2011 MLS Kits

AJM

Um, for a joke jersey, it doesn't look completely terrible. I wouldn't want to see it on the field but it definitely doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philadelphia Union wore a white strip for last night's US Open Cup match. First time they didn't wear navy/old gold combo. Will link to a photo later when I get sleep.

Not the first time, they wore it against Vancouver Whitecaps FC too.

LvZYtbZ.png

Hope that Philly's white becomes a full-time away. The gold is okay as an accent, but literally looks like dog :censored: as the primary color of the jersey.

Rather have the gold jersey than them wearing the blue all the time. Too many blue MLS teams.

Much like the SporKCs Wizards, the Revs have had that name for a long time; I think it would be a bad move to drop it to go with a trendy Euro-esque name.

That said, they've needed an identity overhaul for a long time. Keep the colors, but lose pretty much everything else.

Agreed...keep the name and colors intact, but update the unis.

for those of you that have a problem with the "Revolution", they do have an unofficial plural nickname in the Revs.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

• 4 weeks later...

I guess technically Galaxy are the host...

Yeap that's the case.

Galaxy related: Hopefully soon there should be (leaked) pics of the rumoured 3rd jersey which they will use for the CONCACAF Champions League matches. Main color is supposed to be a dark grey which is somehow almost blue-ish with golden adidas stripes.

btw the New England Revolution jersey look weird with the sponsor logo/name being so long and small, 2 lines would have been better I guess.

Also having watched the Philly Union recently, their jerseys are ruined by the way the sponsor colors (red, white, blue) contradict the teams colors (dark blue, light blue and gold).

• 2 months later...

Doubtful. I think it was a one-time thing, since it was for a tourney overseas. I'm thinking it was kinda like a nod to Red Bull Salzburg, one of their sibling clubs, since they wear the navy/yellow/navy combo.

Archived