2011 MLS Kits

AJM

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a good picture that shows all the teams that Bimbo (Grupo Bimbo) sponsors, including Club America, Chivas de Guadalajara and Monterrey.

bimbo6.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Philadelphia had some of the best kits in the league before the sponsorship. I really don't mind sponsors on soccer shirts, but when it clashes that bad with the design it just looks horrible.

I, too, love the Galaxy away kits. That lighter blue really works well with their navy.

The silver on both Seattle kits looks horrible. They're neon green, what's the need to add a shiny silver to it?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

"Democracy in Sports"? What does that even mean?

Probably referring to the whole season-ticket-holders-can-vote-out-the-general-manager-every-so-often thing they've got going on.

Still kinda dumb to put it on the shirt, though.

Yeah, but it's on the inside collar. It's not like it's replacing the XBox logo or anything.

Vancouver Whitecaps

vancouverwhitecapsmlsje.jpg

Man, this guy is a couple of neckbolts away from Fred Gwynn status, huh?

i really wish the Caps had done something a little more out there, considering what Portland and Seattle have, but I guess they were going for a more traditional feel. I patiently await the eventual light blue alternate home or clash jersey.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Philadelphia had some of the best kits in the league before the sponsorship. I really don't mind sponsors on soccer shirts, but when it clashes that bad with the design it just looks horrible.

I, too, love the Galaxy away kits. That lighter blue really works well with their navy.

The silver on both Seattle kits looks horrible. They're neon green, what's the need to add a shiny silver to it?

I believe the silver is part of the tech-fit design of the jersey, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

seattle-sounders-2011-shirt-design-leaked-a.jpg

I believe the silver is part of the tech-fit design of the jersey, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

seattle-sounders-2011-shirt-design-leaked-a.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's what it is, so maybe a player can choose not to wear that. It would not look nearly as bad, though, if that part was green or blue.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

"Democracy in Sports"? What does that even mean?

Probably referring to the whole season-ticket-holders-can-vote-out-the-general-manager-every-so-often thing they've got going on.

Still kinda dumb to put it on the shirt, though.

or maybe the rest of the MLS are bunch of commies...

I saw, I came, I left.

With the 2011 season kicking off in March, I figured now would be a good time for everyone to post/showcase the new goods. KC, Seattle, Houston, and Portland have already put our new kits, but feel free to put them up in here.

la-galaxy-2011-adidas-away-football-shirt.jpg

2011 LA Galaxy Away jersey

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/la-galaxy-2011-adidas-away-soccer-jersey.html

Also, Philadelphia are announcing a kit sponsor tomorrow.

short sleeved

Galaxymain.jpg

Is that really what Philly's jerseys are going to look like? That looks awfully tacky and is a perfect example of how badly a sponsorship can look. That seriously looks terrible. I thought there was a rule (probably just a myth) about jersey sponsors only being allowed to be in black, white, or team colors. Because I've always liked how MLS's jersey sponsors didn't stand out too much with non-team colors like I've seen in foreign leagues.

I think the sponsor color only applies to EPL home shirts

Nope - Spurs have, for the past several years worn a sponsor logo featuring touches of red, which is not only not part of Tottenham's color scheme, but which features quite prominently in their main rivals' kits....

Most Sounder fans are pretty angry about the new shirts. Absolutely awful... they would be just fine without the silver. If Riley's shirt is any indication than the gray isn't just a tech-fit thing, it's there for good.

I'm starting to hate Adidas the way some people on these boards used to hate Nike. Every thing they do is second-rate and phoned in. Their college football and basketball jerseys are a joke. It's just annoying to see them mess up everything from the NFL to the MLS.

And "Democracy in Sports" refers to the Sounders organization... every so often the fans can vote out the general manager. It's a silly thing to put on the collar, though. "Take 'em all" would've been much better.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I'm surprised the Union didn't have Stroehmann bread -- a name in Philadelphia baking for several decades. It's also been suggested Bimbo might buy Tastykake, which is drowning in debt.

I wondered the same thing, considering Bimbo owns Stroehmann and several other brands far more familiar to U.S. consumers.

Not only is the corporate logo an eyesore on those kits, I can't imagine the club's female supporters will be in a hurry to buy up new kits with a big "Bimbo" label across the front.

Hope they got a helluva deal to make this worth it.

Archived