College Football Series

bigmike

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would definitely like to hear some more thoughts about Arizona, but I have 2 updates and 2 more teams done so I'll post them to get this back on the front page. I went with the 2nd Helmet option on Arizona State so if you want to see what it looks like with the uniforms, you can look on the 1st post or whatever page I posted them on. The 2nd team updated is Michigan, even though I liked my first version alright, I think I like this version better, I love their new throwback uniforms so I decided to use it as inspiration for the updated uniforms. You'll still be able to see the V.1 concept on the original post.

Michigan Updated Home and Away Uniforms

MichiganHomeandRoadUniforms1.png

Alright and now for the two new teams.

Air Force Falcons

Air Force has a really cool identity but Nike has them outfitted in their overused Missouri template. The only uniform I like that Air Force has worn was the Thunderbird uniforms. Those are awesome, I'll probably try and render it for my presentation to show it as a alternate uniform. But moving on to their regular uniforms, I made a concept for a fantasy team back in the fall that used lightning bolts (they were called the Shockers) and it just fit perfect for Air Force. Got rid of black, silver makes a bigger impact and then the lightning bolt is enlarged so it doesn't look so small on the side of the pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

AirForceHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Virginia Tech Hokies

If you kept up with my Pre-Season Top 25 series last summer/fall, then you have seen this concept before. Not trying to toot my own horn but this is one of my favorite concepts. Combined piping and shoulder stripes, the only difference between my last concept is the white helmet, I also would think of the helmet stripes being tapered like they are in real life.

Home and Away Uniforms

HokiesHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

HokiesAlternateUniforms.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Michigan: I love their throwbacks too. A lot of people hate them but I think they're unique. Great execution.

Air Force: I love this one too except for one thing, that bolt on the side of the pants should be a little skinnier and a little longer.

Virginia Tech: Darken that orange a little bit and this will be flawless.

Untitled.png

[Navy Midshipman

Navy was the first team I actually got done with, I used the same modified Pro Combat cut that I used a lot in my last series. I took inspiration from these uniforms. I used the Blood Stripe on the helmet and gold pants, and I really like how the helmet turned out and shows all three colors. The pants are meant to be interchangeable.

Home and Away Uniforms

HomeandRoadUniforms.png

Too much red IMO. Only Marines wear red on dress unifoms (which is what pro combat uniforms were trying to artfully copy). But not every Midshipman will join the Merchant Marines Corps.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well I was hoping I'd hear some more comments on Air Force and Virginia Tech but I have another team done so I'll go ahead post it.

TCU Horned Frogs

I did TCU in my Top 25 series and it was pretty much a miss, looking back at it I used way too much frog skin, and I ended up updating the concept to something more like these uniforms. But lets face it, TCU has moved away from that look. So this time I decided to go back to the frog skin but not to overdo it. Plus, TFoA brought up how great their Rose Bowl uniforms looked in the NCAA uniform thread. So I pretty much turned that into their full time uniform set. The biggest change is the helmet, which uses frog skin and even some purple to black gradient, also the TCU w/frog logo stays on the sides. Here is a closer view at the helmet, obviously I wasn't able to use the real frog skin pattern they use because I couldn't find it but I used a triangle pattern to try and create the illusion that it is frog skin. The pants are plain, but the TCU logo would be on the front like it is in real life.

Home and Away Uniforms

TCUHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Alternate Uniform

TCUAlternateUniform-1.png

So there is TCU, I'm gonna do Notre Dame, Clemson and Louisville next so stay tuned!

I like what you did with TCU. You used just the right amount of frog skin. I like the simplicity of the unis, but they might be TOO simple. I would add some contrasting cuffs, the TCU logo on the side of the pants (like in the Rose Bowl pic), and possibly a simple pants stripe.

I love what you did with Michigan, AF, and Va Tech. All three look great...no complaints.

Can't wait to see ND!

I agree with mbannon. With a complex helmet like that, I think you have to spruce up the rest of the uni, or it just makes it look a little too plain. I like how clean your concepts are though, keep it up!

Thanks for the comments guys, mbannon's suggestion was perfect. The contrasting cuffs and pants stripe adds a little pop IMO and makes it look a lot better.

And the pants are meant to be interchangeable, I'd definitely think purple pants would look great with the away uniforms.

Well I was hoping I'd hear some more comments on Air Force and Virginia Tech but I have another team done so I'll go ahead post it.

TCU Horned Frogs

Home and Away Uniforms

TCUHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Alternate Uniform

TCUAlternateUniform-1.png

You basically nailed what I want TCU to look like, with the exception of purple pants with the white jersey. But, like Chapeeko said, the all-white looks just fine. Admittedly, I haven't been following the rest of the set, but if it's as good as this one, then this thread will definitely be worth watching. Great job on TCU, good luck on the rest of the set.

You basically nailed what I want TCU to look like, with the exception of purple pants with the white jersey. But, like Chapeeko said, the all-white looks just fine. Admittedly, I haven't been following the rest of the set, but if it's as good as this one, then this thread will definitely be worth watching. Great job on TCU, good luck on the rest of the set.

Thanks man!

I finished Louisville and Clemson today, I'll probably get finished with Notre Dame tomorrow or sometime this week and I may do Nebraska and Wisconsin together after that.

Clemson Tigers

I really like Clemson's move to the classic styled uniforms, and I think the 3 layered stripe looks great with their colors. So I gave the collars and cuffs the three stripe design, and the jersey has the Clemson wordmark across the chest. I also used the pro combat template for the pants and added the baseball logo. All the pants are interchangeable as usual.

Home and Away Uniforms

ClemsonHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

ClemsonAlternateUniforms.png

Next up...

Louisville Cardinals

Louisville's new uniforms are pretty good, except the techfit makes the stripes look like shoulder stripes. So I used the old Adidas template since it actually has sleeves, I also made the stripes over the nameplate match the sleeve stripes, which is just a adidas touch. I also used a new number font to match the wordmark.

Home and Away Uniforms

LouisvilleHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

LouisvilleAlternateUniforms.png

Alright so there is Clemson and Louisville, let me know what you think!

Both look great.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived