bigmike

College Football Series

Been there, done that...

Maybe it's just the overload of college football concepts, but these just seem "ok" they are good, nothing wrong with them, but there's nothing exciting about them either.

Because these uniforms are actually practical in real life? Maybe he should change every schools primary colors to make it more "exciting".

Yeah its stuff like that, that has discouraged me from doing these.

Keep it up bigmike, don't let negative comments get ya down. Especially when they're to the tune of "I don't like it" (and no C&C). It takes intelligence to look at a concept and figure out what to try, or what may look better. A robot can type "meh, it should be better."

FWIW, I like that your concepts have been practical and clean, and that's how they should be if you're trying to make 'replacements'. Keep it up, man.

Been there, done that...

Maybe it's just the overload of college football concepts, but these just seem "ok" they are good, nothing wrong with them, but there's nothing exciting about them either.

You don't know what you're talking about. If you look at the set closely, you can see how creative he gets and still keeps them realistic. Not every team needs an "out there" uni.

Keep it up bigmike.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I always like to hear constructive criticism and I know that not every person is going to like all of my concepts but I am going for a more practical feel for this series although I try to be creative. Anyways, I have had FSU and Nevada done for a while so I'll post them now.

Oh and somppi, I actually use MS Paint for the jerseys and pants, but I use gimp (cheap man's photoshop) for the helmet, numbers, resizing, and the whole layout of the presentation. Let me know if you are still interested in the template and I'll definitely send it to you.

Florida State Seminoles

Florida State has some great uniforms although they could be modernized. I took the ideas from my top 25 concept and cleaned them up a little bit more. The feather is used on the collar, and the pants. Last time I used it coming from the top, but I moved it to the bottom for this concept to fit the pro combat template a little bit better. There are a lot of combos that could be worn, gold helmets w/ gold pants is the primary option for the home and away uniforms. Then there are the garnet pants, and the blackout, whiteout combos. This is the 6th ACC team I've done hitting the halfway mark for the conference so until I get halfway with all the others, this will be the last ACC school posted for awhile.

Home and Away Uniforms

FloridaStateHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

FloridaStateAlternateUniforms.png

And here is the second WAC team...

Nevada Wolfpack

For Nevada, I wanted to go for a more unique version of they wear now. Despite the fact that it is a modern styled uniform I didn't go for a bunch of different options. So that means that their is a silver helmet and silver pants. I tried using the striping and sleeve pattern on the back of the jersey but it didn't really work.

Home and Away Uniforms

NevadaUniforms.png

The new spear for FSU is amazing. Great way to modernize the seminoles and I also love how the collar looks. But, I feel as if the feather would look better if it were going the other way.

Nevada is really good. I would try some navy pants though, just to switch it up for a few games.