. I guess I do more concepts for College Football then anything else because it is my favorite sport. This is kind of a spin-off from my Top-25 Concepts back in the summer. I tried reviving it but I'm using a new template now and I plan on doing more teams so I'm just starting a new thread for this. I have 6 teams done right now but I'll wait a while to post all of them, I want to try and do every team although I may only tweak some teams. I'll post a team from every conference so I can spread it out more.

Teams Done: 35

ACC (5/12)

Boston College Eagles: Home and Away

Clemson Tigers: Home and Away, Alternates

Duke Blue Devils: Home and Away, Alternates

Miami Hurricanes: Home and Away, Alternates

Virginia Tech: Home and Away, Alternates

Big 10 (5/12)

Illinois Fighting Illini: Home and Away, Alternates

Michigan Wolverines: Home and Away

Nebraska Cornhuskers: Home and Away

Ohio State Buckeyes: Home and Away

Wisconsin Badgers: Home and Away

Big 12 (3/10)

Oklahoma Sooners: Home Uniforms, Away Uniforms

Texas Longhorns: Home and Away

Texas Tech Red Raiders: Home and Away1, Home and Away 2, Alternates

Big East (2/8)

Louisville Cardinals: Home and Away, Alternates

Syracuse Orange: Home and Away, Alternates

C-USA (2/12)

UAB Blazers: Home and Away

UCF Golden Knights: Home and Away, Alternates

MAC (1/13)

Eastern Michigan Eagles: Home and Away

Mountain West (3/9)

Air Force Falcons: Home and Away

Boise State Broncos: Home and Away, Alternates

TCU Horned Frogs: Home and Away, Alternate

Pac-12 (5/12)

Arizona Wildcats: Home and Away, Alternates

Arizona State Sun Devils: Home and Away

Colorado Buffaloes: Home and Away, Fauxback Alternate

Oregon State Beavers: Home and Away, Alternate

USC Trojans: Home and Away

SEC (6/12)

Alabama Crimson Tide: Home and Away, Alternates

Auburn Tigers: Home and Away, Alternates

Florida Gators: Home and Away, Alternates

Georgia Bulldogs: Home and Away, Pro Combat

Kentucky Wildcats: Home Uniforms, Away Uniforms

Tennessee Volunteers: Home and Away, Alternates

SUN BELT (1/9)

Troy Trojans: Home and Away, Alternates

Independents (2/4)

Navy Midshipman: Home and Away

Notre Dame Fighting Irish: Home and Away, Alternates

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama Crimson Tide

Okay, so I'm starting out with my favorite team. This is really a mix between my last concept and their Pro Combat Uniforms. I kept the houndstooth sublimated on the helmet shell instead of the stripe, I just like that look better, and I added a white helmet. The facemask is now white on the crimson helmet and crimson on the white helmet. Here is a closer view of the crimson and white helmets. Now to the uniforms, I pretty much replicated the PC uniform and tweaked it a bit. I made the collar show on the back so you can see it, and then I added my Alabama script from my last concept. The pattern is also intended to show up better on my concept. The pants are the biggest change, I used the houndstooth on a single stripe to match the helmet and then I added the A logo over it. I also added some crimson pants just to change things up sometimes.

Home and Away Uniforms

AlabamaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

AlabamaAlternateUniforms.png

Now moving on...

UCF Golden Knights

This is probably one of my favorite concepts, I just felt UCF needed a change from their current Nike hand me down look. They have the same colors as my High School so I took inspiration from our uniforms. I made the helmet gold, and used a single black stripe to match the Knight on the logo. The uniforms are really modern styled, I kept the striping consistent on all the uniforms. I tried using a custom number font to match the wordmark, and lastly there is a gold pants option that could be worn with all the jerseys.

Home and Away Uniforms

UCFHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

UCFAlternateUniforms.png

Okay so I hope you enjoy, I'll post Boston College and Navy after I hear some thoughts.

You're High School is Cullman? I just finished a concept for them

Really? That's pretty cool, I'm guessing you are from Alabama haha.

I'd like to hear some more thoughts on UCF, but I'll go ahead and post Boston College and Navy.

Boston College Eagles

I don't know what really inspired me to do Boston College, it was just kind of a idea that hit me out of no where. They have always used a classic plain gold helmet, so I was thinking about adding a logo but instead I added...wings. It is a move that I thought was really good since they are the eagles and the winged helmet just seems classic, it may have been done before but I have never seen a concept with a winged helmet for BC. I used the same font for the uniforms but I went back to the double outline, for the striping style I took inspiration from the Doug Flutie uniforms, it turned out a little bit different, the pants are just plain with the BC logo on the side.

Home and Away Uniforms

BCHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Navy Midshipman

Navy was the first team I actually got done with, I used the same modified Pro Combat cut that I used a lot in my last series. I took inspiration from these uniforms. I used the Blood Stripe on the helmet and gold pants, and I really like how the helmet turned out and shows all three colors. The pants are meant to be interchangeable.

Home and Away Uniforms

HomeandRoadUniforms.png

So I will probably post Troy and someone else tommorow, I have Georgia done, but I was going to wait to post them until after I get done with some other conferences.

You're High School is Cullman? I just finished a concept for them

Really? That's pretty cool, I'm guessing you are from Alabama haha.

I'd like to hear some more thoughts on UCF, but I'll go ahead and post Boston College and Navy.

Yep. I'm from Guntersville over on the Lake.. On the BC helmet it might look like less of a steal from the Eagles if you designed it after the wings on the BC eagle logo

Okay I updated Boston College's helmet by using the wing off of their logo.

Troy Trojans

Troy was a easy team for me to do because I was influenced by my Fantasy team's uniforms. Which were inspired by Troy's sword striping used on the helmets and pants. So all I had to do was change the colors and the logos for this concept, as you can see I switched them to nike, and I decided to use a black helmet, I just like the way it looks with the maroon pants. I added the Trojans script to the side instead of their Troy shield logo, here is a closer view of the helmet.

Home and Away Uniforms with Red Helmets

TroyHomeandRoadUniformsRedHelmets.png

Home and Away Uniforms

TroyHomeandRoadUniformswithbevel.png

Alternate Uniforms

TroyAlternateUniformswithBevel.png

Georgia Bulldogs

I was going to wait and post Georgia until after I got done with some other conferences, but I decided I'll go ahead and post it. Last time I did Georgia I really didn't change anything except add spikes to the collar. Looking back at it, it was a neat idea but only for a alternate IMO, so now it is absent from the regular uniforms. The regular uniforms use a 3 layered striping, I thought about going with Northwestern stripes but that would make them look like Auburn. I also added a wordmark on the front that matches the G logo. And then I added a Pro Combat alternate uniform, which is all black, and features the spiked collar. I also used the Pro Combat striping for the regular pants so I could add the G logo over them without it looking cluttered.

Home and Away Uniform

GeorgiaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Pro Combat Uniform

ProCombatUniform.png

Okay so there is Troy and Georgia, I don't really know who to do next, so if you have request let me know and I may give them a shot.

Those Troy unis are sick. The only thing I'd like to see is maybe a red and gray option for the helmets (if only just to see what it'd look like). and perhaps a beveling to the numbers...to somewhat match the striping style. Navy and Troy are easily my favorites of the bunch so far. Nice work!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Alabama Crimson Tide

Okay, so I'm starting out with my favorite team. This is really a mix between my last concept and their Pro Combat Uniforms. I kept the houndstooth sublimated on the helmet shell instead of the stripe, I just like that look better, and I added a white helmet. The facemask is now white on the crimson helmet and crimson on the white helmet. Here is a closer view of the crimson and white helmets. Now to the uniforms, I pretty much replicated the PC uniform and tweaked it a bit. I made the collar show on the back so you can see it, and then I added my Alabama script from my last concept. The pattern is also intended to show up better on my concept. The pants are the biggest change, I used the houndstooth on a single stripe to match the helmet and then I added the A logo over it. I also added some crimson pants just to change things up sometimes.

Home and Away Uniforms

AlabamaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

AlabamaAlternateUniforms.png

Now moving on...

UCF Golden Knights

This is probably one of my favorite concepts, I just felt UCF needed a change from their current Nike hand me down look. They have the same colors as my High School so I took inspiration from our uniforms. I made the helmet gold, and used a single black stripe to match the Knight on the logo. The uniforms are really modern styled, I kept the striping consistent on all the uniforms. I tried using a custom number font to match the wordmark, and lastly there is a gold pants option that could be worn with all the jerseys.

Home and Away Uniforms

UCFHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

UCFAlternateUniforms.png

Okay so I hope you enjoy, I'll post Boston College and Navy after I hear some thoughts.

I love the UCF set. Using their Knight's helmet logo on the helmet got me thinking though, would it look cool to take the stylized eyes from that logo and place them above the facemask, have the stripe from the logo correspond to the football helmet stripe, add the stylized ears from the Knight helmet, and then have the jersey collar with the circular stud type prints ala the Knight helmet? I tried to sketch it out on paper but I know I don't have the computer skills to pull something like that off.

Do you have a paint template for Boston College and Troy's uni's? Those look sweet. And using the BC wig in place of the Eagles made it look so much better

Yeah I do, I'll probably release them sometime soon, I had a lot of cuts done for my last series but since I moved to the new template, I have to remake them so I'll probably wait until I have most of them made and then release them for other paint users to use.

What program are you using for this?

Mostly paint for the jersey design, and then I use gimp for the helmets, logo resizeing, sleeve logos/numbers and things like that.

ucf needs to get rid of the "ucf" wordmark/logo.

I disagree, I think it looks really good.

I love the UCF set. Using their Knight's helmet logo on the helmet got me thinking though, would it look cool to take the stylized eyes from that logo and place them above the facemask, have the stripe from the logo correspond to the football helmet stripe, add the stylized ears from the Knight helmet, and then have the jersey collar with the circular stud type prints ala the Knight helmet? I tried to sketch it out on paper but I know I don't have the computer skills to pull something like that off.

Yeah I can definately try that, I actually used that same idea for my fantasy team's Pro Combat Alternate Uniforms. So I'll try it out for something like that.

I updated Troy, gave the numbers a bevel (although it may not be dark enough to tell, I tried matching the wordmark instead of the sword stripes) and I added red helmets. Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm probably going to do a Big East team next, I was thinking Syracuse or TCU, and I may give Michigan a shot too.

Archived