2011 MLS Kits

AJM

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, well, well Ice Cap. Opinions "clogging" the board? Discussing the good/bad of MLS J E R S E Y design? Wait. What design? What identity? I guess you don't understand sports marketing and sports finance very well.

Are we done? How about everyone get back to discussing 2011 MLS kits...not personal jabs, whether or not MLS jerseys should have sponsors, sports marketing, sports finance, etc...

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Well, well, well Ice Cap. Opinions "clogging" the board? Discussing the good/bad of MLS J E R S E Y design? Wait. What design? What identity? I guess you don't understand sports marketing and sports finance very well.

Are we done? How about everyone get back to discussing 2011 MLS kits...not personal jabs, whether or not MLS jerseys should have sponsors, sports marketing, sports finance, etc...

THANK YOU someone should start another thread for that- this is about designs for the mls in 2011, not the fundamental idea of jersey sponsorship

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

Jesus :censored: ing Christ, you senile, elderly man-child. Shirt sponsorship has been standard operating procedure in soccer for a quarter century. There has always been shirt sponsorship in MLS, right from the first season. And in your soft-focus, purer-times recollections of your so-called glory days of American soccer, the refs were instructed to call phantom fouls at specified intervals during televised games to allow for commercial breaks, and the vast majority of teams, along with the league as a whole, suffered from what can only be described as financial hemophilia.

In applicable cases, we have discussed shirt sponsorship relative to aesthetics. Philadelphia has been taken to task on this board for implementation of their shirt sponsor. But they've been criticized without infantile whining and foolish grandstanding such as yours. And for most, I think there is the understanding that shirt sponsorship is a positive, in that the money benefits the team, and that a corporation willing to commit $3 million annually to a sports franchise demonstrates that the league is being viewed as healthy, viable, and a worthwhile investment.

Oh, and here's a tip: when you have a profoundly wrong-headed approach to a discussion, becoming extremely obstinate and insulting toward anyone who'd dare question you does nothing to garner you support, but serves to draw plenty of attention to what an astounding ass you are.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Now that Panthers has been thoroughly thrashed, time to get back to the kits....

I'm loving Toronto FC's new look, for the most part. The team's modelled itself after the great EPL clubs since day one, so a nice, clean look certainly fits with the image of what they want to present.

That being said, they need to drop the shadow leaf. It worked when they were the only Canadian organization in the league, but they're not anymore. The leaf/soccer ball works in the badge because it's been there since day one, and they were the first Canadian team in the league. Now that they're not the only ones north of the border, however, they need to drop all the unnecessary Canadian trappings, specifically the shadow leaf.

Also, they need to lose the Canadian flag, but that's more of a league wide problem then one exclusive to the club.

Now that Panthers has been thoroughly thrashed, time to get back to the kits....

I'm loving Toronto FC's new look, for the most part. The team's modelled itself after the great EPL clubs since day one, so a nice, clean look certainly fits with the image of what they want to present.

That being said, they need to drop the shadow leaf. It worked when they were the only Canadian organization in the league, but they're not anymore. The leaf/soccer ball works in the badge because it's been there since day one, and they were the first Canadian team in the league. Now that they're not the only ones north of the border, however, they need to drop all the unnecessary Canadian trappings, specifically the shadow leaf.

Also, they need to lose the Canadian flag, but that's more of a league wide problem then one exclusive to the club.

I agree about the shadow leaf for sure. I'm not going to lie, like all other TFC kits, I'll buy it without hesitation.

Respectfully, I disagree about the flags on the sleeves. There's rhyme to my reason though. MLS is the only league in the world (correct me if I'm wrong, but i'm 90% certain about that) that consists of teams from more than one country. I think they have a cool way to show it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm not going to lie, like all other TFC kits, I'll buy it without hesitation.

The white one is so bought. I've bought every TFC kit that has featured a polo collar.

Respectfully, I disagree about the flags on the sleeves. There's rhyme to my reason though. MLS is the only league in the world (correct me if I'm wrong, but i'm 90% certain about that) that consists of teams from more than one country. I think they have a cool way to show it.

They are the only top level league with teams in more then one country, yes. The flags do make sense in that respect. They just seem kind of cheesy. Like people should know that Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver are Canadian cities, and that the rest of the league's located in the United States.

They are the only top level league with teams in more then one country, yes.

There are a few more examples of this out there.

Would you look at that....

I stand corrected.

Where are their sleeve flags? :P

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

They are the only top level league with teams in more then one country, yes.

There are a few more examples of this out there.

Would you look at that....

I stand corrected.

Where are their sleeve flags? :P

Most countries are not as patriotic as the USA, and Canada just follows by proxy per league rules.

There is also prescient for Canadian teams wearing their flag, or at least a mapleleaf in other leagues.

2010082022460333016.JPG

rbkp_calgary.jpg

And yes, the U.S. is one of the most patriotic countries I can think of.

Anubis.png

I don't know about that. Depends on one's definition of "patriotism," I guess.

I would agree that the US is the most showy about its patriotism.

Agreed! That's exactly the determining factor.

The US loves to let us know that they love their country (I do not mean that in a negative connotation by the way)

Archived