College Football Series

bigmike

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona State V.2

I decided to just go ahead and try out my new idea for Arizona State, so if you want to see V.1 you can see it here. For V.2, everything is the same except the jersey design, I moved the pitchfork onto the sleeves and put numbers over it. The flag stays but now it is on the back of the jersey and sublimated, similar to Nike basketball uniforms. I also changed the numbers back to gold on the home jerseys. Personally I like this a lot better then V.1, I may end up using its design for a Cardinals concept if I ever do any NFL stuff.

Home and Away Uniforms

ArizonaStateHomeandRoadUniforms1.png

Illinois Fighting Illini

I really like Illinois' new basketball unis, so I used that as inspiration for this concept. I used the split colored script on the helmet, and added a double stripe pattern that matches the script. The striping pattern is tapered on the sleeves to give a more modern feel and I used it on the pants as well. i decided to get creative with the collar as well. And as you can see I used the basketball team's font, I used to think it looked too cartoon-ish but it has grown on me and I like how unique it is.

Home and Away Uniforms

IlliniHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

IlliniAlternateUniforms.png

Kentucky Wildcats

I love the uniforms Kentucky currently wear especially the pants. However, I think they can get even more modern with the design so I decided to do just that and came up with unique striping design that's used on the jerseys and pants. This is my 4th SEC team to do so far, so I'll try and get some others done although I may go ahead and do Arkansas.

Home Uniforms

KentuckyHomeUniforms.png

Away Uniforms

KentuckyAwayUniforms.png

would you mind if I use your idea two tone word mark helmet concept, for an Illini concept of my own?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

would you mind if I use your idea two tone word mark helmet concept, for an Illini concept of my own?

Sure, here is a bigger version of it, it should be compatible in paint too unless the upload messed it up. Anyways, I have 3 new teams done, Duke, Ohio State, and I had a guy email me requesting Tennessee, he also made the adidas template I used so I gotta give credit to Deion Blackwell for the modified template.

Duke Blue Devils

I've always had this idea for Duke, it was just a matter of when I wanted to put on the computer. I'm also drawing their logo in classes and I drew a custom wordmark to match the D logo, and I was going to try and just convert that to the computer but I actually found a free font that almost matches it perfectly. So I used this font throughout the whole concept. The striping design is based off of their basketball uniforms, I know I've been doing that alot lately but of anyone should do something like that it would be Duke since they are far more successful in basketball.

Home and Away Uniforms

DukeHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

DukeAlternateUniforms.png

Next Up is...

Ohio State Buckeyes

This is really just an update of my last concept, I thought about doing a Pro Combat alternate for them that I may end up doing but I wanted to go ahead and post these. The biggest change from it and my last concept is the pants have received the pro combat treatment and the logo has been tweaked some.

Home and Away Uniforms

OhioStateHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Tennessee Volunteers

Like I said earlier this one was requested, I may end up just finishing all of the SEC before I start on other conferences, because I have a lot of ideas for the other teams right now. For Tennessee I used the checkerboard pattern used in their endzones, I tried that out in a concept I did about 2 years ago and it just seems like a nice way to make Tennessee unique, similar to Alabama's houndstooth. I used a number font to match their T logo and I added "Vols" across the chest, I'm kind of iffy on the black alternate but Deion asked me to do it because it was popular with some of the Tennessee fans, so I went ahead and added that.

Home and Away Uniforms

VolsHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

VolsAlternateUniforms.png

Alright so I'd like to hear more comments on these, no one really said anything about Kentucky and Illinois, so I'd like to hear more on them too.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Duke should seriously pick those up... I'm glad you tweaked Ohio State's logo, it looks soooo much better now. and I don't like Tenn's name size on the back, and it doesn't really seem like the whole uniform flows very well.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

OhioStateHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Speaking as a Buckeye...

The Ohio State ones are nice.

I could actually see The Buckeyes using that exact design with the game pants in the future.

The Jerseys could be sold in the stores. Trust me, they would sell. I could even see them as a one-game 'Non Throwback" jersey.

Thanks.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

very creative on the Michigan unis. i like that. i LOVE the ohio state uniforms. nice use of keeping the gray w/ the same stripe pattern. very unique and cool. keeping w/ tradition, but making it modern. while i do like the O on the helmet, purists would say keep it clean so they can add buckeyes to it.

the only ones i didn't really like were the oklahoma ones. too many stripes going on. i would also flip the number color/outline on the UGA home and pro combat. Red numbers white outline on pro combat, black numbers, white outline on home uniform. i think too many people use white numbers, when they have uniforms that allow for color on color w/ white outlines that looks SICK on tv.

• 3 months later...

You need to continue this, it's some high quality work.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Thanks guys, I was a little too busy to keep going back in February but I should have some time to do more over the summer. I actually finished Florida and I may have posted it in the original post but around the time I was going to post it, Brave-Bird and some others posted some Florida concepts and I thought mine was kind of similar. I may post it over the weekend and I'll definitely start working on some more teams.

So thanks to the bump, I decided I'd go ahead and continue the series.

First up is Florida...

Florida Gators

Florida is a team I have done concepts for about 4 times before, the first two times I went with uniforms inspired by their old throwbacks. The next two times I just built off of their current uniforms by adding the new font and gator skin and tweaking the striping. For my 5th try I decided to take inspiration from their last two Pro Combat uniforms. The uniforms really build off of the 2010 set, while the helmet is from the 2009 set. I sublimated gator skin on the helmets but thats the only place, the uniforms use a unique striping that was inspired by the sleeve stripes from the Pro Combats. And of course you will notice the tweaked and re-colored Gator head, I've used it for my last two or three concepts. Here is a closer view of the orange helmet, and the white helmet.

Home and Away Uniforms

FloridaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

FloridaAlternateUniforms.png

And next up is Texas Tech...

Texas Tech Red Raiders

If you didn't know, the red raiders are getting new uniforms this season and they are awful. Personally, I thought they had one of the best modern looks in College Football when Michael Crabtree was there. So I went with a style similar to those uniforms, just some wrap-around piping with "horns". I also used serpentine for the number font since it is used as the wordmark. Got rid of the white helmet, if Tubs wants them to look like Auburn he might as well go all out and go with the northwestern stripes on the uniforms, I don't like the unmatched look. Oh I also emphasized red more since they are the red raiders.

Home and Away Uniforms

TexasTechHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

TexasTechAlternateUniforms-1.png

Home and Away Uniforms with Red Helmets/Pants

TexasTechHomeandAwayUniforms-1.png

Hope you guys enjoy, I'll probably go back and make some updates to a couple teams like Ohio State and Auburn.

Florida: the pants and sleeve stripe are a little odd, but the overall idea is very similar to what most people lean towards...and it always looks pretty good. The "F" and custom font are a great part of their identity, but it isnt in the football uniforms. Nice job.

Texas Tech: the uniform template is very Nike esque. Reminds me a lot of the swoosh around uniforms Miami wore before their current set. I think red pants are more important than black...maybe even try a red lid?

Tennessee: Not a fan of the black jerseys...but I'm on the side of eliminating all black from the UT athletics identity.

Florida: Nice work. I really like the widening pants stripe. Did you wash out the color of the gator? The green just doesn't look as green.

Arizona St: What font did you use for the numbers? I absolutely love it. Also, nice work on the sublimated state flag design.

Texas Tech: A nice concept, but nothing Earth shatteringly different there. I would like to see a while alt helmet like they have now.

Illinois: I'm not really sure that the two-tone text on the helmet would work.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived